Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Binary Logic posted:

A nice side effect of Nick's unexpected demise was that this week when Alicia and Naomi slid into the Bowl of Z's with no way out my first reaction was, "Now these two are going to be killed off?!"

I'll be honest, my thought was this waterslide silliness belongs on Z nation where the writers would really capitalize on the situation. No references to how dangerous those things are? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

I feel stupid not seeing it coming, but I didn't, and they set up such a hopeless situation there with Nadine in the ditch that him finally gunning down all those zombies two-handed was loving awesome.

This ep. made me think on other couples in the franchise; Nadine & Dorie were believable as a couple, Nick and Luciana were believable as a couple, Madison and Travis, and hell, even Madison and Troy had a chemistry on top of the weird maternal thing those two had going on. Alicia and Jake were blah but believable. TWD by contrast hasn't had a single couple with chemistry since maybe Glen and Maggie's farm times, arguably before that with Laurie and Shane. Rick and Michonne's thing is so void of chemistry or even content that it's like watching brother and sister, it's awkward as gently caress and it's almost like the writers pointedly avoid dealing with it.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

This whole episode was logistically frustrating, but hey, at least they still talk like people.

I like where strand decided to hold the rope instead of just tying it off somewhere, then almost drops her.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Acacia REI posted:

Gimple is there to make sure the spinoff doesn't clown on the main show anymore like it did last season lol
I like to think this is true, and that he was oblivious to the jab at Laurie's driving some writer snuck in two weeks ago.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Nah he and Crazy Dog were last seen saving Nick with a sniper shot before heading off into the desert.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Ugh it's not just that this was bad, and it was awful, but I've been assuming this whole time the fall of the stadium and Madison being M.I.A would be an interesting story with a twist of some kind that would eventually justify the split timeline and personality changes of the original cast.

Nope, turns out the obvious happened and we've just been dicked around for half a season because the writers' heads are so far up their asses they think the same trash story we've been hatewatching for 8 years was somehow surprising, interesting or plausible. Barely ambulatory munching horde gets past sturdy walls because %reasons%, protagonist dies for hope! But jaded survivors have no hope! Yay Morgan have hope. fffffffffff

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Some guy in mexico was really after them after they blew up the dam too. I guess he died?

I thought he lived but don't quote me on that. That MC gang is supposedly running trade routes from California to Texas, so early on this season I expected the vultures would turn out to be just some poor schleps and that the organized, labeled walker tanks were the work of the Proctors.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

No mention in the show at all so far. Showrunners have mentioned him being alive though.
Continuing the franchise tradition of having all intrigue and character growth take place off-camera.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Astroman posted:

Also is anyone watching this anymore?

If you mean FTWD and not a talking-about-FTWD, show, I did for about 30 minutes of the midseason premiere till I realized I was in for a full hour of people talking vaguely about where they will, and won't, walk. Near as I can tell they gutted this slowly improving show for a half-season gimmick whose payoff could be be having the least interesting remaining members of the cast show up at Hilltop? I don't even know where they're heading but none of it sounds remotely interesting. Literally shut it off to pay better attention to a Star Wars novel which is not going anywhere.

At least Madison, Troy, Travis, Nick, and I'm going to pretend El Salvidad as well died in the west, in full color with dignity .

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Maybe she rolled in the dead like dogs do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

Acacia REI posted:

I quit after the midseason finale. This was the first time I ever got to the end of an episode and decided to just quit.
I was pretty disgusted with the season at that point, so when it came back with an episode that was equal parts stupid, boring and pointless I called it quits there. Mrs. Marathe watched two or three episodes more before coming to the same conclusion.

No regrets. I'll be curious to see if TWD proper holds my attention this season; on the one hand it's quite clear now it will always suck and will almost definitely decline further. On the other, sunk cost fallacy I guess.

• Locked thread