Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA3M7fjr60Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's part cool science part wtf fetish is this?

The design is almost too good, but the idea of butt cheek winches giving you a thigh Gap in public commiserate with readings from your twat condenser reads as awkward af to me.

For burning man or something? Sure nip propellors ahoy.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dillbag posted:

Iirc I think it was meth

I know a guy who knows a guy that did too much acid and twisted he own ball off. A bunch of them were tripping balls (pun intended) in a ravine and the dude had his hand in his pocket for a long time, then they noticed the growing bloodstain on the front if his pants.

That's not how drugs work. Acid doesn't make you ignore pain. PCP? Sure.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't think it makes you a shallow person to want an engagement ring that you think is pretty and that suits your style, instead of whatever random thing a salesperson talked your partner into.

Right. Wanting an engagement ring at all is what makes you shallow.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I worked in a jewelry store for 6 years and trust me, some women out there will straight up dump you in the store if they get a diamond or set of diamonds under a carat. I've seen it happen. Marketing has gone to these people's heads like you wouldn't believe. If you get less than a carat it means you don't love them. It's insane.

I've seen numerous breakups and screaming fights over the stupidest poo poo like colour of gold, cancelling a hold in another store without permission, picking the wrong size even though that can be adjusted later because it means she's fat and you want her to be skinnier, non-matching rings, you name it.

I was so glad when I left. People shopping for jewelry are loving mental.

And they should be thankful for being dumped before being financially hitched to a materialistic twat for as long as it takes to realize you need a divorce.

Engagement rings belong in the same category as being legally unable to refuse your husband sex and domestic abuse being acceptable. It's a dumb thing from the past we should all be ashamed of and move on.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I proposed to my wife at the end of Sims Park Pier in Euclid, OH, Spring of '85 after spitting a bottle of wine. I said, "So do you want to get married?", and she said "Hell yeah". That was 31 years ago. Anyway she picked out her engagement ring, and it was only 1/4 caret because anything larger looked "fake" in her mind. I dunno, I think it was a good plan.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
idgi, what's wrong with this dude? He seems to have lost weight and gotten some tattoos, and I don't even see any of those "photoshop shrink rings" you often see in bad weight loss fakes.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Speaking as a GA resident, I haven't seen it ruin anyone's life. Hell, it helps some people get elected.

It's like Mr Pink's views on tipping. He isn't wrong, but if you do what he suggests you're still an rear end in a top hat.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why anyone cares. It's just the magic equivalent of what actual rich people did before plumbing. This should just be "lol useless fact" the same as if it was revealed that hagrid has a mole on his thigh shaped vaguely like Vermont. Like.. okay.

Even if you are a big fan, caring about this in any way is the real AUG.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Right. Take a poo poo and use your power to make it go away.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I hate to break it to you but they just pissed in the hallways in palaces.

https://lifeoftheroyals.wordpress.com/2014/08/04/the-toilets-or-lack-of-of-versailles/

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
IDK, I'm always reminded of Merton's Strain Theory and Cooley's looking Glass self when people make fun of these guys.

Are they deserving of such ridicule? Quite often, yes. But I think doing so might be more harmful than helpful. We just reinforce their beliefs by doing so, and make it that much harder for them to ever be anything other than who they are now.

I'm torn because obviously we should call out awful behavior, but sometimes we are just making fun of people for being a little weird and that doesn't really seem any different than bullying.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It doesn't matter because then you are dead and the thing that experiences pain no longer exists.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
On the contrary, learning that babies are a pain in the rear end and that you can accidentally murder them if you don't drastically alter your normal behavior is an invaluable lesson. People still do stupid poo poo with real babies and you have to wonder if they would have had they taken the class.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is just belittling people for looking odd.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of perfectly good reasons to be dressed like a pirate, and your attempt at bullying me says a lot about your motives.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Idk, for me if you choose to wear pissy diapers or gently caress anime dogs, these are choices you made. That guy just has a weird looking face, if he were normal looking those pictures wouldn't be ridiculed. I'm not the AUG police or anything, I'm just saying it doesn't feel the same.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It appears to be part of a photo shoot, and again if he were attractive this wouldn't be posted here. I think his face just looks like that.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm the inexplicable tarp over everything.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Hes gonna piss up the wall and into the AC unit?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The parents in my neighborhood all put the kids outside pretty much all weekend, and we just came home for lunch or dinner. Nobody supervised us, we just wandered in the woods and poo poo.

