Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

sicDaniel posted:

Bought this on Friday and today I beat the Alfheim Dark Elf boss guy. What an rear end in a top hat. Playing on challenging difficulty was a good choice, although I didn't expect it to be that hard, I just stomped through Bloodborne and Dark Souls Remastered, but I died five times in the very first encounter, that was cool. For the first couple of hours every encounter felt like a Soulsborne boss fight, there is an early fight that almost made me quit the game, it's against a Revenant and two of the 2h-axe wielding guys and later it spawns some of the fireball-throwing enemies. Only in Alfheim, when I had a whole bunch of weapon skills and got good at using them, I could go into 1-2 encounters in a row without dying. There is really too much going on. Melee skills, shield bashes, throwing skills, of course BOI. Many times I finish a fight and realize I didn't press square once.

Very this. I finally broke down and picked it up from GameStop last weekend, also started on Hard and was worried about regretting that decision for a while. I'd seen the first hour or so in a bunch of blind Youtube LPs and on normal everyone was blazing through mook enemies in one un-upgraded axe combo, meanwhile it takes me 30 seconds to chew through every single Drauger, not counting having to constantly dodge around since I'm also surrounded by enemies all the time. And those axe guys can gently caress right off, I just sprint back and forth across the arena and kill all the other enemies, then focus parry those fools down.

Strangely, I'd still recommend Hard to new players, because if you can stand it until you meet the blacksmith and can start upgrading your gear and buying decent moves the combat snaps into place and feels really good. In most games I don't like to buy too much stuff at once because the power jump is so big you feel OP, but here you really do need all the help you can get.

I just hit the lake and immediately NOPE'd out of the plot to go exploring (I like how they poked at the 4th wall about this, with Kratos saying 'hey we'll just come back here when we're ready to continue our journey'). I did the Help 4 Ghosts quest and am about to go fight a Balrog for the other blacksmith bro. My new favorite thing in the world is the Cleave charged R2 attack. I've been focusing all my gear on Strength because I figure I can just git gud at dodging and it's more helpful to be able to kill stuff faster than try to manage big mobs for longer fights. Being able to have BOI distract a dude with arrows so he turns around, then Cleave him for 50% his HP in one attack is ~*amazing*~ Friendship with R1 is ended. Now R2 is my BFF :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

wait when does this not happen

If you play through multiple GoW games in a row it gets pretty funny how they keep inventing contrivances to reset Kratos' power. For GoW 2 Zeus tricks him into pumping all his upgrades into that giant automaton; in the first PSP game (Chains of Olympus?) Athena and Zeus just show up at the end and straight jack all your cool gear. Zeus' Gauntlet was one of my favorite GoW weapons :mad:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ I like the note for grandmas they put on the back :3:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I got the God of War 3 remaster version or w/e a while ago and just couldn’t get into it after 15 mins in or so. I’d never played one before. It felt very clunky and just not a fun mindless ARPG like I expected. Fell in love with this game and while I realize 3 is both last gen and not the same game in any capacity I sort of want to revisit. Did y’all enjoy it?

All previous GoW games played very similarly, this new one is a big departure for the series.

Quick rundown of previous games:

GoW 1: First game, so they were still figuring out what worked and what didn't. Pretty great at the time, but in retrospect there is some janky bullshit in there too.

GoW 2: Until GoBOI, pretty universally considered the best one. Just like the first game, but everything is more and better.

GoW 3: The pendulum may have swung too far to the 'make Kratos a psychopath' direction, and you can feel some franchise fatigue happening with them just mashing together the different bits that make up a GoW game, leading many to feel that it's less than the sum of its parts. Probably a bad place to start the series.

Chains of Olympus: Pretty good for PSP, a bit more polished than GoW 1 but not as good as 2. If you're going to play the mobile games play this one first because...

Ghost of Sparta: Really good for PSP. Looks as good as a PS2 game, lots of fun combat mechanics and combos. Would be really hard to go back to CoO after playing this.

