Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

uvar posted:

I've reviewed the hand-face ratio and this man's medical prognosis is extremely grim

Hopefully Doctor Misty will be able to adjust the treatment and help him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ah yes. The sniper's nightmare.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Marfan syndrome as an aesthetic preference.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

mercenarynuker posted:

Yeah, that kind of thing is insanely common, especially in houses built around 1950 or so.
My house was built in 1926 and it also has that feature. The kitchen is so tiny compared to modern standards that the refrigerator sits on a platform constructed over the stairs to the basement. Fun when people come over for the first time and are like "do you not have a fridge?"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Can't say I've ever been to the American Girl Cafe but can he not just get them to go?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If somebody says they're not drunk when nobody has suggested that they are it means that they are very drunk.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My "I am not a drunk pedophile" post is prompting a lot of questions that are answered in my post.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Heath posted:

My "I am not a drunk pedophile" post is prompting a lot of questions that are answered in my post.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Heath posted:

Can't say I've ever been to the American Girl Cafe but can he not just get them to go?

Can’t get the 4 glasses of sparkling brut to go, duh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Champaigne loving sucks rear end, but crabcakes own. That said, loving find the recipe online and buy ingredients, it's cheaper than even driving to an American Girl Restaurant (there's one at Mall of America and I have no idea where else), let alone paying what I'm assuming are Rainforest Cafe-tier prices for food and drink.

Lmao "personal injury." :qq:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

Champaigne loving sucks rear end, but crabcakes own. That said, loving find the recipe online and buy ingredients, it's cheaper than even driving to an American Girl Restaurant (there's one at Mall of America and I have no idea where else), let alone paying what I'm assuming are Rainforest Cafe-tier prices for food and drink.

Are you asking why someone would exchange currency for services?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, that's actually cheaper than I thought.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Those prices are downright affordable in amazonopolis

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I would've guessed it was an appetiser but at around a $15 price point.

Anyway, no, I'd just rather cook food myself than put up with American Girl poo poo, everything about the brand is tedious as gently caress.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Are American Girl dolls the ones you can get that are modeled on your daughter and are super expensive? All I know about them is that my cousin desperately wanted one as a kid but they were obscenely overpriced

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't know that they're modeled after folks' daughters, though they might now because that'd be a lucrative racket.
As far as I know, they're modeled after fictional girls from whatever period they're trying to evoke and I'm pretty sure a buncha historical whitewashing went on when they got around to making Black and Indigenous characters. They came with insufferable little storybooks. I believe these dolls are really expensive, like high double digits I wanna say? It's been forever since my sister was into them, thank goodness.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it sounds like epsteinbait

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol not defending Brand but double digits is not "really expensive" for a quality doll

I mean it's more than most people can or should spend on one, certainly

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Tubgoat posted:

I don't know that they're modeled after folks' daughters, though they might now because that'd be a lucrative racket.
As far as I know, they're modeled after fictional girls from whatever period they're trying to evoke and I'm pretty sure a buncha historical whitewashing went on when they got around to making Black and Indigenous characters. They came with insufferable little storybooks. I believe these dolls are really expensive, like high double digits I wanna say? It's been forever since my sister was into them, thank goodness.

They have a couple per year that are modeled after a specific period, otherwise you can customize hair, eyes, shape, etc. They also do a ton of business in matching clothes for the doll and girl, and accessories. I think around 10 years ago they were about 100-150 for the doll itself. Since then most of the larger stores(walmart, target, etc) have knockoffs that are same size and style for 30-50 bucks

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Makes sense. Thanks!

The Bloop posted:

Lol not defending Brand but double digits is not "really expensive" for a quality doll

I mean it's more than most people can or should spend on one, certainly

No idea of quality. To me it'd be expensive even at $25. Dolls are not one of my consumerist priorities.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tubgoat posted:

No idea of quality. To me it'd be expensive even at $25. Dolls are not one of my consumerist priorities.

I mean me either but it's plain that design and craftsmanship cost money

It's like comparing Lego to dollar store knockoffs. Yeah, it's way more expensive, but there's reasons (some more legitimate than others)

If course in the case of AG they went from manufacturing in the US and Germany to all China, with final assembly and QC only in the US, but even that is costly

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRu_MloKopQ&t=34s

All I know about American Girl and their cafés were from watching this video.

The timecode skips the intro and jumps directly into introducing American Girl dolls and the cafe before getting into the experience itself.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Heath posted:

was my first thought too, followed quickly with

Tubgoat posted:

If I feel like drinking four glasses of brut, I'd rather do that at home. It's self-service but the decor and clientele are more appropriate for drinking.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

starbucks hermit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRu_MloKopQ&t=34s

All I know about American Girl and their cafés were from watching this video.

The timecode skips the intro and jumps directly into introducing American Girl dolls and the cafe before getting into the experience itself.

I lol'd at "Samantha (Stuck in a box for 15 years)"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/_decadentjayy/status/1281322387527446528?s=21

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Where'd they get those sweet Bane masks?

Is there a store you can just buy them at?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:stare:

:barf:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/writer_heathen/status/1281621051022032896

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Guys, be nice! He's clearly taken his doctor's advice to heart, cutting back to only 3 litres of vodka a day.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'd make a joke but God already did.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Every other story involving the couple says he's 42. Still looks at least 52.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah I don't believe that, that is literally my age. If I looked like that in the mirror I'd start drafting my will

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My dad is literally double this man's age. But we should be nice, maybe he drank from the wrong grail, but only a tiny sip

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
eh, I think earlier articles had identified the pistol-waving wife in her early 30's and husband guy as early 40's. He still looks older than that.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Evil ages you

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

That's gotta be a typo.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

man is a year younger than me and even with my babyface with a beard I look like I'm in my mid 20s next to that. god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Heath posted:

Evil ages you

Agree with this.