Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
bury me in an n64 cartridge of South Park chefs luv shack, truly touching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Put me in a hollow MYST book and set me on a burned-out bookshelf, I'm done

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Keep my bones in the vinyl Fallout 76 pre-order bag, not that canvas replacement poo poo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Uriah Heep posted:

That's sweet and thoughtful. Who cares if it's video game poo poo :rolleyes:

I think it would be sweeter if we knew if the deceased was fond of Zelda or asked to be interred in that way

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The real weirdo here is the mom, who the gently caress gives away bits of their dead son? They're dead, burn 'em down and put 'em in the ground.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Colonel Cancer posted:

The real weirdo here is the mom, who the gently caress gives away bits of their dead son? They're dead, burn 'em down and put 'em in the ground.
Her large adult son was too big for one urn she has to do something with the leftovers.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think it would be sweeter if we knew if the deceased was fond of Zelda or asked to be interred in that way
It helps if you read all 3 sentences

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Keep me on your shelf with my ashes in my Dead Island bloody bikini torso statue.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

It helps if you read all 3 sentences

Who has that kind of time?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/bad2sentence/status/1485062556347551745?s=21

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

lmao

this is the best one yet imo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

She left

With a CREATURE

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Optional third sentence: she was probably at the shops

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That's just the plot to little red riding hood, right?

I'm not crazy? That's literally what they posted?

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

lmao ok dude I’m spooked about ur grandma not being home

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gbs but from 2004 posted:

lmao ok dude I’m spooked about ur grandma not being home

Nah she was inside out :ohdear:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh yeah I've heard there's a gas that's turning people inside out

But that's nothing at all compared to THE CREATURE

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I woke up from that horrible nightmare, but wait why is it so dark??? Oh no I was turned inside out!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

I woke up from that horrible nightmare, but wait why is it so dark??? Oh no I was turned inside out!

ooh, an introspective piece

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
You guys see the Fox interview that r/antiwork mod did?

The whole subreddit is pissed because this clown of a mod got invited on Fox for an interview. Despite almost everyone warning them not to, they did anyway. They then proceeded to look like a complete dumbass who was unprepared.

For reference: the subreddit is supposed to be about bringing attention to lovely work conditions, lovely pay, lovely managers, predatory business practices, etc. It's basically a "we're leftists who think working 40+ hours a week for poverty wages your whole life is bullshit" subreddit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Grimdude posted:

You guys see the Fox interview that r/antiwork mod did?

The whole subreddit is pissed because this clown of a mod got invited on Fox for an interview. Despite almost everyone warning them not to, they did anyway. They then proceeded to look like a complete dumbass who was unprepared.

For reference: the subreddit is supposed to be about bringing attention to lovely work conditions, lovely pay, lovely managers, predatory business practices, etc. It's basically a "we're leftists who think working 40+ hours a week for poverty wages your whole life is bullshit" subreddit.

I saw, but could not bring myself to actually watch it. My tolerance for cringe is not that high

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

And I think the mod is banning anyone making fun of them

:lmao:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

They just made the sub private too within like the last hour. I got an email that someone replied to my comment and I can't even look at it now.

My guess is they will blame transphobia for why they just had to make it private.

That sub was already full of contrarian shitheads who just hate-read it. It's probably dead af after this tbh.

Grimdude fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 26, 2022

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Frankly I'm shocked that fox found someone unqualified to talk about such a topic

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Grimdude posted:

I read a bit about it today and apparently the sub started off ages ago as being genuinly anti-work, as in they were opposed to working full stop and are anarchists or whatever. This mod has been there since near the beginning or the very beginning.

It's become much more of a workers rights movement since it blew up in popularity recently, so they really couldn't have chosen a worse "spokesperson".

For those who haven't watched the interview, the mod didn't even make their bed or make themselves look presentable, for a nationwide TV appearance. So it's some unkempt looking person in a messy bedroom. They're also apparently autistic, which is why they spent the whole interview looking super uncomfortable and not being able to look at the camera. When asked by the Fox guy what they did for a living, they said they worked 25 hours a week as a dog walker (later the mod admitted in the sub that it's more like 10 hours but they bumped it up), said "laziness is a virtue" and when pressed on ambitions, said they would like to be a professor of philosophy.

It's like the most reddit poo poo ever.

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 26, 2022

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It's kind of impressive how bad it was. Like every single square of a reddit Bingo card. An actual slam dunk for Fox and capitalists.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I read a bit about it today and apparently the sub started off ages ago as being genuinly anti-work, as in they were opposed to working full stop and are anarchists or whatever. This mod has been there since near the beginning or the very beginning.

It's become much more of a workers rights movement since it blew up in popularity recently, so they really couldn't have chosen a worse "spokesperson".

