Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m betting :10bux: alcohol somehow saves the day in the finale.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
OH NO! THE ETHANOL IS LEAKING OUT OF THE TRUCK IT IS LOST. EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE CONTAINERS WE COULD PLACE UNDER THE HOLES TO CAPTURE IT.

I AM GIMPLE MASTER STORY CRAFTER.

This entire episode (and show) has been a series of incomprehensible decisions that only make sense if you think about the plot backwards.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:stare:

I was just joking...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao I can't believe that beer saved the day

What a show

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How the really should have killed off Martha was to drive her to suicide as Morgan and the others repeatedly called it ‘anti-free’

‘Everybody! She spiked the water with anti-free!’
‘Anti-free?! Oh poo poo, she poisoned us!’

(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacey_Castor)

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I hate this show so much. It just insults the viewers intelligence.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Dorie is one smooth muthafucka. I wish when he'd said that sunshine line, it had cut to Strand 20 feet away, having overheard John, muttering under his breath "drat, you suave bastard, even I couldn't come up with a line that good."

JossiRossi posted:

OH NO! THE ETHANOL IS LEAKING OUT OF THE TRUCK IT IS LOST. EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE CONTAINERS WE COULD PLACE UNDER THE HOLES TO CAPTURE IT.

I AM GIMPLE MASTER STORY CRAFTER.

This entire episode (and show) has been a series of incomprehensible decisions that only make sense if you think about the plot backwards.

Pretty sure even with 100 bullet holes, if that tanker was even half full it would have taken hours to drain. They would have had plenty of time to stick a bucket under those holes.

Also it probably goes without saying, but beer probably wouldn't do anything for antifreeze poisoning...it would have to be hard liquor. It should have been Strand who saved the day.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Remember El Salvidad?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The thing about dirt woman is that she could have been an effective villain if she started out innocent, incorporated herself into the group, and then subtly began to play them against one another with the overall goal being that when society ends you can't depend on anyone being there to save you.

But no, instead we get a person who uses zombies attached to sticks which apparently is this universe's version of a WMD.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
End of the world, but you can't drink till you're 21.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

precision posted:

SHOOT HER YOU MORON

Why is this show obsessed with plot armor

Edit lmao stick beats shotgun

This legit infuriated me.

Boinks posted:

That was such a lovely season finale to a lovely season with a lovely "villain" with TWD levels of lazy plot armor.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 1, 2018

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Vakal posted:

The thing about dirt woman is that she could have been an effective villain if she started out innocent, incorporated herself into the group, and then subtly began to play them against one another with the overall goal being that when society ends you can't depend on anyone being there to save you.

But no, instead we get a person who uses zombies attached to sticks which apparently is this universe's version of a WMD.

I think we were supposed to be like Morgan, tensely wondering if he could save her and turn her back. But the problem was, the audience saw she was psycho and would never be made good. Even if he brought her back to the group, we would always see her as a snake getting ready to strike. She was too far gone to be good--she poisoned 1000 bottles of water on the hopes it would kill people.

All season long we had seen people who hated each other come to accept and like each other, people who were antagonists become friends--Alycia and June, everyone and the kid, the truckers and Morgan. But the difference was that none of those people were legitimately bad.

poo poo, even in the last couple eps of TWD there were times where you thought Rick and Carl might be able to get Negan to turn around. There was zero chance with this lady.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The thing that bugged me is that there was no reason she should have been able to beat any of these people single handedly. She had a god drat zombie on a stick. Who gives a poo poo? Bash the zombie then bash her. Morgan ran through what, 20 zombies in 10 seconds? Give me a break.

She sucked and the story line sucked.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Polar Bear is an idiot for letting truckers drive solo AND drop off goods solo

Like I'm surprised more of them didn't get trucks stolen or eaten by ninja zombies without Dirt Lady's help

Also it sounds like I have to watch two eps tonight?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

There was only one episode last night. It did run long though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Vakal posted:

Combine her with the Vulture's ideas and yeah it'd have worked better. "Being part of a group trying to establish yourself is futile, all groups fall apart." So she join the group, start to tear it down, then when things stop going her way she gets more and more brazen in what she tries to pull. Just when it seems like the group is about to fall apart they pull themselves back together against her. Keeps a lot of the themes while making them less totally idiotic. Still dumb and crazy, but a person breaking up a settlement so that smaller groups break off and survive instead of imploding is something that approaches reasoning at least.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barreft posted:

Remember El Salvidad?

Ruben Blades is like, the king of salsa music so Fear was like ‘We’ll work around your schedule’.

In my mind, he went back to El Bazar to get his face wound patched up, now he runs the place and performs every Wednesday night!

We demand the bottle episode AMC!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Ruben Blades is like, the king of salsa music so Fear was like ‘We’ll work around your schedule’.

In my mind, he went back to El Bazar to get his face wound patched up, now he runs the place and performs every Wednesday night!

We demand the bottle episode AMC!

El Salvidad comes back he has a new family, spends all his time as a conflict negotiator, and never speaks Spanish.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Caught one of these episodes at random, and holy poo poo is this show bad. Why are people defending this?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

WHY I AM MAKING THIS THREAD
Because this show deserves better now than being sandwiched in the hell that is The Walking Dead Season 7 thread. It's a different animal than it's origins and zigs everywhere the main show za.. delivers a slow motion eye montage followed by a monologue.

It's just as bad as if not worse than the original.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

ditty bout my clitty posted:

It's just as bad as if not worse than the original.

That was when our last impression was Season 3, which actually was good.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
What the gently caress was this finale. Or this season? There were like...two good episodes?

gently caress you Gimple you incompetent loving poo poo for ruining even everything with your anti-Midas fingers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I like how all the remaining characters from earlier seasons do dick all and are boring as poo poo now.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i like how alicia wears the tightest pants possible and never gets dirty now

it's really distracting

girl you need pockets in the wasteland

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wugga posted:

What the gently caress was this finale. Or this season? There were like...two good episodes?

gently caress you Gimple you incompetent loving poo poo for ruining even everything with your anti-Midas fingers.

The episodes about Garret Dillahunt trying to get off the island and his friend trying to get drunk were legit good I thought

I also love what's her name. The beer obsessed woman. She could read the phone book and I'd watch it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
^^^ Mo Collins is bae

I hope you got to watch the episode where Dillie is just hanging out at his cabin playing scrabble and renting movies from the bait shop

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo she was steve brule way before brule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECOLi1lZmY&t=67s

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

i like how alicia wears the tightest pants possible and never gets dirty now

it's really distracting

girl you need pockets in the wasteland

She's easy on the eyes and has a cool crafted dagger +1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was severely disappointed that we didn't get zombie gator though

Like how the gently caress do you tease that and not deliver

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
In what world would Al not shoot dirt woman on sight wtf

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

In what world would Al not shoot dirt woman on sight wtf

But she had a zombie on a stick. Why don't people understand Gimple's vision?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Like I understand if Dorie, Charlie, or Morgan wouldn't shoot but the rest of them have no loving reason

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
we are not so different you and i

i have stick.

you have stick.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Morgan what the hell is this fuckin 40 years in the desert poo poo just go back home

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Did they ever explain why Dirt Woman was so dirty anyway?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How did she rip arm off

What the gently caress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
How did Morgan not bleed to death

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

precision posted:

She slept on the ground by that pond. Out in the open with no protection from wondering zombies. For like 2 years.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Maybe she rolled in the dead like dogs do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Hey, water is for poisoning, not bathing!

• Locked thread