Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'd quite like to go to burning man one day. I also hope someone nukes burning man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

MikeJF posted:

There's a lot of great cringeworthy Huffman quotes. During an interview about him being a prepper.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

I, the computer toucher and ballroom dancer, will demonstrate my ability to lead a group of people in a post-technology society by performing a very impressive interpretive dance number.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Men going their own way (MGTOW) is one that especially pisses me the gently caress off because on the face of it, it sounds like a really cool thing. When I first found it I was expecting it to be a cool place for dudes to be pushing back at toxic masculinity and typical societal male expectations, but no, it's just another incel cesspool of bile.

Jokes on me for expecting better of Reddit I guess.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

reddit is booty

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
For people "going their own way" they sure bitch about :females: a lot. Makes u think.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I don’t care about women!

*spends every waking moment lamenting about women*

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Most people have not been victims of racism in the US

In which a redditor can't quite believe that there are kinds of prejudice less overt than beating up a black person while screaming 'I AM BEATING YOU UP BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK'

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Walton Simons posted:

In which a redditor can't quite believe that there are kinds of prejudice less overt than beating up a black person while screaming 'I AM BEATING YOU UP BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK'

checks out

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://news.sky.com/story/alexis-ohanian-reddit-co-founder-resigns-and-calls-for-his-job-to-be-given-to-black-candidate-12001346

quote:

Ohanian, who is married to tennis legend Serena Williams, said he wanted to be able to tell the couple's two-year-old daughter in the future what he did to show support to the black community in the US.

"Hey honey, I founded reddit, a website that allowed fascists and racists to fester for over 15 years by the time I decided to quit so I could say what I nice guy I was to those black folks!"

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pvt.Scott posted:

God is playing the card version of Calvinball, mixing mechanics from multiple CCGs while us mortals are playing Uno. I don’t get it either.

I'm 100% convinced this is uno-branded sponcon.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Lol a friend of mine is in the MGTOW thing and whenever someone mentions women he does this WELL YOU KNOW THE THING ABOUT WOMEN RIGHT and we all have a good laugh

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

StabMasterArson posted:

Lol a friend of mine is in the MGTOW thing and whenever someone mentions women he does this WELL YOU KNOW THE THING ABOUT WOMEN RIGHT and we all have a good laugh

Get better friend

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Walton Simons posted:

I mean, he's technically right. If you're the perpetrator then you arent the victim.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
racism isnt real, i proclaim while locking my car doors as a black guy walks past

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Today on Reddit: people tying themselves in knots in order to pretend that white privilege doesn't exist.

quote:

White privilege is a misconception, it's a privilege that every ethnicity enjoys when they are the majority. I'd argue that singling white people out is bigoted. White privilege is nothing more or less than ethnic majority privilege. It's the same privilege Chinese people enjoy in China, Japanese in Japan or Arabs in the Arab world.

So called white privilege is actually one of the very few ethnic privileges we are allowed to challenge.

quote:

So, because he said he doesn't have privilege, it's racism?

You know what I hear when a white person say "I have white Privilege"? that they're somehow better because they're white, it's no different from a white Supremacist saying they are outright BETTER than others

Same poo poo to me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Walton Simons posted:

Today on Reddit: people tying themselves in knots in order to pretend that white privilege doesn't exist.

:ohno:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Walton Simons posted:

I've worked in the Middle East in the past and now I work in Latin America pretty regularly. Literally every professional experience I've had in both places has involved being taken immediately seriously by people with more experience and education than me because I'm a white guy.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://old.reddit.com/r/Conservative/comments/gxxyp0/covid1984_got_downvoted_into_oblivion_in/

bookmark this for a week or two from now

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Imagine how much damage this video is going to do when it's posted and upvoted this high in this political climate.

https://old.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/gxwlhv/i_dont_answer_questions_the_4_words_that_could/

Jesus CHRIST.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Redditor posted:

Reddit is divided into two sections: the suppressed and the unchecked. It’s all the same unchecked voices on r/atheism, r/politics, r/politicalhumor, and r/worldpolitics. Then there’s us conservatives. We aren’t allowed to speak and think differently.

Slotducks posted:

Imagine how much damage this video is going to do when it's posted and upvoted this high in this political climate.

https://old.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/gxwlhv/i_dont_answer_questions_the_4_words_that_could/

Jesus CHRIST.
At least most people in there recognise that this guy is likely to be a SovCit nutjob (to have so many interactions with the cops), but an underrated comment in there:

quote:

white people giving advice on how to deal with police is like really attractive people giving dating advice.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

I'm not sure what weirds me out more - the "look how not racist we are" thread in PCGAMING of all places, or the dead husks of posts left behind a rampaging moderator.
I'm sure the rioters would be pleased to know that redditors who discuss pc gaming are most certainly not racist and that the mods there are making sure of that

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

well the other sub is called PC Master Race so that definitely informs their thought processes.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Walton Simons posted:

"quote:
So, because he said he doesn't have privilege, it's racism?