Ascention: Haven't played this one, but reviews aren't great. Is it worth checking out?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I started on Hard and found that most early enemies were so Stun resistant that I would end up killing them with damage as often as I got their Stun bar filled up. As such, I focused on Axe and went full DPS focus at first, which seemed to help a lot. It's important to be able to eliminate enemies quickly at first before you get Rune skills and other mobility attacks. Once you hit the first blacksmith you should be able to shift focus more towards Defense and Unarmed/Shield combat. But yes all BOI's moves are like 500xp and you don't have to actively use them beyond tapping the fire arrow button every once in a while, so it's a lot easier to get the full utility out of his skills compared to your own.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just got to fireland tonight but haven't talked to the giant sword yet, is this entire realm just the battle arena that you can grind in like those generated dungeons in Bloodborne to farm mats? Is there a certain number of challenges you need to complete to reveal more plot stuff or is it just loot? I was hoping for at least another sidequest and a lava golem to fight :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are the challenges static or do they level with you? So far the only encounter I've felt like I had to skip and come back is the Rift battle against 2 lv8 Revenants. There are entire videos on Youtube dedicated to just this fight so I don't feel to bad about retreating for a few levels. I powered through those 2 high level axebros on the lake but getting oneshot by some homing ranged attack from across the arena is no fun :mad:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

Is that the fight in the temple, where you have to light up 3 crystals before you can access the rift? That fight hosed me up too, until I got luck and one of the revenants got stuck in a hallway, while the other one kept chilling in the main building. That certainly helped :)

That's the one. Apparently you can run over to that room on the left and hop over the fallen pillar to kind of cheese them, but their burrowing attacks still go through so I'm not sure how much that helps.

The Macaroni posted:

It really should be her, but I don't know if we can find a fake bald cap big enough to cover her giant braids.

Just make a lady Kratos with those Princess Leah viking buns on each side. The white and red bodypaint should make it obvious who she's supposed to be either way :kratos:

e: Forgot why I checked the thread again, I cleared the first Musphelheim challenge in one go, but #2 is spanking me. I've got the first 2 waves down pretty well but 3 wolves and 2 sandworms are just not all dying at the same time :argh: I'm assuming I have to wear down the worms first since they're so much tougher then just save up a Murder of Crows and ragemode to drop on the whole group at once.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 29, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

xxEightxx posted:

Being level 6/7 helps a lot. Having Atreus fourth arrow too.

Yeah I went back and retried the fight just after upgrading the quiver and got them. Think I'm still lv3. Basically turtled like hell and waited for Murder of Crows to recharge, then ran in and dropped both my rune attacks while they were stunned. Still took a few minutes but it wasn't exactly hard, just a bit boring and cheesy. Revs and Nightmares are probably my least favorite enemies to fight so far, give me the big chunky axe dudes that I can Matrix-style dodge around and parry :black101::kratos:

Dienes posted:

Even* if you are cosplaying as lady Kratos.

*especially

edit:
Found this challenging encounter and decided to honor box a Traveler to death. Probably took an hour of attempts, but Dark Souls style 1-on-1'ing heavy enemies while one hit away from death is extremely my jam so I still had fun. I do like how the death screen tooltip rubs it in. "Hey you know that thing you just did that made you die? Yeah don't do that." Real fun starts about 3:00 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPx_T7ERaVE

:kratos: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge swords?
:radcat: No, Kratos. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to.

edit2:
I didn't mean to kill the thread :ohdear: That or you're all just waiting around for NG+ to drop. Anyway in my quest to avoid the main... quest... for as long as possible, I immediately took my new brainchisel and went back to all the magic doors I could remember. The first few just had some treasure but the one on the path to the mountain has a Valkyrie in it! I thought the first V fight wasn't too bad, but this one rocked my poo poo for a good hour before I learned all her tells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGVyJP3oV_0

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 4, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a general consensus as to which realm armor sets are better between fireworld and misttown? Which one should I grind in to buy the gear to clear the other? Bashing my head against the 'kill 100 demons' one ATM, if this is the Normal challenge I'm not looking forward to Hard. Best I've done so far is to get down to the 30s, current strategy is to stack burn damage and try to Shock & Blade everything to death from a distance. They gave me these big pillars in the arena so I know there's going to be Elementals at some point. I know it :smith:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Anti-Hero posted:

I used the cursed mist armor as my endgame set.

Seems like it would be easier to grind mist than fire crests or whatever the other set takes. I did scrape enough together to craft a complete Fallen Ash set, but it doesn't look like I'll be upgrading it for a while. I thought it would go well with trying to stack fire damage, but one of the Mist sets has way more Runic stat, if I'm trying for elemental damage should I be aiming for that?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

oh hey a thread update!

