Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdgyCoffeeMug
Jan 11, 2019

Leal posted:

Weird, the thread isn't archived yet. So on today, the 1 year anniversary of the thread, I bear this gift to you guys from DLC that steam has notified me about.

Remember the comments about how the 4 goddesses are just the original 4 girls, but with less clothes?

Now you can put those even less clothes on the original girls!

Oh and all the Nep games are like 90% off or some poo poo have fun with that you degenerates.

i miss you and i miss nep

when are you lping another nep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I will happily co-commentate on another nep if it means that Leal suffers along with me.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Leal posted:

Ugh... You people and your demands. Look, I'm not here to fulfill your every freakin' whim, alright? Make an LP about Nep. Send Vert over to my house. Put on a creepy fish thing and dance around! Well, I've had it! I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever make another LP about the Nep Nep.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

I will happily co-commentate on another nep if it means that Leal suffers along with me.

This is quoted, you can't erase this now.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Well, the Nep games are currently all on sale, so just pick one! The Rebirths are all remakes of the first three games - the second one introduces the sisters and the third one has Plutia. U and Blanc vs Zombies are both 3d beat-em-ups, not really great, the Noire game is just bad, Sega Hard Girls has IF as the protagonist and is the only game to feature a nep saying 'gently caress', albeit with a bleep, VII is probably the best nep game gameplay-wise, and VIIR is VII with VR stuff and revamped gameplay, but takes out the alternate endings I believe?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am not sure why I watched through this LP, but done so and read through Fienne's LP of the first two games I now know why this series just irritates me.

A lot of the game is supposed to be character driven, but the characters are not allowed to develop. These characters are absolutely locked into a physical time and mental place because the fans prefer them as caricature rather than real people. There is just no meaningful way you can have a decent plot when your characters and your world are static, and thus you will just get lovely game after lovely game.

I mean, I understand the reason I find these games so irksome is actually the draw for others. But I can't help but feel that they're missing out.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Boksi posted:

the Noire game is just bad

Guess I know what we're doing next.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Boksi posted:

the Noireevery game is just bad

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The Noire game literally starts with you, in the game, as a literal self-insert, as Noire's "personal assistant". It does not get better from there. I got it essentially for free and still spent too much on it :negative:

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

Guess I know what we're doing next.

The story is somewhat cringeworthy, but tolerably so. The gameplay is where the real awfulness lies, and in fact you can read my thoughts on it just a page back.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Boksi posted:

Well, the Nep games are currently all on sale, so just pick one! The Rebirths are all remakes of the first three games - the second one introduces the sisters and the third one has Plutia. U and Blanc vs Zombies are both 3d beat-em-ups, not really great, the Noire game is just bad, Sega Hard Girls has IF as the protagonist and is the only game to feature a nep saying 'gently caress', albeit with a bleep, VII is probably the best nep game gameplay-wise, and VIIR is VII with VR stuff and revamped gameplay, but takes out the alternate endings I believe?

Isn't U the one I got then refunded because the characters lose their clothes? I think that bears mentioning and the game shouldn't be LP'd at all. Just no.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

On the other hand, 2 has the pedophilic molestation monster as a recurring antagonist and 3 makes it very, very clear what's wrong with Peashy as a character. Maybe none of them should be played.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No complaints from me, I like seeing stuff like Kenshi a lot more personally. Videos with Leal actually having fun?? :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Aesculus posted:

The Noire game literally starts with you, in the game, as a literal self-insert, as Noire's "personal assistant". It does not get better from there. I got it essentially for free and still spent too much on it :negative:

Hm, maybe I should get on this. After all, the Kenshi LP is just a self insert along with someone named Noire LP