Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

4chan is a logical necessity of postmodernism. So, y'know, probably not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

T-man posted:

4chan is a logical necessity of postmodernism.

This is such an incredibly weird phrase, and is also very correct. That being said, other logical extensions of postmodernism include the off-handed assertion that 9/11 was the ultimate art installation.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

my posts are dadaist

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

cash crab posted:

This is such an incredibly weird phrase, and is also very correct. That being said, other logical extensions of postmodernism include the off-handed assertion that 9/11 was the ultimate art installation.

are you referencing this?

NY Times posted:

WE all sometimes say things that come out in ways we did not intend. This is how defenders of the German composer Karlheinz Stockhausen are trying to explain away the grotesque remarks he made during a press conference in Hamburg on Sept. 17, when asked for his reactions to the terrorist attack on the United States.

Mr. Stockhausen, who emerged in the 1950's as one of a reigning trio of avant-garde composers that included Pierre Boulez and Luigi Nono, was taking questions before a four-day festival of his works in Hamburg. In disjointed comments that were taped by a German radio station and reported internationally, Mr. Stockhausen, 73, called the attack on the World Trade Center ''the greatest work of art that is possible in the whole cosmos.''

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Wait, I meant my posts are daddy-ish.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
no me gusta

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

china bot posted:

He was just predicting the rise of tribute.avi.

Also my posts post-structuralist post post is.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

china bot posted:

Hilariously, no, I was referencing a different artist, and I cannot for the life of me remember his name.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

china bot posted:

no me gusta

yo también

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
yo tampoco

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

text me a vag pic posted:

my posts are dadaist

The Birth of Tenancy Laws: (2010), poo poo on ceramic. A post-structural reinterpretation of DuChamp's seminal work, transcending the power dynamic between "toilet" and "user" by applying a palimpcestic relationship between the perceived function of an object designed to obscure its own function by design. By removing the signified operation of a "flush", the artist has challenged the very hegemonic constructs which the Western world depends on for the circulation of power structures.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

For all sickos in NYC there’s an exhibition at the Met right now about Artist ands dirty drawings. They even have Picasso’s Self-painting of him getting head from a much older model.

The usual Klimt smut too.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

For all sickos in NYC there’s an exhibition at the Met right now about Artist ands dirty drawings. They even have Picasso’s Self-painting of him getting head from a much older model.

The usual Klimt smut too.

wikipedia posted:

The Chapmans then added monster heads to Goya's Los Caprichos etchings and exhibited them at the White Cube in 2005 under the title Like a dog returns to its vomit. Like other interventionists they asserted this was an improvement on the original: "You can't vandalise something by making it more expensive." However, Dinos pointed out one problem: "sometimes it is difficult to make the original Goya etchings any nastier; in one I found a witch sexually molesting a baby.".[16]

Also, I found the other artist's name:

also wikipedia posted:

Public outrage followed one attempt to reclassify an event in art terms on September 10, 2002, the eve of the first anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks, when Damien Hirst said in an interview with BBC News Online:

The thing about 9/11 is that it's kind of like an artwork in its own right ... David Hockney said that it was the 'most wicked piece of artwork'—a lot of people have compared it to a work of art. Of course, it's visually stunning and you've got to hand it to them on some level because they've achieved something which nobody would have ever have thought possible—especially to a country as big as America. So on one level they kind of need congratulating, which a lot of people shy away from, which is a very dangerous thing.[26]

The following week, he issued a statement through his company, Science Ltd:

I apologise unreservedly for any upset I have caused, particularly to the families of the victims of the events on that terrible day.[27]

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

cash crab posted:

The Birth of Tenancy Laws: (2010), poo poo on ceramic. A post-structural reinterpretation of DuChamp's seminal work, transcending the power dynamic between "toilet" and "user" by applying a palimpcestic relationship between the perceived function of an object designed to obscure its own function by design. By removing the signified operation of a "flush", the artist has challenged the very hegemonic constructs which the Western world depends on for the circulation of power structures.

Wikipedia posted:

My Bed by Tracey Emin

My Bed is a work by the English artist Tracey Emin. First created in 1998, it was exhibited at the Tate Gallery in 1999 as one of the shortlisted works for the Turner Prize. It consisted of her bed with bedroom objects in an abject state, and gained much media attention. Although it did not win the prize, its notoriety has persisted.