Oh, no new game plus, welp.

Sorry not trying to be a dick I just want to play this game but am holding out for that! :pray: they’ve been a bit quiet about it but yeah I know it takes time!

Do you mean play at all? I'd say go ahead and jump in and figure by the time you're finishing up they would have NG+ ready. If you explore everywhere and especially if you start on Hard it's a good 30 hours of content at least.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 13, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had the healing armor for a while, it's really nice that the game just throws the healstone at you rather than on the ground and making you try to get over and pick it up like Ratataska or whatever his name is. Is there any hidden benefit to having him dig in certain parts of the game or is it just that he seems to talk trash if you use him in the other realms?

YOUR SHIELD IS SHITE :kratos:

xxEightxx posted:

Mistworld is better for farming since all you need for fireworlds is atreus’ Fourth arrow and to be a high level. Also pump runic, and pick the runic skills that max damage.

I think I'm on sword 5 right now, might clear that or bail out and go grind mists until I can at least buy the base RUNIC mist set and start focusing on that instead of strength like I have been. What happens when you clear the 6th sword? Does it just start over or can you warp around and retry whatever trials you want?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Went ahead and powered through to the top of the volcano, this was... unexpected. Still a lot of fun, though I poo poo the bed there at the end but eh, whatareyagonnado? Also, I didn't know getting stomped on by a Valkyrie was a fetish I even had, so thanks for that game :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezyLfKHjmMM

boop the snoot posted:

I’ve died way too much button mashing for health stones.

:emptyquote:
In this fight I just started ignoring them completely, trying to maneuver over to them caused at least half my deaths against her.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

I made a lot of attempts to finish the don’t get hit one and I never did it but it did improve my general fighting skill a lot, so I guess it was worth it in that sense. 2-4 are pretty easy anyway.

Yeah, I've tried a couple and so far they've only been 'impossible' by adding my least favorite gameplay constraints rather than actually upping the enemy challenge. I hate time limits, which is going to make fighting the Valkyrie in Nifelheim a royal pain I'm anticipating. I've really enjoyed almost all the other fights so that's a shame.

Speaking of, I'm assuming I'm meant to grind up enough mists to open the locked chests, and they'll give me the resources to access those 3 tears? Sindri's making them sound pretty drat ominous.

Also, I got lost :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Qn4KjtbXc

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

poo poo I swear I get hit but I’ll try it again.

I think Kratos can block one 'hit' from the big chest lazer, but gets stunned afterwards. So if it's doing a quick sweep you can shield that and never have it register as a hit, but yeah if there's another enemy standing right there you're vulnerable. If you can get the elemental by itself it should be pretty manageable.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Yeah thanks for posting that map, I thought the geography was changing a lot more each run, but it's really just the transitions from each room, the overall shape is consistent.

L-O-N posted:

Save your rage until he shows up, then rage and use the move that throws the rock. If you hit him in the center weak spot with the rock, it should be a one hit kill.

I was really struggling with this first Impossible challenge, finally cleared it by turtling up and letting BOI do most of the DPS with shock arrows. The worst enemies here are the wulvers because they're so fast and unpredictable. I would save up runic attacks and just drop 2 or 3 on them at once to remove them from the battlefield ASAP. I hosed up grabbing the video, but the best death I had was sprinting over to the final boss to finish him off with an R3 pummel, and one of his chest grenades was still on the floor and exploded as I was running by, instantly failing the challenge :smithicide:

But I kept trying, eventually got it and just cleared challenges 2 and 3 with much less hassle. Hint: for time limit trials, go all-in on Stun damage. Blue arrows, shield attacks, even go pick Stun-heavy runic attacks. Often that's the fastest way to get mid-strength enemies out of play.

edit:
Think I'm pretty much done with fire challenges, until NG+ I don't really see a point to maxing out that armor and I like the look of the Valkyrie set more anyway.

SPEAKING OF, finished off that sidequest. The Valk fights were some of my favorite encounters in the game. I wasn't looking forward to fighting the one in poison mist but that ended up being the only fight I won my first try, I think they nerfed her to account for the time limit. Was also only slightly disappointed that the Queen didn't have any new moves, just all the attacks of all the others, but she's so fast it was still pretty easily the hardest fight. Even with all that I felt like I was doing too well for what should be an end-game encounter, so I resolved to honor duel her with just my fists. That took two days, but was still pretty fun. If anyone is struggling with her and wants to see how to evade all of her attacks, this is me doing that for 20 minutes. The winning run starts about 3:00:

Sigrun: No Runes, Fists Only, Final Destination, BE READY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9XHz80ARs

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 18, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Braincloud posted:

I still need to beat Sigrun. gently caress Sigrun.

