Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blazing Ownager posted:

By the way, I know there are more new characters coming to the show this season, including images. I decided I'd post them in as they actually come up, even though the information is so limited (just a name and face) it's barely a spoiler.

Plus it's always hard to tell if they'll end up being fodder that dies the episode they show up in or be infamous background characters that have a name but no real scenes.

Yeah, do this. I avoided any FTWD S3 info, so had no idea Dillahunt and the chick from Lost were on this. Very pleasant surprises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Has anyone mentioned how great the new open is? It's wallpaper gorgeous

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

so I'm still 100% digging Fear over TWD, but are we seriously getting another Negan-style baddie who has enough plot armour he can sit in an open parking lot in front of our protagonists and not just get shot with a loving rifle? like, c'mon, really? we literally just had that. for two seasons.

And immediately get killed by the much larger force? Come on, man.

Also, to everyone's questions about Madison's character shift, I think we'll find out it's rooted in the argument she and Nick had and his suicide attempt in the S3 finale. He'd hated what Madison had forced them to become and I think she's changing to be a better person. She almost says as much when talking to Mel.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Johnny Truant posted:

:circlefap:

except they have as many people (47?), a better defensible position, the lay of the land, the literal high ground...

wait... wait, are you... ARE YOU A WRITER FOR TWD?

hey look, someone who loving gets it

You don't know if they had as many people. Nothing about that situation would evoke "gently caress it, let's just start shooting". Especially after Mel lets Madison know they know exactly how many people and arms they have.

brocked posted:

Yeah, I was hoping she'd pull her gun and shoot him mid speech and she'd be covered by sniper/guard fire, make it inside, and then we'd see who's in the position of strength: the people inside a settlement who could grow their own food or the people outside in Winnebagoes who keep having to deal with all the zombies attracted by the noise of our ceaseless hammering

Except their food supply is weevil'd

brocked posted:

Their plan is just making me laugh more the more I think about it. We're going to sit here and laugh at those suckers inside who are slowly starving to death and then we'll go in and take their crops wait what?

:laffo:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Well, I haven't even started this season yet and I decided to spoil myself on it for some reason. I'm glad I did because now I know it's not gonna be worth watching anyways. Sounds like crap and if Nick is dead meh.

RIP FTWD you had 3/4ths of a good season

Jesus this thread is strange. THAT is how you kill off a character. That had an emotional impact. Had no idea this was coming, either. Good poo poo.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Acacia REI posted:

Madison is going to set someone on fire for this.

YES. I hate how they kill main characters off in TWD proper - so much drawn out exposition leading up to their death that it loses its impact. Even Glenn's sudden and violent death didn't phase me that much because of how needlessly drawn out Negan's introduction was (not to mention the character hadn't been interesting in like 3 seasons). Nick's death felt like an unexpected punch in the chest.

After more reflection, I'll unpack a bit more. It felt like, after you see Nick go ballistic upon seeing the El Camino, that they were dropping hints(especially with the brighter, less gloomy shot flashbacks of Madison and Nick)that Madison had died so Nick was just heading towards keeping the cycle of violence going. Just when there's a hint of Nick breaking the cycle with Morgan and the little namaste book, the cycle continues and claims him

The flashback shot of Nick laying in the blue bonnets after he dies is a great coda for the character

Tortuga posted:

Heck, there was even a car crash that happened for a believable reason which I haven't seen for a long time.

Holy poo poo this made me laugh

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Generic American posted:

I'm okay with the flashbacks so far, since they're at least doing some clever things with them to offset the fact that we know the stadium settlement fails and Nick, Alicia, Luciana, and Strand survive. Like how they tied it in with John's little quest, and the handling of Nick's death.

Or the fact that they're quite intentionally obscuring Madison's fate- whether she is going to die, got separated from them, or even had a sharp turn to complete her arc. They really seem to be playing up the "join us" angle with the Vultures, and it stuck out to me that Alicia's regret from this episode wasn't framed as "we should've left", but very specifically, "I should've talked my mom into leaving."

The gimmick could easily get old at some point if they pointlessly drag it out, but I'm still on-board. And it's still way better than the abomination that was the "leading walkers out of the quarry" episode from the main show.

Same on all counts

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

I can make a zombie moat and repair a zombie bridge but I dont know how to put spears in the ground to stop zombies.

I'm sure he was never expecting a couple dozen coming out of the river.

Very good ep. Really well written, shot and acted. I really love the simplicity of the scene when John and Laura are fixing the bridge(the first time) and a lone zed comes stumbling towards them and he nods at her, she walks out of frame then back into frame with a rack focus on her and the zed and she kills it. No words and not anything revolutionary style-wise but a better shot scene than anything on TWD in years. Years.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

Five minutes into Dorie life and how the gently caress is this so much better than walking dead

Walking dead truly forgot how to tell a story while ftwd is feeling like it's in award territory

I seriously could have watched two hours of On Zombie Pond

JossiRossi posted:

Lorie must have been driving from beyond the grave.

Not sure how, but I'd forgotten about this. Thanks.

Binary Logic posted:

On Golden Pond - Very sad. (True)
E:f, as usual.

It was only said of Naomi that "she didn't make it out" of the stadium when things went bad. So, might still be alive.

In the same scene Alicia says she's dead. The expectation is that she's alive, I imagine, but just like Nick's sudden death a couple weeks ago, I'd be fine if she really is dead(although the zom-rom side of me wants them getting back together).

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Speaking of Luciana, even FTWD's wardrobe department shits all over TWD's:

https://twitter.com/danaygarcia1/status/996763445503590402

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Remy Marathe posted:

This whole episode was logistically frustrating, but hey, at least they still talk like people.

I like where strand decided to hold the rope instead of just tying it off somewhere, then almost drops her.

Yeah, some of this stuff didn't make sense, like how Alicia, Strand and Luciana are going to take on 40ish armed dudes out in the open. Also, I'm predicting the tin full of Scrabble tiles saves John's life.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

This past half season has been extremely stupid. And none of the motivations flow with the actual story, they only work in with the flashbacks in reference.

What happened to the indian man? Did he die last season?

That last ep was mediocre at best but before that this has been a very good season, sorry that you're wrong, friendo

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

If you haven't watched anything, watch up til season 3 then quit.

Plus the Dorie/ June Laura episode.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 25, 2018

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

JossiRossi posted:

I saw this elsewhere, was told it was real, still had to do my own look to be absolutely sure...

https://twitter.com/FearTWD/status/1042838261222264832

Click to see the whole thing, it's so embarrassing.

The TL is gold.

JossiRossi posted:

Then we get dirt woman.

I binged 4-5 eps last night. Jesus. And who didn't see her escaping the zip ties while being unsupervised in the last ep. Beer guy kind of went out like a boss, though.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

precision posted:

SHOOT HER YOU MORON

Why is this show obsessed with plot armor

Edit lmao stick beats shotgun

This legit infuriated me.

Boinks posted:

I hate this show so much. It just insults the viewers intelligence.

That was such a lovely season finale to a lovely season with a lovely "villain" with TWD levels of lazy plot armor.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 1, 2018

• Locked thread