Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Preview screenings or did I jump ahead a few days in time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Please use spoilers for now until such a time, say 1 week AMERICAN EASTERN STANDARD TIME, which is God’s time, has passed after the movie has been released in ‘Murcia. Because no other country is as important.

Thank you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

According to IMDB it's not out anywhere yet. Unless there was some early preview screenings going on.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
early preview screenings. I made a pinky swear with Fox and promised I wouldn't spoil anything but I loved it

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 11, 2018

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Gatts posted:

Please use spoilers for now until such a time, say 1 week AMERICAN EASTERN STANDARD TIME, which is God’s time, has passed after the movie has been released in ‘Murcia. Because no other country is as important.

Thank you.

Pretty sure Murcia is on CEST

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, I got to do a press screening for it today. Can't talk about it until Monday night, but Sir Kodiak and CharlestonJew are pretty much on point.

There's only one shot from the trailers that I'd say is put in there to fool the viewer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God I can’t wait.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Gavok posted:

There's only one shot from the trailers that I'd say is put in there to fool the viewer.

T.J. Miller is not in the film???

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

MiddleOne posted:

T.J. Miller is not in the film???

I wouldnt mind that at all, given that he's not on any of the promo posters.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I wouldnt mind that at all, given that he's not on any of the promo posters.

Um?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'm sure he meant promo posters from after Miller killed his own career.

But as for him in the sequel, he's in it just as much as he was in the first Deadpool. Which is, not really all that much, but he's there.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Was a bit disappointed the movie didn't make any jokes at the expense of T.J. Miller's implosion. Not the safest target, I guess.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
If they want to use him in Deadpool 3 or whatever they should just throw a wig and glasses on Jake Busey.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

LesterGroans posted:

If they want to use him in Deadpool 3 or whatever they should just throw a wig and glasses on Jake Busey.

I mean he hasn't made terroristic threats but there's still time

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Kodiak posted:

Was a bit disappointed the movie didn't make any jokes at the expense of T.J. Miller's implosion. Not the safest target, I guess.

They would've had to have gone back and done reshoots. I'd imagine they just want to let it go. And probably, Reynolds is most likely friends with him, and being lovely to your friend during their lowest point isn't cool.

Everyone who isn't friends with Miller should rag on him though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

They would've had to have gone back and done reshoots. I'd imagine they just want to let it go. And probably, Reynolds is most likely friends with him, and being lovely to your friend during their lowest point isn't cool.

gently caress you even his friends should

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No, no no..gently caress you sir.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

It's a lowest point of his own making. gently caress that guy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And it’s not even the lowest the Miller has gone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

It's a lowest point of his own making. gently caress that guy.

People think I'm always defending someone when I mention that their in real life friends might not be so quick to say "gently caress 'em"

I don't care about TJ Miller. I don't think he deserves to be in movies right now. But like, I can see why Ryan Reynolds may not want to make a supremely public joke about his, I'm assuming, friend's issues.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What happened to him/what did he do?

E: ah wow page two once you get by all the Deadpool buzz articles, gently caress me...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

JBP posted:

What happened to him/what did he do?

E: ah wow page two once you get by all the Deadpool buzz articles, gently caress me...

dudes a loving terrorist

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

People think I'm always defending someone when I mention that their in real life friends might not be so quick to say "gently caress 'em"

I don't care about TJ Miller. I don't think he deserves to be in movies right now. But like, I can see why Ryan Reynolds may not want to make a supremely public joke about his, I'm assuming, friend's issues.

As if mocking someone for being sex monster and calling in a bomb threat is somehow 'being lovely to your friend' instead of the good and right thing to do.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Friendships are weird as hell man.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Friendships are weird as hell man.

They are if you stay friends with a sex monster who called in a bomb threat because a woman wouldn't go on a date with him.

The trick is to not stay friends with them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah if my friend was so broke brained that he got drunk and called in a bomb threat cuz someone made him man despite being rich and famous and having an easy as hell life i'd kick his dumb rear end to the curb.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

They are if you stay friends with a sex monster who called in a bomb threat because a woman wouldn't go on a date with him.

The trick is to not stay friends with them.

I’m not Ryan Reynolds! I’m only just giving a possible reason why there wasn’t any jokes at his expense.

