Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

rydiafan posted:

Humanity was a mistake.
No, pretending the humanoids who comprehensively lack humanity are human was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Happy Landfill posted:

Uh-uh. No. I refuse to believe this is sincere

https://twitter.com/twothickscoops/status/1321832802678116358?s=20

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

what the gently caress

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

Tubgoat posted:

No, pretending the humanoids who comprehensively lack humanity are human was a mistake.

"I get to decide who is and isn't human based on how much they agree with me ideologically" is pretty fuckin' ugly, dude.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

what the gently caress

Nobody ever did this.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

"I get to decide who is and isn't human based on how much they agree with me ideologically" is pretty fuckin' ugly, dude.

I mean, Nazis aren't human.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

rydiafan posted:

Pretending they aren't gives them a pass for what they did/do today

Banality of evil and all that.

Saying that they weren't takes the agency they took in genocide away, and makes them no longer responsible for their actions. A monster only did what is natural to it, they couldn't help it, they were just following orders, they- on and on and on.

No, they were and are human.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

what the gently caress

Would it not work then? Been a long time since I've had vinyl about to try this out.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

rydiafan posted:

"The people who oppose me aren't human" is how we got nazis, fuckwit.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

No, tolerating nazis is how we got nazis, you absolute loving drawerstain.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tubgoat posted:

No, tolerating nazis is how we got nazis, you absolute loving drawerstain.

Damned right!

At the same time, we have to remember that Nazis are human and so are their impulses, which is why we cannot let ourselves become complacent and think "Oh, this has all been sorted out, no need to worry about this stuff again~" like we did after WW2. Like any disease, Nazism and its like will need a lot of work and constant vigilance to ensure it doesn't infect anyone again. We cannot pushing for education and social reform, nor should we become complacent if/when we actually get those.

EDIT: Mind you, right now if you gotta stop a Nazi by punching them, then by all means punch them, and twice on Sundays.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmfao, left to its own devices Germany would've de-nazified more effectively than the U.S. did because we deliberately put nazis back into leadership positions in Germany as well as goddamned NATO.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CommissarMega posted:

Like any disease, Nazism and its like will need a lot of work and constant vigilance to ensure it doesn't infect anyone again.

I got some real loving bad news for you bud.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

cakesmith handyman posted:

I got some real loving bad news for you bud.

Yeah, I know :( And worse, unlike corona and its deniers Nazism doesn't directly kill its hosts, I know that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Lmfao, left to its own devices Germany would've de-nazified more effectively than the U.S. did because we deliberately put nazis back into leadership positions in Germany as well as goddamned NATO.

We even hired them on as technical consultants for Disney: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_and_the_Moon

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rodbeard posted:

We even hired them on as technical consultants for Disney: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_and_the_Moon
That's a weirdly specific take on the issue

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

That's a weirdly specific take on the issue

The point was we weren't even subtle about keeping Nazis around several of them became minor celebrities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

sugar mouse posted:

Would it not work then? Been a long time since I've had vinyl about to try this out.

If the 'skip groove' functionality works why do you need to scratch out the whole track also

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every well thought out system has backup contingencies in place.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rodbeard posted:

The point was we weren't even subtle about keeping Nazis around several of them became minor celebrities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer
Yeah no poo poo, Sherlock, but it's kinda burying the lead to talk about a dude being a consultant on a Disney film when said dude later went on to play an essential role in the space race

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This derail is pretty AUG.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ignite Memories posted:

If the 'skip groove' functionality works why do you need to scratch out the whole track also

It seems like you would want a larger radius arc to cut across instead of that steep diagonal line but I don't see why it couldn't work in theory

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Nazis are human ≠ don't get rid of Nazis

You still get rid of them. You do not tolerate them, you deal with them in the strictest means you must. No one is arguing for Nazis here, or being soft with them.

As I said, they chose to do as they did. Dehumanizing them into mere monsters and boogiemen is how we ended up here. It mystifies them while cleansing them of any human agency. It allows us to hide behind our facade of civility and say "never again" while "again" creeps up behind us because we never faced the structures that led to it.

