Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

You mean like this?

This was what the image was originally tagged as in your post, and to be fair, it will take you to that image if you click on it.
https://imgur.com/a/o0cAZ7A

But THIS is the actual image address:
https://i.imgur.com/k1WcvmP.jpg

You can see they're different addresses, but I can't tell you why that happened.

Where’d you get that bottom link? The top one is what I got when I hit the Copy Link button in the Imgur app and I’m not sure where else it would come from.

What the gently caress happened to Imgur? It used to be so easy to use, and now the app is all I can use because the website apparently won’t do poo poo anymore unless you sign up. And then the app goes and does this poo poo, with not one but TWO different images in a row. :negative:

Goddammit I came here to have fun and post good junk foods, and now instead I’m angry and frustrated and I don’t know why. Whoever is running Imgur needs to be dragged from their homes and shot in the street.

Elizabethan Error posted:

it's not working because you left the file extension off

What file extension? There wasn’t one in the link I copied from Imgur.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Apr 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

well yah, that's because you copied the link to the (1 picture) album instead of the photo

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Where’d you get that bottom link? The top one is what I got when I hit the Copy Link button in the Imgur app and I’m not sure where else it would come from.

First I went to the album link you posted, then right-clicked on the image and selected "Copy image address" to get the direct image link. I don't use the app tho, so I have no idea how it would work that way. :shrug:

But it should still give you the option to get the share links when you upload a new image. At least, it does for me. If you mouse over the top right corner of your uploaded image, you should get this:

And when you click the Get Share Links option that's where you find the image address. And then you get wonderful, nut-free brownies!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Literally never had a candy bar that was better than this and I don't even know if they exist anymore. No one in my family was obese by pure luck probably but we used to have the retail style boxes of these in our house all the time

Where I work, these little bastards went on clearance, for $.69 (nice) a piece. We still get them in regularly, too.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

trickybiscuits posted:

Does anyone else absolutely love stroopwafels? They're basically flat waffles, cut in half horizontally and then spiced sugar syrup is sandwiched between the two halves. A good stroopwafel is essentially butter, eggs, syrup, and just enough flour to hold it all together. Holy crap they are delicious.

A million times, yes. I like setting them on top of my coffee\tea for a little bit before eating them, so that the center can get all gooey.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
These are so good but no one in my family will touch them. Fine dickheads, I'll eat them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Show me a person that eats Andy Capp’s Hot Fries, and I’ll show you a person that fucks.

Read that as OG Trans Fats and was very impressed for a second.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Croatoan posted:

These are so good but no one in my family will touch them. Fine dickheads, I'll eat them.

these things rule so hard
:bisonyes:

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Close! But:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Are you thinking of Bombay Mix?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Also, I just discovered that Hickory Sticks are a Canada only thing. They're actually really good too, as long as you eat them exactly one at a time. Once you start eating them in bunches, they become unpleasant. It's weird. They're smoke flavoured potato sticks.

I physically can't eat these one at a time. They're way too small and they look like fries so my Pavlovian response is to shovel a fistful down my gullet.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I'm the only person I know who like the citrus flavors of anything: Starburst, Skittles, jelly beans, you name it. If it's lemon, lime, or orange, I'm all over it. Pissed me off a right much when Skittles changed the green from lime to apple and then had the nerve to label the bags as "original" Skittles.

I'm also the freak that likes the lemon, lime, and orange Tootsie Rolls.

I don’t even like candies in general anymore but every once in a while I’ll accept one and those are all the flavors I’ll go for so you’re not alone!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

this stuff is awful for you but i love em

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004
Chick-O-Sticks. They're like Butterfinger without any chocolate. I lose self control around these things.

Maoam Kracher. Apparently they're extremely common throughout Europe but you can't find them in the US. Unlike the Chick-O-Sticks, these I hoard.

ThatSlacker
May 25, 2004

Tiberius Thyben posted:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Something that looks like this?

If so, you can get that all sorts of places (Target being one) under the name Tex Mex mix. It's remarkably similar to things I've found in Asian import stores but with a different name.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I really wish Lays sold this flavor in America, because they're always a highlight whenever I'm cursed to have to visit Limeyland.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I really wish Lays sold this flavor in America, because they're always a highlight whenever I'm cursed to have to visit Limeyland.

They're selling Canada's All Dressed in the US, surely they could sell that.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Thirding those and adding Prawn Cocktail Crisps. Especially McCoy's.
They taste like sugar and Old Bay and are heaven.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The Roast chicken flavor is pretty decent, considering there's no actual chicken of any kind in it.

You can get all of these from various online British food stores. They're usually at least twice the British price, since they're imported and resold.

Or, if you're lucky, like this guy, you have an actual British store nearby with all kinds of goodies from meat pies to Flakes and real box Maltesers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Put it in my drat mouth:

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

MrUnderbridge posted:

The Roast chicken flavor is pretty decent, considering there's no actual chicken of any kind in it.

You can get all of these from various online British food stores. They're usually at least twice the British price, since they're imported and resold.

Or, if you're lucky, like this guy, you have an actual British store nearby with all kinds of goodies from meat pies to Flakes and real box Maltesers.

There's one in Atlanta that's so overpriced and full of Doctor Who gewgaws but I love them because they have black pudding and pickled onion Monster Munch.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Artsygrrl posted:

A colleague once brought in some sweets from Russia, and one of the candies was a lot like a softer Twix bar with less sugar in it. It was not a Twix, yet I cannot remember the name. If anyone has any ideas with regards to imported candy brands, I am all ears. Bar itself was about 3/4 - 1" in length.