I have friends who are still friends with really bad people and continue to be friends with them despite completely not enjoying their company. It’s weird. It’s all weird!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I’m not Ryan Reynolds! I’m only just giving a possible reason why there wasn’t any jokes at his expense.
You specifically described it as a lovely thing to do. Because of a low point which is entirely a product of TJ Miller being a complete loving rear end in a top hat. That's what I'm reacting to. You made a judgement call.

CelticPredator posted:

I have friends who are still friends with really bad people and continue to be friends with them despite completely not enjoying their company. It’s weird. It’s all weird!

No, that's just stupid, not weird. You are friends with bad people who you don't like hanging out with, that's stupid.

I like my friends, enjoy their company, and don't have to ignore massive breaches of the social contract. It's cool. You should try it.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Most of the movie was probably shot before the Miller stuff broke. He's a shitbag but it's stupider to reshoot scenes just to take a jab at him.

It's a non issue in the context of this movie and he's probably not going to have a hollywood gig again, best to move on. His career is already ruined because he's a dumbass.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowman_McK posted:

No, that's just stupid, not weird. You are friends with bad people who you don't like hanging out with, that's stupid.

I like my friends, enjoy their company, and don't have to ignore massive breaches of the social contract. It's cool. You should try it.

Stop twisting my loving words.
I’ll cop to the first part because I did say being lovely to your friends during their lowest isn’t good, which I’ll stand by in a general sense.

I’m not friends with a sex pest, rapist, or super racist, I have no context irl here. My friends who are friends with those who are are not me, and I don’t share that same comraderee.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Weasel suffering an extremely brutal offscreen death in Deadpool 3 would be par for the course. Or he disappeared and went to Vegas to become a knockoff superhero for hire or something. (actually happened in the comics)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Imagine paying an actor for reshoots to take the piss out of them.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Deadpool is known for talking straight to the audience. You don't need TJ Miller involved to make a joke at his expense. Or do it in the animated end credits sequence.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Kin posted:

I wonder if they'll ever make deadpool 3 and focus it around the Mithras storyline (now that Marvel has the world ready for Cosmic poo poo).

I'd love for them to adapt it (as far as i'm concerned it's the storyline that shot him into huge popularity) but i wonder if it's too dark and grim a place to take the movie version of Deadpool. I'm also not really sure how they'd be able to squeeze all the major plot points into just one film as well.

The only Deadpool comic I've read is one where DP and the blind, old lady time travel into Spider-man's past. They replace Spidey and Aunt May, fight Kraven and run into the Green Goblin.

So, I want Deadpool 3 to take place entirely within Sam Raimi's Spider-man, with Willem daFoe and Kirsten Dunst reprising their roles, and Deadpool completely loving up the story.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The Miller thing happened late enough into the production that it gives them an excuse to not do anything and also just, like, wait and see what's going on with him in a year's time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
TJ Miller had basically a brain aneurysm and surgery to fix it , while it doesn't explain his behavior there is strong evidence that brain surgery really can affect you to the point of having a weird mood disorder and change in personality.

If you don't believe.me watch his interviews before the surgery and after it's fcking bizzare.

Also alcohol increases mood disorders.

Basically he's a heavy drinker who shouldn't be drinking at all and many neorologist recommend remaining sober completely after those types of surgeries because alchohol can have a more intense effect.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 13, 2018

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Lemon posted:

I never thought the first Deadpool looked all that interesting, but I saw the trailer for the 2nd and it seemed pretty rad. So I checked out the 1st yesterday and, yeah, it's OK but not great. The action was pretty dang good and most of the jokes landed, but it didn't push things far enough and despite it's claims to be "Not your momma's superhero movie" it still had the blandest, most cliche superhero plot out there.

So hopefully the trailer is accurate in that they just push the craziness to the max and actually fulfill the potential.

This was me too, I watched the first one last night just because of the trailer for the second. I've been over super hero movies since X Men 3 (yes like a decade or whatever, skipped all of them), but thought Deadpool was pretty good. The action and violence did nothing for me (tbh the violence was too much), but the script was at least kinda fun and had some legitimately hilarious scenes. I'm actually gonna see the new one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Donnerberg posted:

The only Deadpool comic I've read is one where DP and the blind, old lady time travel into Spider-man's past. They replace Spidey and Aunt May, fight Kraven and run into the Green Goblin.

I'm finding it astounding that you read that issue and it didn't inspire you to read more Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm saving them for my death bed to go out on a high note.

• Locked thread