Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Lowrey's Bacon Curls

They're microwavable pork rinds. They come in a bag like microwave popcorn, and they're just tiny rock hard bits of pork but when microwaved they fluff up into warm crispy spicy deliciousness.

Don't follow the directions on the bag because it's very easy to over or under cook them. Put them evenly spaced on a paper towel lined plate and watch them carefully. If they don't all puff take the finished ones out and nuke the bits for a bit longer.

They crackle when they're done and you will never want the regular chip section bags ever again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

These are one of my favourite lollies.

Pan Pasand. They are an Indian kind of hard candy, that are supposed to taste like Betel leaves, but instead taste like a chemical spill. A childhood friend once tasted them and declared them to be "Dettol lollies". They also stain your teeth and lips.

I love them.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Planet Piss posted:

Lowrey's Bacon Curls

They're microwavable pork rinds. They come in a bag like microwave popcorn, and they're just tiny rock hard bits of pork but when microwaved they fluff up into warm crispy spicy deliciousness.

Don't follow the directions on the bag because it's very easy to over or under cook them. Put them evenly spaced on a paper towel lined plate and watch them carefully. If they don't all puff take the finished ones out and nuke the bits for a bit longer.

They crackle when they're done and you will never want the regular chip section bags ever again.

No joke these are super great

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Toss these in the freezer and goddamn, one of my fav snacks when I want something sweet.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

Toss these in the freezer and goddamn, one of my fav snacks when I want something sweet.

OMG yes.
Try them in cookie form too!

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Thin Privilege posted:

Update: I went to one of the few stores that carries them and got 2 bags. So excited.

Holy poo poo Munchos! I used to eat those all the time as a kid, I don't think they sell them where I live now.

Bagel bites are my guiltiest of pleasures but god they're so loving good.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

big dyke energy posted:

Holy poo poo Munchos! I used to eat those all the time as a kid, I don't think they sell them where I live now.

You can buy online or find a nearby store!!!!

https://www.fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/munchos/munchos-original-potato-crisps

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Planet Piss posted:

Lowrey's Bacon Curls

I buy these by the case on Amazon.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Nah, that's not it.

Also, I just discovered that Hickory Sticks are a Canada only thing. They're actually really good too, as long as you eat them exactly one at a time. Once you start eating them in bunches, they become unpleasant. It's weird. They're smoke flavoured potato sticks.

Smoke flavor is so weird to me. I can't eat it at all. It just tastes like I'm eating charred wood. Food that's actually smoke-cured tastes so different; even food that's cooked over a fire and has ash in it tastes better.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

creepin n rollin

Need some Aussie goons to tell me more about musk sticks ... intrigued by the color and shape and how something that pink and cute can be made to taste like musk??

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

They only taste like musk in the way orange soda tastes like oranges

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Still...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

PubicMice posted:

I'm one of the six people on Earth who actually likes Circus Peanuts, hello.

I love 'em, too, but can't find any good ones anymore that haven't been in the store for who knows how long.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fickle poofterist posted:

They only taste like musk in the way orange soda tastes like oranges

There are orange sodas that taste like oranges though.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Mister Kingdom posted:

I love 'em, too, but can't find any good ones anymore that haven't been in the store for who knows how long.

My wife loves Circus Peanuts. I always pretend that I can't find them when she asks for them. No one should ever eat them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

Smoke flavor is so weird to me. I can't eat it at all. It just tastes like I'm eating charred wood. Food that's actually smoke-cured tastes so different; even food that's cooked over a fire and has ash in it tastes better.

Smoke flavor is at once the most and least authentic artificial flavor, because the process for getting it is just pyrolysis: they burn a bunch of wood and capture the smoke in water or whatever

However, volatility of pyrolysis results is really unequal, so it tastes like old smoke

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I like circus peanuts and the candy orange slices. And, uh, Moon Pies. Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate.

I don't know how someone got a couple of bags of these - there are only two stores who sell them within 300 miles of where I live. But they showed up at work one day and they are amazing.

Can only find these occasionally at the Dollar Tree. They're similar to nacho rings.

My weakness

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I like circus peanuts and the candy orange slices. And, uh, Moon Pies. Vanilla, strawberry or chocolate.

I don't know how someone got a couple of bags of these - there are only two stores who sell them within 300 miles of where I live. But they showed up at work one day and they are amazing.

A friend of my wife's gave her a 2 lb. bag of these last week. They are delicous.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Close! But:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Not quite my fries:

and a California burrito!

Though I would 100% get down crazy on some loaded fries or pountine

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Jerry Cotton posted:

There are orange sodas that taste like oranges though.

I want someone to find the one cherry-flavored cold medicine that actually tastes like cherries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Close! But:

As long as I'm here, though. I was in North Dakota once, and a guy I knew took me to an Asian import store, and they had this stuff there that had peanuts and little hickory stick style chip things in it, and it was enjoyably spicy. I have never been able to find them since. Anyone have any idea what I am talking about? It had a majority black bag.

Bombay Mix?

• Locked thread