There are many good Russian candies. I am too lazy to type in Russian but popular ones are Bear, Squirrel (I don’t like these), Chamomile (super tasty), red rooster, the mysterious “mask” (super tasty), and of course the very important “cow” (all Eastern European countries have a variety and they are all good). Anyways here you go

FYI these used to be made by RED OCTOBER company but due to capitalism and all its all now made by Elena (in English spelling)

https://shop.alenka.ru/catalog/

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

What the gently caress happened to Imgur? It used to be so easy to use, and now the app is all I can use because the website apparently won’t do poo poo anymore unless you sign up. And then the app goes and does this poo poo, with not one but TWO different images in a row. :negative:

Goddammit I came here to have fun and post good junk foods, and now instead I’m angry and frustrated and I don’t know why. Whoever is running Imgur needs to be dragged from their homes and shot in the street.

If you’re on your phone you have to go to

https://imgur.com/upload

Not use the app, then sorta-click it so it pops up the Imgur.com/jejfhsoajhdhd whatever address; then, you have to add the tags and the .jpg [ timg ]imgur.com/jajjsgdheisjsh.jpg[/timg ]

I was very angry and very confused when they changed. At least this page is still up. Also gently caress their app.

I’m gonna snack on some MUNCH bars. Used to be Snickers Munch but I guess they sold the name? Anyways it’s peanuts in caramel and it’s a good kind of crunchy and I will eat 5lb of it in one sitting, that’s why I stop myself from ordering any on Amazon...

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 15:26 on May 1, 2018

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Thin Privilege posted:

There are many good Russian candies. I am too lazy to type in Russian but popular ones are Bear, Squirrel (I don’t like these), Chamomile (super tasty), red rooster, the mysterious “mask” (super tasty), and of course the very important “cow” (all Eastern European countries have a variety and they are all good). Anyways here you go

FYI these used to be made by RED OCTOBER company but due to capitalism and all its all now made by Elena (in English spelling)

I wish this was moose and squirrel. It's a real missed opportunity

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Awesome, thanks! These look pretty good, too. There is at least one Russian grocery in my neighborhood, so tracking these babies down should be fun (especially because one grocer is next door to a very tasty bakery).

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Salt and vinegar discos. The kind of crisp you keep on eating with a bleeding mouth because oh my god so tasty

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...D5B7K9Inhv4hYM:

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Show me a person that eats Andy Capp’s Hot Fries, and I’ll show you a person that fucks.

Tom’s or nothing.

Preferably in the hang-bag out of a bowling alley vending machine.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
The best pink slightly bitter, slightly sweet terrible upper mid-west treat:

The Twin Bing:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I love crab and shrimp chips of any brand. Just throw them into my mouth.

Also melon bread. The only place I've found it was in H-mart in Atlanta, or the Buford Farmer's Market. Not many places seem to carry it, but it makes up for the atrocities visited upon cheesecake by Japan. Fun fact, I learned about melon bread through the game Gunstar Heroes, where it's a silly boss. I found out it was a real thing and got super excited.

E:spelling

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Tom's are some of the worst chips I've ever had. Their knock off Andy Camp's were bland, uncrispy, boring attempt at a great snack.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
That’s what happens when you skip the bowling alley vending machine. :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweet (I never buy these because I'd just eat all six in one go if I did):

Savoury:

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Costco Polish Dogs.

Why did those monsters have to take them away from me!!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Silvergun1000 posted:

Costco Polish Dogs.

Why did those monsters have to take them away from me!!

We still have them here.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

trickybiscuits posted:

Does anyone else absolutely love stroopwafels? They're basically flat waffles, cut in half horizontally and then spiced sugar syrup is sandwiched between the two halves. A good stroopwafel is essentially butter, eggs, syrup, and just enough flour to hold it all together. Holy crap they are delicious.

mysterious frankie posted:

A million times, yes. I like setting them on top of my coffee\tea for a little bit before eating them, so that the center can get all gooey.

Came to post this. There’s also miniature ones so you can have three or four tiny ones at a time. I think there’s a maple syrup version too.

Pork rind chat was on page one and I realize it’s been over a year since I’ve had a pork rind and it’s long past due. I insist ones with attached skin are absolutely the best, I think the flavor/texture is better. Any time I’ve traveled and had to stop for gas I always look for whatever local pork rind brand they’re selling. Also at least one Shoney’s in GA has giant cracklins on their breakfast buffet. I forget the brand, but I remember there used to be microwaveable bags of pork rinds as well, pretty tasty.

I used to live near an excellent market that sold all the animal’s parts and would buy pig ears to boil and bake and essentially make my own jerky, it was a ton of work but I loved doing it. Once I realized how gross most jerky and meat sticks are in terms of fat and salt I figured making my own meat snacks could mitigate at least some of the junkiness.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

These are my favorite snack probably. My favorite swiss hotel would always leave a free one for you at check-in. They are like a 20 times better kitkat.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Huge fan of reeses cups but always wanted more PB flavor, so tried tons of organic/NGMO/wholefoodsy brands but settled on this one which they sell everywhere now:

The dark and white chocolate ones are ok but the standard milk chocolate is next level good.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Update: I went to one of the few stores that carries them and got 2 bags. So excited.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Aug 1, 2018

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

SPONCH
These are even better after you put them in the fridge for a while.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

jimmychoo posted:

SPONCH
These are even better after you put them in the fridge for a while.

¡SPONCH!

That is great name, I would buy them just for that.

I love tunnock's tea cakes - they are simple enough - digestive biscuit base, soft mallow top covered in milk or dark chocolate, but the mallow part is not rubbery and nasty like most other brands of teacake, it's soft and delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sloth Life posted:

Salt and vinegar discos. The kind of crisp you keep on eating with a bleeding mouth because oh my god so tasty

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...D5B7K9Inhv4hYM:

Goddamn yeah I completely forgot these existed. That poo poo was always the highlight of my lunchbox.

• Locked thread