Peep my previous post if you're having any trouble with her attack tells. That was probably my favorite fight in the entire game, the 'final boss' was a bit of a wet fart by comparison. The whole Valk sidequest was really well done and pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a GoW game: a series of difficult (mostly) 1-on-1 encounters where you had to learn a new set of tells and counters in order to not be splattered like a bug on a windshield 10 seconds in.

And the mist realm tears were not remotely worth it, I'd honestly recommend not even bothering with them. I didn't know it at the time so I ended up Platinum'ing the game, the first PS4 game I've bothered to do that with. I also started up a playthrough on GoW difficulty and clawed my way to the first Baldur fight but it just isn't fun not having any of your combat tools and moves while going up against giant walls of HP that constantly 2-shot you. Every encounter just seems to go on about twice as long as it should. If I can NG+ into GMGoW then I may try it again, otherwise I'll just do another Hard run :kratos:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just started a gmgow+ game off my platinum'd Hard save file, just finished limping through the Stranger fight at the house. Beginning of the game feels way better than a fresh start on the higher difficulties. Being able to drop 4 AoE runic attacks in a row then run in with a sick blade combo to finish everything off is pretty great.

I noticed i seem to have two shields now, what's up with that? They get different blacksmith upgrades or something?

Also, what are everyone's 12 favorite enchantments? I'm wearing a full set of Valkyrie armor with the infinity gauntlet and want to minmax my dudes.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it looks like one of them is just from NG+, it has the same red background that's showing up when I find Slap Skag or whatever the new crafting resource is, probably anything red like that is gonna be NG+ related.

I'm anticipating a pretty big mechanic dump when I hit the first Brok store, are there actual new skills and items to buy or do the upgrades just make my numbers bigger?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I always upgraded boi before Kratos because it's so much easier to fully utilize his new skills since they're either automatic or just come with tapping Square every few seconds.

What's up with this 1.31 patch? There's a reddit thread for it but nobody seems to know what it does yet.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fairly breezing through the early game. I converted a bunch of XP into cash so I could buy the new boi armor. In case anyone else is short on silver, the game gives you some fresh boi threads that has the perks of 2/3 of the other armor sets, it just doesn't let you equip it until you meet Brok.

This was the very last raven I found in my first playthrough CAN YOU GUESS WHY

https://twitter.com/TND669/status/1032836615020990464

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does Mimir have unique dialogue or stories about the early game sidequests? I'm wondering if it's worth it to beeline to him, then bring him back to the lake and start on exploration then.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I avoided plot progress like the plague until I had exhausted all possible sidequests, since I no longer really need to 'gather resources for our journey' I'll take the opposite approach and not touch them until I've gotten the band back together. Kind of wish I'd have thought about it earlier, I would have skipped opening those lore triptychs in the early game and come back with storyhead.

edit:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was going to post about this but really why bother with anything else

drat you guys are not kidding, I just wiped the floor with the ice giant in the Heart of the Mountain like it weren't no thang. Being able to drop 8 runic attacks in a row is busted as hell, I love it. And if you upgrade the talisman you even get to keep the 3 jem slots like the infinity glove :circlefap:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 25, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dick Holden posted:

IMO the Ancients Armor set, Golden Protection Amulet, and Kvasirs Amulet are all worth saving to change into enchantments. That will give you 85% resist to all elements, realm shift on dodge, and a wide window for parries. You simply need to upgrade the NG+ amulet or armor set to max and then trade that (along with some hacksilver) for the enchantment at the store.

As far as armor goes I got the Tyr's set as it made itself available, then stuck with the new Ares set for the rest of the game. It's STR/LCK/CDN, so I went with a Surtrs Grip/Blessings of the Frost build while using the Glowing Gem of the Nine enchant. Just time slowing and fire/ice waves all day, would recommend.

