Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Wasn't Chick Grimes actually a guidance counselor in the normal world?

Also, I really don't get why people love Troy so much, he was basically a school shooter in the zombie apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

That lady's SWAT truck seems like a one or two time deal, unless she also happens to know if an untouched ammo dump around there (show is in Texas now so of course everyone is going to be armed to the teeth)

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Astroman posted:

I think what they may be doing is "what if Negan tried to take over a settlement, but didn't realize it was led by an even worse Negan who kinda reformed but holy gently caress are you screwed if she reverts."

In which case I say :getin:

Yeah, I was hoping she'd pull her gun and shoot him mid speech and she'd be covered by sniper/guard fire, make it inside, and then we'd see who's in the position of strength: the people inside a settlement who could grow their own food or the people outside in Winnebagoes who keep having to deal with all the zombies attracted by the noise of our ceaseless hammering

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

She was making a room for the spy girl. Which reminds me I laughed at how shocked she was that the vultures knew about their crop problems & names when apparently they blab on walkie talkies all day about anything that comes to mind

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Their plan is just making me laugh more the more I think about it. We're going to sit here and laugh at those suckers inside who are slowly starving to death and then we'll go in and take their crops wait what?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Nah, I'm just thinking it's pretty dumb to expect I'm just going to sit here in your parking lot won't end with the people inside the compound trying to use up everything they have killing you, again leaving you with very little, just after a violent firefight

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Yes, they could get some pool nets and sharpen the end, making really long spears. Then when they saw a herd they could all hold them and stand really close together, maybe holding a shield in the other hand while a row of people stabbed with their spears in front of them.

PHALANX OUT!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

SWAT van is such a terrible idea, that thing gets maybe 20 feet per gallon of diesel fuel

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

To be fair, the vultures don't seem very bright. Their plan has gone from "we will wait until your community collapses from lack of resources (which we have scavenged all around you) and then come in and take your stuff" to now "we will flood your settlement with zombies and then won't be able to take any of your stuff."

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Gif doesn't start early enough, they were sitting there before the convoy of zombie lemmings (who inexplicably ignore the people who just let them out of trailers) even drove up

I also like that the stadium crew has snipers with high powered who fell no need to take a single shot as the vultures amble around in the parking lot and open their troop transports

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Haha, he even looks like the weaselly guy in charge of the hilltop colony

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I'm the crazy 24-hour thunderstorm with 100mph straight line winds that don't affect wicker chairs

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Well, teleporting zombies were alive at some point

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Wow, like Edward Furlong will be on the show too

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Meant to say "looks like," I think it's actually the reporter lady on the left side

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

I'm enjoying this so much more now that it's a complete train wreck again... Just this episode, we had a girl figure it would be easier to drop a truck on a zombie (who was nice enough to stop moving while she licked the jack stand multiple times) instead of using the tire iron that was within her reach the entire time and a guy who couldn't figure out what mile marker would be approximately 1 mile after mile marker 20. Not to mention evil lady's amazing plot to fill water bottles with pond water that isn't even clear- maybe people don't know the difference between sealed and unsealed bottles in the zombie apocalypse... I also love the horrible delivery of every single line by the trucker lady, I'm trying to decide if she's really awful or is intentionally tanking her part

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

Yes, it's Austin-all the zombies are bespoke or wearing burnt orange

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao this cut of everyone saying theyre nice bois like Morgan is so dumb

Love that this show tooko time to show a grumpy old man the true meaning of Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

It depends, this show is brilliant to hate-watch. Remember when June had a great scene describing her backstory to John in the most elegant and concise way and then three episodes later the show revisited it and messed up all logic around her story?
In classic Walking Dead fashion, this season features two different people managing to impale someone while driving on an empty road!
If you're bored of teleporting zombies, this season proves that almost everyone is able to teleport, across bat distances. Car batteries (in Texas, no less) are immortal, and every car has one of those old fashioned sound alarms.
If you're ever annoyed that the people in the main show don't just shoot the villain when they are in their cross hairs, then I cannot wait until you watch the finale episode.
Seriously, this show is one of the funniest on TV and I can't stop laughing imagining the faces on the writers every time they hear what is supposed to happen in the episode.

• Locked thread