You know what I hear when a white person say "I have white Privilege"? that they're somehow better because they're white, it's no different from a white Supremacist saying they are outright BETTER than others

Same poo poo to me."

"By acknowledging that racism exists means they're the real racists!"

Holy gently caress Redditors are loving brain dead

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Jamie Faith posted:

GBS > Reddit: Holy gently caress redditors are brain dead

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

*Darkest Dungeon stress symbol*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jamie Faith posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/gyu5fm/america_is_becoming_a_place_not_run_by_laws_but/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kevin DuBrow posted:

*Darkest Dungeon stress symbol*

Ugh. They sent a poet

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
SnoodleDoodleDo is in every r/aww post and they always have a "poem". They have more than 2.5 million karma and the only thing they post is "poetry". That right there is why I know reddit is hell.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

top post on unpopularopinion today: "Until sentenced, the name, face and information of the accused should not be released publicly."

hmm, interesting idea, let's see what the reason is

quote:

This way anyone falsely accused does not get their name dragged through the sand until they have been convicted. We have made it too easy to destroy people's lives on false accusations. I believe protecting the innocent is just as important as prosecuting the guilty. The only downside would be if someone had evidence on the accused, but this could also be found as a part of the investigation process.

So maybe a better definition if the initial hearing is not dismissed and the judge wants to pursue the case further. I just don't think its fair to lose your job over something that's dismissed in 5 minutes in court, because that's all someone with a false accusation wants.

Edit: Thanks for the gold.

Edit: It seems the general consensus is that we all hate to see innocent people's lives ruined. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity a little.

Edit: I keep seeing Sweden pop up in my notifications tab. So shout out to Sweden for protecting the innocent.

Edit: If this opinion was "popular" innocent people wouldn't have their lives ruined by this. I think we all know there is a problem and I am glad this post can foster discussion on the matter.

Edit: Guys I said innocent people, not celebrities. /s Honestly, this doesn't really apply the same to someone who made a fortune based on their fame, since they are probably not employed anyways.

ah, it's those lying bitches

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

top post on unpopularopinion today: "Until sentenced, the name, face and information of the accused should not be released publicly."

hmm, interesting idea, let's see what the reason is

ah, it's those lying bitches

Language is such an interesting concept as the idea of trial by media and social mob justice are actual things that can be discussed but then this phrase

quote:

too easy to destroy people's lives on false accusations. I believe protecting the innocent is just as important as prosecuting the guilty. The only downside would be if someone had evidence on the accused

makes it as clear as a neon billboard that its "well women sometimes lie about being raped" and nothing else.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
What’s that dude complaining about? Cops never investigate sexual assault anyway so why does he give a poo poo?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Julius CSAR posted:

What’s that dude complaining about? Cops never investigate sexual assault anyway so why does he give a poo poo?

It's the "But Her E-mails" of rape

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Julius CSAR posted:

he thinks that all it takes is a woman saying "he raped me" for society to shun a man and for him to be locked up. in other words, he's been living under a rock for the past decade. false rape accusations that result in imprisonment do happen but they're vanishingly rare and you're probably about as likely to be falsely accused of robbery or murder

oh and also, i don't have the data on this, but when the accusations are made up i have a strong gut feeling about what race the accuser is and what race
the alleged perpetrator is. but there's no way that crossed this redditor's mind

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 9, 2020

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Lol I know guys I was just being a shithead

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

goethe.cx posted:

he thinks that all it takes is a woman saying "he raped me" for society to shun a man and for him to be locked up. in other words, he's been living under a rock for the past decade. false rape accusations that result in imprisonment do happen but they're vanishingly rare and you're probably about as likely to be falsely accused of robbery or murder

oh and also, i don't have the data on this, but when the accusations are made up i have a strong gut feeling about what race the accuser is and what race
the alleged perpetrator is. but there's no way that crossed this redditor's mind

chuds love to tell each other stories of false rape accusations being way more common than they are
that way every time ANOTHER one of their chud role models gets accused of rape or sexual harassment they can just brush it off and say "well it's probably fake"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

chuds love to tell each other stories of false rape accusations being way more common than they are
that way every time ANOTHER one of their chud role models gets accused of rape or sexual harassment they can just brush it off and say "well it's probably fake"

the accusations are only real when they're against democrats

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I kinda hate most streamers but man god drat do I hate bootlickers more

What the gently caress is it about nerds that makes them so subservient

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

I kinda hate most streamers but man god drat do I hate bootlickers more

What the gently caress is it about nerds that makes them so subservient

I'm not sure how the link relates to bootlicking?
A lot of people are just attracted to people who present as powerful because they think it will get them ahead. Then they end up echoing their rhetoric because they've invested time identifying. Its a combination of crowds attracting crowds, people believing messages they hear the most, and sunk cost fallacy all rolled into one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Yep if 100 people in the same town accused the same woman of rape everyone would laugh it off