Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darkest Funions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Darkest Funions

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

bob only knows the radio edits of songs

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Darkest Funions

Oh baby

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Darkest Funions

who the gently caress do you misspell funyuns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

isaac still pwns, but that has more skill involved.
I'm not anti-randomness, I love Spelunky and Nuclear Throne, but in an RPG like this it seems like the difference between easy and hard is just where the developers put the numbers. A good hard RPG (SMT, Persona) uses that to make player choices meaningful. A bad one uses that to make the outcome random.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

who the gently caress do you misspell funyuns

I thought it was spelled Funions because they're fun onions.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

That spelling wasn't fun enough.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

loving stupid bitch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You people will burn in hell.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not anti-randomness, I love Spelunky and Nuclear Throne, but in an RPG like this it seems like the difference between easy and hard is just where the developers put the numbers. A good hard RPG (SMT, Persona) uses that to make player choices meaningful. A bad one uses that to make the outcome random.

Your choices are really important in Darkest Dungeon but preparation/party setup is proportionally more important than your actions during battles than in any of the games you mentioned. You can still get bad rolls and get hosed but there are a ton of ways to mitigate the RNG

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

preparation/party setup is proportionally more important than your actions during battles than in any of the games you mentioned.

:rolleyes:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I've played SMT and Persona a lot and I know it's more important in those games than most RPGs but darkest dungeon takes it to another extreme to the point where it's maybe the biggest fault of the game , since unless you wanna use a wiki for everything you're guaranteed to lose characters via trial and error throwing them against quests they basically have no chance of surviving. If people lose characters a lot this way they're probably not retreating from battle/quests enough but it's still almost guaranteed to happen occasionally

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

eshHOwf i won't do what you tell me!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

[quote="“In Training”" post="“483803302”"]
I thought it was spelled Funions because they’re fun onions.
[/quote]

Wow.

• Locked thread