Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
what were the behind the scenes factors that saw Troy off the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
nick's all messed up now

ha ha ha

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
once the clarkes are back to nomad-predation he's going to be hacking up corpses for the best chewables and smokables like there's no tomorrow

because, well

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Were we supposed to be in awe as the hipster led 12 zombies onto a truck with the use of a boombox and a bicycle?

Basically a hosed up version of YOU'RE WELCOME

i mean, i was impressed by the level of forethought and confidence it showed in z handling

they're not afraid of them, but they don't revere them like the people at the season 2 hacienda did

that little scene managed to eloquently demonstrate the vultures' way of doing things

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

brocked posted:

Their plan is just making me laugh more the more I think about it. We're going to sit here and laugh at those suckers inside who are slowly starving to death and then we'll go in and take their crops wait what?

....crops? no, they're waiting for the people inside the diamond to die so they can take their guns and other supplies, nobody said anything about wanting to take nick's doomed harvest

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Truant posted:

like people!

:suicide:

...which is why the vultures offered to take everyone in the stadium into their crew in the very first meeting

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
are you just traumatized by how badly TWD has gone, or do you have legitimate issues with comprehending what you see and read?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Truant posted:

friend, I believe it is you who cannot comprehend a joke?

that's a yes to both then

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
they never should've gotten off the boat

should've sailed that thing straight to hawaii

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

nah

madison with an eyepatch and pegleg: "raise the mainsail ye scurvy dogs"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i rewatched the last bit to check, between when nick goes down and when the clark crew huddles up around him, whether it's suggested alicia got a look at who shot him

doesn't seem like she got a good look

i was wondering whether we'd see her execute a child later on in the season

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm glad troy's dead

he was a hosed up nazi moron, same as his daddy

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

I loved his dad's actor though

He's always so tired, so done

oh all the Ottos gave great performances absolutely, though the good-ish brother was the weakest of the three by far

troy was a fascinating character, i'm just glad he died

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acacia REI posted:

EDIT: lol @ Nick and Lexa getting almost the same death

the only ways that comparison could get closer is if nick was accidentally shot by Strand or Daniel while they were aiming at Luciana for some reason

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd be down with Strand, Morgan and Cowboy Adventures

newslady can come too if she lives

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rocksicles posted:

Oi Genghis Clarke is on the other show. Chick Grimes is much better.

the True Clarke would scoff at Madison's mere low triple digits bodycount

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Madison Clark destroys nascent post-apoc civilizations out of a combination of fear, overreaction and possessiveness

Wanheda destroys because it comes as naturally to her as breathing

e:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i honestly loved the fakeout of making it look like they were going to be overrun and forced to flee in the night, probably get separated

then dorie takes out both pistols and gets to work

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
that episode definitely gave the new writers some cred

i'm actually interested in where they're taking Morgan, now that they've more or less reverted his character to how he was before the savior war

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Binary Logic posted:

Okay maybe they're not the Big Bad but you can't hold a siege while still allowing the people inside to leave and return with provisions!

laying siege to a fortified settlement is Savior poo poo, that's not what the Vultures do

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marmaduke! posted:

Edit:: awwshit then I got to the shoplifting and hotel bar episode.

madison and strand getting trashed at that hotel bar and playing honkey-tonk piano is gold standard television

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Strand’s the same guy that cut a life raft off of his boat because they couldn’t (or he didn’t want to) spare the resources. You know he’s gonna hoard those grenades.

Hopefully it won’t be used for a blaze of glory suicide attack or something.

dorie's blaze of glory suicide attack, maybe, while strand looks on

"it's the only way we can save naomi, john"

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
how disappointing

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had such high hopes after the Dorie episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hard reboot, next episode it turns out Nick and Troy are just high as gently caress, hanging out in El Bazaar and eating those pieces of zombie brains to get hosed up.

Troy just can’t handle his drugs. :shrug:

Title change suggestion: Fear the Walking Dead: Beer Guy has the right idea

it's still incredible to me that they took everything the series had worked towards, when things were finally starting to open up and stretch with the bazaar/proctors/reina del agua story, and just flushed it down the toilet to give Morgan his own show

• Locked thread