Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Ohyesitsme posted:

No, it was a local crematorium - most people had to stand outside in the snow. £15k per seat inside would have been a nice wad, though. Particularly as the old boy was loaded, and only left me his watch.

You know the church that had her funeral doesn't have unlimited seating? And they aren't going to let nobodies hover outside the door with former presidents inside.

They also broadcast it on television.

Sierra Nevadan fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Brainworm posted:

According to Fresno State Creative Writing professor Randa Jarrar.

Also,

I, for one, support Randa Jarrar's career transition to professional wrestling heel, and welcome GBS's hot take on the role of public intellectuals and the state-funded tenure protections they enjoy.

:shrug: She wasn't wrong. Barbra did say that Louisiana blacks were doing better in the Superdome than their home. Plus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

"Those celebrities only had a few dozen people at their wedding. My cousin Suzie had more than that!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
She did make Jeb!

Please clap

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

new phone who dis posted:

That specific thing she did is lovely and actionable probably in my ideal world but even then I'd rather her not be punished for that than live in this retarded, call-out tattletale reality we currently occupy.

agreed even though it really sticks in my craw. that was both calculated (this crisis line will get flooded with abuse, proving that the other side are all terrible harassers) but also cowardly (let's pick a random different university so I don't get blowback from my own employers).

since she works in education, lets go back to the old standby of punishment for juvenile behavior: she can write "I will not involve crisis hotlines in my idiotic twitter slapfights." on a blackboard 500 times

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they'll probably do one of those institutional review board things and make her do some sort of social media sensitivity training and she'll write a series of articles about how she was discriminated against and it will get her promoted to full professor

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gobbagool posted:

Pretty sure most non sad brain people agree with you on this. If we didn’t live in a constant outrage culture that twitter either helped build or is just accurately reflecting, this would have passed without comment. “Loathsome person holds loathsome opinion, news at 11” seems unlikely without twitter

ISIS could garner a lot of good will by bombing the Twitter servers.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Klyith posted:

agreed even though it really sticks in my craw. that was both calculated (this crisis line will get flooded with abuse, proving that the other side are all terrible harassers) but also cowardly (let's pick a random different university so I don't get blowback from my own employers).

since she works in education, lets go back to the old standby of punishment for juvenile behavior: she can write "I will not involve crisis hotlines in my idiotic twitter slapfights." on a blackboard 500 times

Imagine a world where she was capable of doing anything 500 times besides mashing the order button on the dominos app

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

they'll probably do one of those institutional review board things and make her do some sort of social media sensitivity training and she'll write a series of articles about how she was discriminated against and it will get her promoted to full professor

Yeah, learning and keeping up with the times is a bad thing for teachers

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Who What Now posted:

ISIS could garner a lot of good will by bombing the Twitter servers.

Do they have a suggestion box

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Yeah, learning and keeping up with the times is a bad thing for teachers

She not gonna gently caress you either, bro

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gobbagool posted: