Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

SettingSun posted:

I think it would be really cool if we got a SotC style remaster of the original GoW and especially GoW II.

They should re-release the first three games as God of War 5, 6, and 7. The only change would be to replace the Greek god names with their Roman equivalents.

"Raah! I'm going to kill you, Jupiter!

Click R3 to activate Praetorian Rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

esperterra posted:

The lack of gore has been bugging me still tbh. It does make the gory moments stand out more, but it's a bit awkward when Kratos is covered in viscera, the camera pans to BOY or something for a hot sec, then back to Kratos and he's spotless.
Perhaps the ashes of his dead family acts as a non-stick coating. He's covered in a sadness-based Teflon, so viscera and gore just slide right off when you aren't looking.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think the thing that's going to hurt this game on replays the most is *man* there's a lot of walking sections or parts where you're just standing around.
Some of those are there to hide loading from disk, so that you can play from start to finish without ever seeing a mid-game loading screen. If they took some of those out, the game wouldn't be faster, it would just feel like a PS2 game with frequent blank load screens to stare at.