Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

This is an issue I felt needed more awareness and discussion. I'm sure it's something we've all experienced at some point in our lives. It might be something you have experienced personally, or watched a friend/loved one go through.

That something is AFC West Brain.

This condition has no cure that we know of, with no relief in sight. It makes people do awful things such as threatening Ed Hochuli, hating noted cool guy Alex Smith, or even thinking Derek Carr is a good quarterback.

If you suffer from this condition yourself, you would do your peers a huge favor by sharing stories of living with such an ailment. This also goes for people who have experienced AFC West Brain through the suffering of someone they love. I'm sure a lot of us can remember the heartbreak we felt upon seeing a friend with AFC West paraphernalia for the first time.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected. Hopefully we can one day find a cure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

This post reserved for the MrLogan GoFundMe

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Top 14 QB List of All Time

1) Peyton; 2) Montana; 3) Marino; 4) Rodgers; 5) Elway; 6) Brees; 7) Graham; 8) Young; 9) Tartonton; 10) Rivers; 11) Moon; 12) Wilson; 13) Kelly; 14) Brady

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Uterine Lineup posted:

Top 14 QB List of All Time

1) Peyton; 2) Montana; 3) Marino; 4) Rodgers; 5) Elway; 6) Brees; 7) Graham; 8) Young; 9) Tartonton; 10) Rivers; 11) Moon; 12) Wilson; 13) Kelly; 14) Brady

Please get the help you need. We're here for you.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Carr is a top ten QB

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

BrownThunder posted:

This post reserved for the MrLogan GoFundMe

Thank you, friend.

Now, I would like to share five paragraphs about Frank Gore...

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
frank gore is the definition of career average RB and won't sniff the hall of fame let alone the hall of very good due to a lack of winning anything meaningful

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there ought not to be football teams going on around there

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
AFC West brain is a real condition that I am afflicted with but I'd like to assert our collective brain superiority over the fake 12s in Seattle that we kicked out.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Uterine Lineup posted:

AFC West brain is a real condition that I am afflicted with but I'd like to assert our collective brain superiority over the fake 12s in Seattle that we kicked out.

Same. Kicked them out of the good conference.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Raiders fans think Carr is better than Rivers despite his brittle injury prone body. They also thought Bruce Gradkowski was a good qb.

Chiefs fans think Mahomes is better than Rivers despite him never having played in a meaningful game and having an extreme case of Big 12 QB.

Broncos fans are scum

Haven't you all learned

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

This is good. This is good.

Let it all out, this is a fantastic starting point on the road to recovery.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thread good

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Whenever the Titans ever beat Carr and the Ravens have a winning record vs Carr, then the true education can begin

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Raiders fans think Carr is better than Rivers despite his brittle injury prone body. They also thought Bruce Gradkowski was a good qb.

Chiefs fans think Mahomes is better than Rivers despite him never having played in a meaningful game and having an extreme case of Big 12 QB.

Broncos fans are scum

Haven't you all learned

No one thinks Carr is better than Rivers. We are just waiting for Rivers to retire.

Agreed on Broncos.

Gradkowski owns.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The 2009 2-7 Raiders were a garbage organization who had one good player in Nnamdi and a bunch of bad players led by JaMarcus Russell. Some random backup QB comes in to beat pretty good Steelers and Bengals teams in last minute heroics and still it shocks SA2K that he's become folklore taught to young Raiders fans

The more I read this thread the more it becomes apparent that AFC North brain is the true underlying cause

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bruce was good compared to the garbage you had.

It doesn't make him a good quarterback

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
It’s either insanity or incest for afc west fans, it seems. Danger to themselves or others

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Bruce was good compared to the garbage you had.

It doesn't make him a good quarterback

Simply liking a QB because of some fun games is ok and doesn't mean that you insist they're an all time great. And nobody ever said Carr was better than Rivers did you drink too much Zima?

Also, the only other divisions that even come close to the pure hatred that the AFC West has for one another is the AFC North and the NFC East, everyone else please gently caress off with your lovely opinions of superior divisions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

billy volek

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
In the most prevalent and severe cases, like you might find in those posting on an internet message board, a crippling brain disorder develops that causes you to repeat the same boring catchphrases ad nauseam, usually seen in fans of teams who haven't won the SB in millennia.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hey guys asking for a friend

I was a little AFCWEST curious and experimented a bit. Turned on my tv during a Raiders game, went over San Diego’s schedule, picked the Chiefs in a few pick Ems...

But it’s not for me. Just too much anal play. What do i do? Is it possible to convert back?

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
It sounds like there is a little to much competitiveness in the division for you, not enough of a "sure thing". I would prescribe a dose of staticness. Find a division where the winning team is practically predetermined before the season even starts, and root for one of the other three.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Simply liking a QB because of some fun games is ok and doesn't mean that you insist they're an all time great. And nobody ever said Carr was better than Rivers did you drink too much Zima?

warcrimes

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Derek Carr is 1-9 vs the Chiefs and the lone win required like 7 untimed downs at the end, that's pretty cool

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Marcus Peters moved on, much like the window of opportunity for the Chiefs

Carr unshook

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Patriots

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
But Peters was suspended in the Raiders game last season when Carr went 24/41 with 200 yards and 2 INTs.

Berry and Peters were on the sidelines and Carr still needed 40 attempts to hit 200 yards...is this your king?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress Denver

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

But Peters was suspended in the Raiders game last season when Carr went 24/41 with 200 yards and 2 INTs.

Berry and Peters were on the sidelines and Carr still needed 40 attempts to hit 200 yards...is this your king?

Meanwhile I have legitimate reasons to be happy Peters is gone. Rivers had 10 picks last year and six were vs KC. Pretty sure Peters was directly responsible for like 4 of them

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Meanwhile I have legitimate reasons to be happy Peters is gone. Rivers had 10 picks last year and six were vs KC. Pretty sure Peters was directly responsible for like 4 of them

To be fair Rivers just loving sucked against KC last year and I don't understand why. Ball out against other teams, then throw lame ducks straight at KC defenders over and over. He's lucky to only have thrown 6 picks in those games.

Not that I'm complaining, he's free to keep that up as long as he wants to.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Derek Carr is 1-9 vs the Chiefs and the lone win required like 7 untimed downs at the end, that's pretty cool

Looks at this rear end in a top hat forgetting about one of the greatest moments in NFL history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9jN4fu3Q-k

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

It sounds like there is a little to much competitiveness in the division for you, not enough of a "sure thing". I would prescribe a dose of staticness. Find a division where the winning team is practically predetermined before the season even starts, and root for one of the other three.

It’s because, while I’m approach the ripe age of 35 I’m acting like a 9 year old and enjoy seeing cripple fights.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 20, 2018

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

If he legitimately thinks that, he's a moron then.

Rivers owns and i can't wait for him to retire. It'll be a joyous occasion like when LdT went to New York.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
i don't give a poo poo about this garbage fucker division or any of these loser rear end teams

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/5596520

That's all I know about the afc west

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
All four teams in this division are frauds but especially KC. Tits Up

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dubious posted:

frank gore is the definition of career average RB and won't sniff the hall of fame let alone the hall of very good due to a lack of winning anything meaningful

You know there's not really a Hall of Very Good, right?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

gently caress Denver

Yessir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Quiet Feet posted:

You know there's not really a Hall of Very Good, right?

im aware of this in a very serious discussion thread

• Locked thread