A Nazi is human, but humans can deserve a crow-bar to the face, too.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A person's humanity being contingent on their category is some pretty Nazi poo poo, imo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DicktheCat posted:

Nazis are human ≠ don't get rid of Nazis

You still get rid of them. You do not tolerate them, you deal with them in the strictest means you must. No one is arguing for Nazis here, or being soft with them.

As I said, they chose to do as they did. Dehumanizing them into mere monsters and boogiemen is how we ended up here. It mystifies them while cleansing them of any human agency. It allows us to hide behind our facade of civility and say "never again" while "again" creeps up behind us because we never faced the structures that led to it.

A Nazi is human, but humans can deserve a crow-bar to the face, too.
Spoken like a true nazi

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Lot of loving sheep here. Nazis are proto-human hybrids with all kind feelings edited out. I'm embarrassed for some of you.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Dark-Fleet-Secret-Program-Battle/dp/1591433444

fake edit: I hate these books. They could at least spend some time trying to link known facts to their BS theories, but these are out and out lists of crazy statements with not even a wisp of evidence that at least the fake moon landing and flat earth people try to do. Apparently the Reptilians use a base-60 counting system because as well all know irrational numbers don't exist under that system and therein lies the source of great technology!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

oldpainless posted:

Spoken like a true nazi

Dude no

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Nazi AUG gently caress off

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

oldpainless posted:

Spoken like a true nazi

what the gently caress man

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Heath posted:

A person's humanity being contingent on their category is some pretty Nazi poo poo, imo

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

lol

Lots of people in this thread real quick to defend Nazis.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

rydiafan posted:

lol

How completely loving bereft must you be to even say this ironically

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

rydiafan posted:

lol

SA is a land of contrasts, comrade.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

memelords

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Heath posted:

How completely loving bereft must you be to even say this ironically

I'm not being ironic. Your response to "Nazis are bad" was "how dare you claim everyone of a category is bad". Real galaxybrain take to claim hating all Nazis is the same as hating all Jews.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

rydiafan posted:

I'm not being ironic. Your response to "Nazis are bad" was "how dare you claim everyone of a category is bad". Real galaxybrain take to claim hating all Nazis is the same as hating all Jews.

My response was not "how dare you claim everyone is a category is bad," it was "having their humanity contingent on their category is bad." I did not come within a loving galaxy's length of saying "not all Nazis are bad," and you're being combative and purposefully obtuse to read it that way. Looking at any human being and deciding they are not human, i.e. don't deserve human rights, is what Nazis do. Saying not to do what Nazis do is not somehow a defense of Nazis. When you start categorizing groups of people as human or not human on the basis of anything other than "are they literally a human being," you start walking down the path that leads you to doing things like throwing people into gas chambers and you keep the company of the same ideologies you claim to hate. So gently caress off back to CSPAM with that.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

"You hate Nazis? Perhaps it is YOU who is the Nazi." - A Take

Let me spell it out for you. Demonizing somebody for what they are (race, sexuality, etc.) is different that demonizing somebody for what they choose to do.

Hating blacks isn't the same as hating racists. Hating women isn't the same as hating rapists. Etc.

rydiafan has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Oct 31, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The C stands for Cassandra.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

rydiafan posted:

Let me spell it out for you. Demonizing somebody for what they are (race, sexuality, etc.) is different that demonizing somebody for what they choose to do.

Hating blacks isn't the same as hating racists. Hating women isn't the same as hating rapists. Etc.

This, honestly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

rydiafan posted:

Nobody said "don't hate them." Stripping a human of their humanity is Nazi poo poo. Period.

What would you do to someone who isn't human? Where would you stop? Would you stop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Heath posted:

Nobody said "don't hate them." Stripping a human of their humanity is Nazi poo poo. Period.

What would you do to someone who isn't human? Where would you stop? Would you stop?

My cat isn't a human and I treat him pretty okay, aside from molesting him like constantly. I will not stop, I got a thicker shirt.