Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

text me a vag pic posted:

i h8 hores, man

But Jesus loved the gently caress out of whores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I know I posted this but I just realized its impossible to tell what the weather is like from this picture, some people look like they're dressed for fairly warm weather, but then you have a person wearing what looks like a sheepskin jacket suggesting cold weather. But then they're wearing sandals. Again I've said it before, but what the gently caress is it with loser nerds always dumping accessories onto themselves but not thinking about how they look together.

You're making a mistake thinking those people in the front are dressing for the weather. That's fashion to them. I was a proto weeb and I knew kids that work jackets at all times because it was cool anime badass poo poo. I'm glad I got out of that subculture.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Also magic.

I mentioned this in another thread where it came up, but Rowling made it canon that wizards basically stagnate for decades or centuries because they're really insular and have used magic to solve every problem that Muggles used technology for, so they've never had to develop really past a medieval (or at best Victorian) level of technology and fashion.

The problem is that normally "Do wizards just vanish poop instead of using plumbing?" is the kind of question that a fan asks after thinking about the implications too much, whereas Rowling gleefully took it all the way there herself.

I like how she implies they magically wipe themselves. She's really gone all in.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Harry Potter taking a dump on a toilet

This is less AUG than the author of the book's statement that wizards don't have toilets because they all just poo poo while walking or standing and "magic it away."

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Benny Harvey posted:

Only if you think those people look Jewish....

I don't know that those drawings were meant to be antisemitic but Dahl was very antisemitic. For example, this quote of his is pretty telling "I am certainly anti-Israel, and I have become anti-Semitic.” There's an episode of The Dead Authors Podcast where Ben Schwartz is on as a guest acting as Dahl where he learns on stage that Dahl had been an anti-Semite, weird time to learn that fact.