Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ZZZorcerer posted:

The “give me god of war” difficulty is just ridiculous

I'll say. Enemies take forever to kill, can power up so they take double forever to kill and you better not get hit more than twice fighting several of them 2-4 at a time in a single checkpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ZZZorcerer posted:

9 heavy attacks to kill the lvl 1 Draug, and the enemy power up heals too, it’s almost impossible to fill the stun bar.... :argh:

I think I’ll restart on lower. This is bullshit.

If enemies at least dropped health more often, this is not fun.

I'm at the bit where you start fighting draughr with two-handed axes and I've had enough of this horseshit, I'm starting a new game. This is worse than God Hand on hard.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

You can adjust the difficulty mid-game for all modes but "Give me God of War" right?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

sleepness posted:

I'm glad to report that "Give me a Challenge" begins to stop being miserably hard after you get to the first kinda open hub as long as you've been exploring/collecting money. Managed to get myself a ton of upgrades which has made this much more manageable.

Now that I reached that part I'll probably bump it up to that after restarting the game on normal. Normal is a bit too easy but hard felt just as punishing as GoW mode only the enemies didn't power up anymore.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ugh. I really wish I went to the big building in the center of the lake first instead of last. God knows how many door spots I didn't collect.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone else getting a strong Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver vibe from this game?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this poo poo is so dumb on the harder difficulties. literally get three shot by same level generic mooks, who take like ten hits to kill. awesome.

They should strip the health bonuses out. It would be fine otherwise.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I love that surly blue fucker.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I always took Kratos' sternness with the BOY as him trying to raise him to not be a pussy that gets murdered by the numerous things in the world that want to kill him.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kilometers Davis posted:

Holy good lord this game just made me super emotional during the modi causing atreus to hulk out and have to been taken to freya section. Kratos body language while holding him and carrying him there was amazing. It’s storming real bad where I live right now so the solitary travel back to their home was surreal. And then the thing at the house happens ahhhhhh

GOTY every year forever

The best part of that is the impatient pacing on the elevator up to the Freya's house.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s really genius how after the boy gets feisty and starts being a dick (late game) he stops responding to your bow shooting commands. It’s so sneaky and subtle that I thought my game was bugged until I realized what was happening. It’s so effective how it makes you feel so irritated about losing control of him.

I get what they were going for with that bit (the knowledge of his godhood is going to his head and it's making him an rear end in a top hat in the way most gods are) but I don't think it was executed very well. It just felt so sudden and grossly out-of-character.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bust Rodd posted:

Cory Barlow says no DLC is currently planned and in general a game of this size and development scale would have already begun working on the first DLC like a year ago.

If we ever get GoW DLC, it won't be in 2018.

That's good, I'd rather we get part 2 sooner than getting another realm or something since I thought the non-story realms were the least interesting part of the game.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

shortspecialbus posted:

Protip for Niflheim:

Open the 2500 chest ASAPractical to get an epic gem that significantly slows the mist meter. Even that gem alone is better than 3 of the legendary ones.

Between that, three pieces of armor and the axe pommel I can do a full clear of the workshop and have about 1/3rd of the meter to spare. You get 10-12k mist per clear.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dan Didio posted:

No, but it's the sort of thing that would make sense. Also, it makes a lot more sense why Freyja was so scared of seeing the boy with the mistletoe arrows.

I kinda hope they don't lean too heavy on foreknowledge of prophecy framing everything in the story because I think it's more interesting that Freya was just overprotective and didn't know Baulder's death meant the start of the road to Ragnarok.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if Odin knew and enchanting Baulder was his idea along with killing every giant so a Loki can't possibly pop up. But if that were true sending Baulder after a suspected giant at the start of the game would be tempting the gently caress out of fate.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 27, 2018

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sword and Sceptre posted:

I like the valkryies a lot but holy poo poo gently caress those ones that summon dudes.

For me they just kinda died from incidental damage between my own attacks on the valkyrie and fully upgraded shock arrows shooting lightening everywhere.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Horrible Taste posted:

* The chain was made from the sound of a cat's footsteps, the beard of a woman, the spit of a bird, the breath of a fish, the roots of a mountain and the sinews of a bear.

I wondered that line in the game about the dwarves making an unbreakable chain from footsteps and hair was about.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

poptart_fairy posted:

The valkyrie side punch is the biggest load of horse poo poo in the game. Everything else about them is great, but that move is so goddamn cheap and spammy.

They generally only do it if you guard too much so you can bait it and counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

poptart_fairy posted:

Any advice for the "don't get hit" impossible challenge? I do fine until the devourer arrives, at which point the screen loving explodes with particle effects and I can't track anything.

Use the activated witch time talisman when it opens its chest and chuck your axe in it as fast as you can.