Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
  • Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Sorry about that, I'm bad w/ updating share prices (as shown by me only updating them at all by OR2) but I'm wounded by that spare $10. Have you fixed for it because I'm having trouble locating the discrepancy.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at May 4, 2018 around 23:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

So gentlemen, we meet again.

Pass.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sorry about that, I'm bad w/ updating share prices (as shown by me only updating them at all by OR2) but I'm wounded by that spare $10. Have you fixed for it because I'm having trouble locating the discrepancy.

Yes, I corrected for it. The sheet shows PSN funds @$40, and NYSW funds @$15.

The problem is that the NYSW ended OR2.1 with $45. But the OR2.2 sheet shows $55 starting funds. The expenses for OR2.2 were $40 in interest. Itís just good that we are posting what is going on each round, as it should help to find issues like this. Hopefully $10 wouldnít skew the game much.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ah well. Nothing's perfect. Pass

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Game is flawed, restart.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

General it's you in the order, I believe.
e: to bid, on a private company

The General
Mar 4, 2007

ALT Passes.

GTW converts to a 5share company.
Share Price drops to $65
Buys 1 station marker for $50
Holdings of $75

I buy a share for $70
Holdings increase to $40

The General fucked around with this message at May 5, 2018 around 07:34

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pass

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Pass

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

Pass.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pass from both NYOW and PLE.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am going to pass the rest of the M&A round. Basically I am not offering either of my companies up for friendly sales.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

Orvin posted:

I am going to pass the rest of the M&A round. Basically I am not offering either of my companies up for friendly sales.

same

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I'll agree.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A pass here too. Interest rates are set at $15.
Start Lackwana in Baltimore for 270,

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at May 5, 2018 around 03:10

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

A pass here too. Interest rates are set at $15.
Start Lackwana in Baltimore for 270,

You win, as no one else has enough cash on hand to bid higher. Need to declare 2 or 5 share now that you won.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The General posted:

ALT Passes.

GTW converts to a 5share company.
Takes 1 Loan for $100
Share Price drops to $65
Buys 1 station marker for $50
Holdings of $75

I buy a share for $65
Holdings increase to $140

Also just noticed an error here. When companies convert it merge, the take loan step is after the purchase\sell shares step. So The General should have bought his share at $70, then once everyone else passed, he could take a loan.

Only changes $5 from General to the company, but later in the game, multiple loans could swing the price a lot.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Its a 2 share.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Orvin posted:

Also just noticed an error here. When companies convert it merge, the take loan step is after the purchase\sell shares step. So The General should have bought his share at $70, then once everyone else passed, he could take a loan.

Only changes $5 from General to the company, but later in the game, multiple loans could swing the price a lot.

I apologize. Rereading again, I see that this is correct.

Edit: Since the money goes in before the buying of stations, could I not take a loan, holdings at $40?

The General fucked around with this message at May 5, 2018 around 07:19

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sure!
e: and I've even remembered to bump the stock back up too.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at May 5, 2018 around 09:30

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Another note that may be important shortly. The loan interest rate is set at the beginning of each OR. The main importance of that is if loans get taken during the stock round. That usually happens when a company needs to buy shares in from the open market.

Sell 1 share of Belt for $180
I will auction off the UR starting in Philadelphia. Start and win the bid at $400.
It will be a 2 share company.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

Sell 1 Share of EJE for $90
IPO RUT at $251 in Blacksburg and win the bid
It will be a 2-share company

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Sell BELT for $180
Start BA in Cincinnati IPO $390 and win the bid.
Starting stock price 180
2 share company.

Panzeh, I don't think you can IPO at 251. Has to be multiples of $5. Unless it's a typo, or I'm missing something.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

The General posted:

Sell BELT for $180
Start BA in Cincinnati IPO $390 and win the bid.
Starting stock price 180
2 share company.

Panzeh, I don't think you can IPO at 251. Has to be multiples of $5. Unless it's a typo, or I'm missing something.

It's fine. I'll IPO at $250.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Having reviewed all my shorting options; Pass

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I dont really have much time to figure out what might have happened, but my cash is way too high. I am checking from my phone, but my stock action column looks incorrect. I should be at -220. That is from +180 from sales and -400 from my won auction. Also there is a -135 from the share of PSN I bought in the m&a round that might have to be factored in somewhere.

Finally, it looks like my income got carried over from OR2.2 into SR3 starting cash. I should have $389 starting cash.

My current best guess is that I should have $34 cash at this point.

Act on behalf of EJE, take one loan. $100 into the company, and the share price falls back one space to $80.
Buy the share in the open market into the company for $80. EJE ends with $30 in its treasury.

I hope I am not being too annoying with all my corrections. I would put more effort into the spreadsheet, but most of my posting is from work on my phone, and I canít update the spreadsheet from my phone.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

I'm going to act on behalf of Belt, take 3 loans, and buy both open market shares. Belt's share price is now 135. It adds $30 to its treasury.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I think I'll Pass

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pass.
And Orvin, i nearly posted to ask after goggling at your balance, but I figured you were just good at the game.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

OK, I fixed these errors: I copied Orvin's Divs rather than cash (and only made this mistake for Orvin, strangely), stiffing him $10. But I made up for it by having his stock actions be -170 rather than -370, which was karmicly balanced by inflating General's from -280 to -375. I'm an idiot who can't handle addition and subtraction. I double-checked mine and Panzeh's and they're correct.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Pass

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

Pass, I suppose it's now time for the OR and that ol' Philly company.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Busy share-round.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

In "me loving up" news, we've got thirteen 3 trains. I'm going through the old tabs updating things, making sure things were exported.
e: I fixed it, my best guess is I didn't minus a train from that cell. but at the moment, six 3 trains remain.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at May 6, 2018 around 12:39

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

UR operates
Upgrades Philadelphia, new exits E & SE
Lay E20 with exits SW and E for $20
Takes 2 loans for $200
Pays $40 in interest
Buys two 3-Trains for $500
Stock falls back 3 spaces to $150, funds at $40.

I was wondering when the first 4T was going to be bought. I didnít think there was enough cash/loans out there to go through seven 3Ts this round, but six is possible.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

PSN operates
Upgrades F21, new exit W
Runs 2-T NY to Baltimore for $110
Runs 2-T Pittsburgh to Blacksburg for $100
Runs 3-T NY to Philadelphia to Pittsburgh for $150
Total:$360
Half pays $36 per share, $252 into company ($180+2*$36 for shares)
Pays $60 in interest
Buys 3-T
Pays off 1 loan
Stock moves forward 2 spaces to $165, ends with $47 in funds

And then I noticed the crazy money most companies are going to run for while the 2-Ts are still around. The 4-T might get bought this round, instead of the export I was thinking would happen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at May 6, 2018 around 13:29

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I skipped the BA because I didnít see it on the stock market. I know the BA canít affect anything I do with the PSN, other than maybe the position in its space.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I skipped em because I forgot they existed, I've added their marker, General's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

BA Operates
Lay city tile at G6 $10
Upgrade G8 $20
Shares price falls to $165
But 3T for $250
Holdings at $110

I think that makes it Squishy's LR.