There is something to be said for teaching your kids responsibility, and for protecting them, but there has to be some middle ground between watching them all the time and leaving them unsupervised most of the time.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Awesome, you took a picture of someone irl so you could make fun of them online. That's the real AUG

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I didn't argue whether it was AUG or not, I'm calling the photographer a dickhole.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
They look like they are having an amazing time. Is that what meth does? I should start doing meth.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That standup has to be a bit. I don't believe anyone could be that unfunny for that long accidentally, and without the audience turning on him.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
At this point knowing who Moby is means you are old rather than the other way around.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

Speaking of purity balls, there is no way this elected official hasn't taken his daughter to one

Someone pointed out that this was a joke, but uh, "I want to gently caress my daughter" hasn't ever been a funny joke. Maybe to conservatives because they actually want to gently caress their daughters, but to us regular people, this is not normal behavior.

As dumb as this is, nothing in it implies he wants to gently caress his daughter, only that he doesn't want her to get hosed. It's still dumb, but not as awful as you are asserting.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think we can all agree that anyone who cares enough about anything to tell you about it constantly is awful, especially since we're all dead inside and can't fathom caring about anything that much.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

uvar posted:

Goebbels? Boomers love Nazi memorabilia? If that's autocorrect I'm stumped... gerbils? goblets? gold bowls?

My money is on Hummels

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I always thought it was weird that people didn't seem to understand the plot or themes of fight club despite their painful obviousness.

People feel the need to belong to something, and they will do pretty much anything to accomplish that goal.
We are presented this psuedoanarchist narrative as a counter to the cult of consumerism, but the narrative itself is guilty of nearly all the same pitfalls as the ideology it purports to be contrary to.

A good bit of the story was basically telling you that anticonsumerism isn't a substitute for a personality, and railing against capitalism as a means of attaining self worth by using anarchy as a means of attaining self worth is basically doing exactly the same thing.

The irony of being told to think for yourself as a method of keeping you from thinking for yourself and getting you to adhere to the norms of the group shouldn't be lost on anyone.

This concludes my Ted talk.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tashilicious posted:

this is what you to do terfs

So close.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Behind Maslow posted:

My friends had a roomate who was antivax, flat earth, antisemitic, anticircumcision, chemtrails everywhere, etc. :psyduck:

Any sane adult should be against circumcision. Genital mutilation is bad, unless it's your culture that does it then it's just the best.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

This bowl of mac and cheese has no mac, and no cheese, but it was phased out so slowly that there is no meaningful point where it stopped being mac and cheese. Let's hope his brokebrain doesn't know about the ship of Theseus.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
As a child I refused to eat anything but french fries for like a year. I'm told that I turned kind of green. I don't recall that part. I do vaguely recall a fairly traumatic hospital visit though.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good on your parents for letting you learn from your own mistakes instead of making you eat something else every once in awhile.

I don't know if you have ever dealt with a small child, but you can't really make them do anything on that level. All you can do is react one way or another when they fail to comply.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

I mean, I kinda get it. it's not good writing but I understand what the sentence is trying to convey.

She is sexually mature, but intellectually immature.

I don't know why you would need to convey that idea. But it's not hard to understand, despite being awful.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

ItsDisposable posted:

See I read it as "brave but stupid" but she's a GIRL so TITSTITSTITSTITS.

I guess that is a valid interpretation. I was reading it more crudely based on the sentence as guts referring to up in them rather than determination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Edit: sorry double post