Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hey guys - Trading Spaces is back.
I dunno about all of you but I kinda feel like I grew up watching this show. It represents a more innocent time - before TLC became the equivalent of a traveling freak show.
It also let designers vomit weird organic material all over walls.

I'm glad it's back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Everyone keeps talking about that stupid hay wall but I don't remember it. I remember there is a lady host and she's kinda annoying but the people who do the actual 'interior designing' are even worse. Why do people agree to have their house destroyed on tv?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There truly were some abominations on that show. Most of them involving Hildi gluing poo poo to the wall or 90s hangover color treatments.
The new season so far seems much more restrained, though Ty Pennington has some serious Steve-o before he got clean vibes to him.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There truly were some abominations on that show. Most of them involving Hildi gluing poo poo to the wall or 90s hangover color treatments.
The new season so far seems much more restrained, though Ty Pennington has some serious Steve-o before he got clean vibes to him.

Wait a second...he was on this show? He was on the other show on network, too. He has a coke problem. Or had or whatever. 'Allegedly' blah blah.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
Hilde, the designer everyone feared

Once she made someone staple a bunch of fake flowers to a bathroom wall. At least the egg room was just paint

Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
it is a good show yes. The old episodes they’ve been playing have all been great examples of ultra garish designs like the thousand plastic flowers staples to the wall and the room they filled with sand. They really loved painting the floors back then

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey guys - Trading Spaces is back.
I dunno about all of you but I kinda feel like I grew up watching this show. It represents a more innocent time - before TLC became the equivalent of a traveling freak show.
It also let designers vomit weird organic material all over walls.

I'm glad it's back.

Trading Spaces owns.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

opie posted:

Hilde, the designer everyone feared

Once she made someone staple a bunch of fake flowers to a bathroom wall. At least the egg room was just paint

Hanging furniture from the ceiling, complete with silverware:

Also putting her own face on someone's wall to forever haunt them:

And they did some kind of horror movie thing to this kitchen

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I remember the one where they glued moss to a fireplace

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mario death mask posted:

I remember the one where they glued moss to a fireplace

I remember that one because the.. Husband? I think? Said "I just don't think they're moss people."

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I agree. Also these photos of the super terrible ones are great. I remember one where they did a room make over by hanging curtains everywhere. That one was great.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

And an even better movie, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

*hilde rises out of her straw-covered coffin*

• Locked thread