For those who haven't watched the interview, the mod didn't even make their bed or make themselves look presentable, for a nationwide TV appearance. So it's some unkempt looking person in a messy bedroom. They're also apparently autistic, which is why they spent the whole interview looking super uncomfortable and not being able to look at the camera. When asked by the Fox guy what they did for a living, they said they worked 25 hours a week as a dog walker (later the mod admitted in the sub that it's more like 10 hours but they bumped it up), said "laziness is a virtue" and when pressed on ambitions, said they would like to be a professor of philosophy.

It's like the most reddit poo poo ever.

I mean they're modding r/antiwork like 24/7 for no pay and preaching the virtues of not working. There are probably like 2-4 dog eggs in my garden more erudite than that workshy shithead.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Theophany posted:

I mean they're modding r/antiwork like 24/7 for no pay and preaching the virtues of not working. There are probably like 2-4 dog eggs in my garden more erudite than that workshy shithead.

It's a shame because the world could really do with a proper credible movement, fighting for workers rights. But r/antiwork is just the exact stereotype that right wing capitalists would paint such a movement as. Like that Fox news guy didn't even have to try, he just asked some easy questions and let that moron ruin it all on his own lol.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Fox producers wanting that exact mod to be on national TV and no one thinking that's a collosal :ducksiren: is just glorious.

The moment the mod answered "What is your job?" question with "I'm a dog walker, I work 20 hours a week" I knew it was over.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

looks like there is already at least one splinter for r/WorkReform gaining followers

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grimdude posted:

It's kind of impressive how bad it was. Like every single square of a reddit Bingo card. An actual slam dunk for Fox and capitalists.

It really couldn't have gone worse.

"I think laziness is a virtue"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's a shame because the world could really do with a proper credible movement, fighting for workers rights. But r/antiwork is just the exact stereotype that right wing capitalists would paint such a movement as. Like that Fox news guy didn't even have to try, he just asked some easy questions and let that moron ruin it all on his own lol.

Maybe the worker movement shouldn't congregate under the banner of the "I'm Lazy and Dumb And My Butt Smells And I like To Kiss My Own Butt Movement" and pick a better name.

That being said, laziness is a virtue

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Galewolf posted:

Fox producers wanting that exact mod to be on national TV and no one thinking that's a collosal :ducksiren: is just glorious.

To be fair to the users of the sub, they were extremely opposed to anyone going on fox for an interview, let alone that loser mod. The mod decided that they knew best, and here we are.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol im a dog walker because ive been on disability my whole life and i needed some extra money and it does that but not much else but also i get to hang out with new dogs all the time

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Oh no without the antiwork subreddit where will I go for fake texts where the mean boss threatens to fire someone if they don't come in for a 65 hour shift at the capitalism emporium?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

steinrokkan posted:

Maybe the worker movement shouldn't congregate under the banner of the "I'm Lazy and Dumb And My Butt Smells And I like To Kiss My Own Butt Movement" and pick a better name.

That being said, laziness is a virtue

well yeah that's what I was saying,

they are, like most subreddits, a bunch of absolute idiots

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

beepo posted:

To be fair to the users of the sub, they were extremely opposed to anyone going on fox for an interview, let alone that loser mod. The mod decided that they knew best, and here we are.

Yeah, apparently the user voting was like don't loving do this. But the mod(s) doubled down on going for it AND sending the mod Fox NAMED for the interview.

Apparently the mod convinced other mods by claiming they had extensive interview experience as well

drat, this is the kind of drama I needed from 2022 and it delivers (before we're all consumed by nuclear fire)

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sid Vicious posted:

lol im a dog walker because ive been on disability my whole life and i needed some extra money and it does that but not much else but also i get to hang out with new dogs all the time

no shame on dog walking as a job, sounds dope imo.

one of the best jobs I ever had was as a full time litter-picker and binman, along the beaches where I live in Scotland. the kind of job everyone looks down on. it was actually just awesome, driving around in a pick up truck enjoying the countryside and everyone I met was always happy because duh, they're at a beach.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no shame on dog walking as a job, sounds dope imo.

one of the best jobs I ever had was as a full time litter-picker and binman, along the beaches where I live in Scotland. the kind of job everyone looks down on. it was actually just awesome, driving around in a pick up truck enjoying the countryside and everyone I met was always happy because duh, they're at a beach.

yeah i love it, no complaints at all i personally dont believe in working yourself to an early grave and i have two young kids who i get to spend all day every day with, unlike my childhood where i didnt see my parents like at all because they both worked multiple jobs and still had nothing to show for it, my wife started a business at the start of the pandemic making bath bombs and soaps and stuff and its been getting progressively more popular locally so we both get to be home all the time and its amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Jobs suck but you gotta be tactical about how you present it due to impossible levels of peasant brain in the modern day