The idea for My Bed was inspired by a sexual yet depressive phase in the artist's life when she had remained in bed for several days without eating or drinking anything but alcohol. When she looked at the vile, repulsive mess that had accumulated in her room, she suddenly realised what she had created. Emin ardently defended My Bed against critics who treated it as a farce and claimed that anyone could exhibit an unmade bed. To these claims the artist retorted, "Well, they didn't, did they? No one had ever done that before."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

From the page I am on right now, there is also a discussion about the intervention for My Bed:

quote:

Two men jump naked into Tracey's bed, 1999
Main article: Yuan Chai and Jian Jun Xi
A notable case of an unauthorised intervention—which did no damage, yet was still liable for prosecution—occurred at 12.58 p.m. on October 25, 1999, when two artists, Yuan Chai and Jian Jun Xi, jumped on Tracey Emin's installation My Bed, in the Turner Prize at Tate Britain, wearing only underwear. They called their performance Two Naked Men Jump Into Tracey's Bed. They were arrested for their action, but no charges were pressed. Chai had written, among other things, the words "ANTI STUCKISM" on his bare back. They said they were "improving" Emin's work, because they thought it had not gone far enough, and opposed the Stuckists, who are anti-performance art.[9]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm the unused polaroid film

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Tag ursef

I'm the overflowing poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tag ursef

You can't be everything

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Wait, I meant my posts are daddy-ish.

oh hey shmorky

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

cash crab posted:

From the page I am on right now, there is also a discussion about the intervention for My Bed:

not gonna lie, i love it

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Tag ursef

I'm the bottle of shampoo

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

cash crab posted:

Public outrage followed one attempt to reclassify an event in art terms on September 10, 2002, the eve of the first anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks, when Damien Hirst said in an interview with BBC News Online:

The thing about 9/11 is that it's kind of like an artwork in its own right ... David Hockney said that it was the 'most wicked piece of artwork'—a lot of people have compared it to a work of art. Of course, it's visually stunning and you've got to hand it to them on some level because they've achieved something which nobody would have ever have thought possible—especially to a country as big as America. So on one level they kind of need congratulating, which a lot of people shy away from, which is a very dangerous thing.[26]

The following week, he issued a statement through his company, Science Ltd:

I apologise unreservedly for any upset I have caused, particularly to the families of the victims of the events on that terrible day.[27]

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tag ursef

I'm the nice walls having my potential ruined by all the poo poo around me

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Holy gently caress

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm the nice walls having my potential ruined by all the poo poo around me

but enough about my vagina

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Good afternoon, passengers. It's currently 84°, and the time is 4:30PM. Before we lift off here, please allow me to activate your flight or fight response with the following image.

Patricia will be coming around about mid-flight to provide some light refreshments. Please note the AUG Airlines is a smoke-free environment. Thank you for flying with us, and we hope you enjoy your trip to what I am sure will be a significantly grosser post later on.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

have a sip

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I was like "yeah sure fight or fli....oh poo poo" :stonk:

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

cash crab posted:

Good afternoon, passengers. It's currently 84°, and the time is 4:30PM. Before we lift off here, please allow me to activate your flight or fight response with the following image.

Patricia will be coming around about mid-flight to provide some light refreshments. Please note the AUG Airlines is a smoke-free environment. Thank you for flying with us, and we hope you enjoy your trip to what I am sure will be a significantly grosser post later on.

:getout:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

I am piloting the plane right now, so I think you'll find it would be very unwise for me to leave. You also may not leave.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Is this a challenge. Cause I can bring it :getin:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/343553213401923595/480626420859535360/play_me.mp4

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Steward, why does the bathroom smell like it looks? Who did this, what god was the act intended to sully, and why oh why doesn't the bathroom door lock??

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This is what I like: unmined sources of AUG.

T-man posted:

Steward, why does the bathroom smell like it looks? Who did this, what god was the act intended to sully, and why oh why doesn't the bathroom door lock??

The door doesn't lock for the same reason we have a five-image post limit: we don't want anyone hiding anything rude in there.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8jhaljAyG1qgxzu1o1_500.jpg

I exist on discord to share suffering

Edit
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/44/31/b3/4431b3503542954fe9172d5775ccc66b.jpg

UCS Hellmaker has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Aug 23, 2018

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

cash crab posted:

This is probably the least graphic thing that has ever physically nauseated me, so congratulations on the achievement, I guess!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

I hate you so goddamn much. I had earbuds in when I played that.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

cash crab posted:

Heeulgh.
Heeulgh is the noise I made.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlnHcc9EvDI

unsure if schadenfreude or this thread?