Well that's pretty much the best. I was always disappointed that Witch Time took up your entire Talisman slot and wasn't just a skill you could buy. I'm about to ride the elevator up from the Heart of the Mountain and fight the dragon, guess I know what items I'm collecting as soon as I get back down with Mimir.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the 2 higher difficulties are definitely tuned around you having some tools and moves at your disposal. Basically the whole New Game up until Brok is built around Normal difficulty, Hard and GoW both feel really bad and grind-y until then. Conversely, even GoW+ barely feels like a step up in challenge because you've got all your gear and runes. It can help feel like you're really getting stronger/better to tough it out through that first part of the game, but if you're having a Bad Time then you should absolutely drop down to Normal at least until the first blacksmith.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

May have it on easy

Did they buff the dark elf boss? I beat him first try easily on GMAC but he’s killing me quickly on plus

finally beat him. had to fight him like a valk and be patient as gently caress

Yeah Dark Elf King was the first significant challenge on NG+ for me. I kept trying to blitz him with runic attacks, but since he leaves a bomb behind every time he leaves the ground I kept getting caught by those for like 60% of my HP. Like you said I ended up having to chill way out and avoid his bombs, wait for him to come in for melee attacks and dodge/counter those.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty well stalled out in my GMGOW run, but I agree that the Dark Elf King is the first fight that really fucks you up no matter how many upgrades you have. What kept getting me was that he now leaves a bomb whenever he jumps away so I'd be standing there trying to hit him, he'd fly away and I'd just instantly die without knowing why.

What you need to do with him is slow way down, dodge his ranged attacks and wait for him to come to you. All of his melee attacks are easy to dodge and you can get in a few hits during his cooldown, but then back off and wait for another attack you can punish.

Up until that point I could kill everything by being super aggressive with my runes and other combat moves, for this fight you need patience.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I think I Platinum'd GoW, if not came drat close, and looking back it really wasn't worth it. Some of the last things I unlocked like those chests in Niflheim were just more combat encounters, and the resulting loot wasn't that impressive as endgame stuff. For poisonland just grind up enough stuff to knock out the Valk then GTFO. Because the final Valk fight is one of my favorite things in the game. I liked it so much I even handicapped myself by going fists only (and arrows) to make it last longer. She's basically a Dark Souls boss, way better final fight than the standard 3-part button prompt fest that is the actual end of the game...

I dug up the video of me punching out Sigrun so spoilers obviously, but yeah it's a good time and worth tracking them all down if you enjoy the combat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ9XHz80ARs&t=190s

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ You've got the right idea, really the only things I remember about the optional areas after the Valk fights are just frustratingly difficult arena battles for, at best, sidegrade gear.

JBP posted:

I got all the trophies except the birds and gently caress traipsing around looking for them lol

Ah poo poo I forgot about the loving ravens :argh: I resorted to traipsing back through the entire game following a Youtube guide to get them all. The last one was in some cave standing in an opening with the light shining in. I don't know if it was my video settings or what but it was literally invisible to me. I just blindly threw my axe at the hole a couple of times and finally got it. I don't usually trophy hunt like that, I think I only did it there because it was probably the last one I needed for Plat, making like the 2nd PS game I've done that for.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 25, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

shortspecialbus posted:

The hand/shield combat is actually incredibly powerful and shouldn't be overlooked or skipped.

:buddy: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge swords?
:coal: No, Kratos. I'm telling you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPx_T7ERaVE&t=195s

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PageMaster posted:

The game does an incredible job of making you want to fight Thor and Odin despite never seeing or meeting them.

Also, when Mimir talks about Freya being cursed, he says she was cursed to be unable to harm any living thing, so how is she fighting in the sequel trailer?

TBF she doesn't actually hurt anything in the clip from the trailer :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah when I was grinding that fight out the wing attacks were my biggest killers too. Even in the punchy video I posted earlier I eat a few wing stabs and spins over the course of the fight. One of the things I did to help with that fight is to spec into max healing. Have health regen on your Rage meter and parry and runic time (I forget which of those are configurable), and have Atreus throw you healing stones. Over the course of my video I probably heal up like 2 full health bars and I was still in the red when I finally got her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's easy to overlook how useful the boy's arrows are but yeah, you wanna be upgrading and using them more often, they can be really helpful.

Yeah, try to get in to the habit of just constantly tapping the arrow button every few seconds during any combat. He's never going to do good DPS but he can debuff and interrupt certain attacks like some Valkyrie air attacks.