Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’m garbage at buying gifts because something broke in my head and all I see when I go shopping is plastic poo poo that has had a negative impact in the world, might provide a spark of joy upon being received, and then years of being junk in one place or another until it takes up its share of a landfill.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I thought that was a tasteful marble pattern from the thumbnail :sigh:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

smooth tim

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

There's also overlap in general between stereotypically nerdy pursuits. The kind of person who owns a fursuit is probably also a Doctor Who and Jurassic Park fan who likes going to ren fairs and owns at least one corset.

no?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

So you just own a fursuit then?

hell yeah I made one for fun and it's cute

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're acting like the Nazifurs and babyfurs -- or as we call them, pedophiles -- and the like are the majority. They're not. The furry fandom tries to be as inclusive as possible because the majority of them find themselves ostracized and outcast, usually for being LGBGTQ+, and as such many of them are afraid to speak up against the more problematic members.

But that's changing. The fandom at large is telling Nazis and pedophiles and other garbage to get the gently caress out of their spaces, that they are no longer welcome, because there is no place for hatred and abuse in a community that's supposed to be about expressing yourself and finding respite from the world at large.

I don't care much for furry stuff, but I've had the pleasure of meeting some really, really cool ones -- some of which are on this very forum, some in this very thread -- and with only a few exceptions they're as good or better than most other people I know. Most furry-haters are either stuck in the mid-aughts, closet homophobes, are both.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

who cares, yolo bitch

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're starting to sound like one of those dudes who dismiss transfolk by saying, "Hey, if a dude wants to call himself a woman, who am I to care? Sure, I'll call him a girl, whatever floats his boat." You know, the ones who casually refer to gender affirmation surgery as "mutilating his dick."

Like, who the gently caress cares what normal is? Have you seen the world today? We have Nazis again. We have white supremacists with token black mouthpieces spreading their rotting screed. We have literal concentration camps along the American southern border and the president is a jabbering half-senile pseudo-billionaire reality show host. Normal can go gently caress itself, normal led us to this, normal has become a sick parody of itself, so if someone wants to express themself by modifying their body, I say go to it.

:hai:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

goons still hung up on dumb poo poo that doesn't matter from the mid 2000s and thinking they're the most normal of all

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

^ what did the original say?

Julius CSAR posted:

Everything related to Homestuck seems 100% dumb as hell

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's in comic sans

T-man posted:

not all furries are trans, not all trans people are furries, but there's a statistically significant overlap between the two.

:hai:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nazis are AUG, tho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

screaming idiot isn't wrong folks

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

T-man posted:

human feet gross, gimmie the jammy paws

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Somfin posted:

Things suddenly start going right on earth, corona dissipates, global warming ceases, hyperstorms turn back and earthquakes only hit unpopulated areas as the ecosystem comes back in full force, humans become immortal and good looking and accept each others' differences easily and everyone's lives are better, three centuries of paradise later the communo-president demands to know why and the neo-Pope of the Church of the Grinders opens the great vault to reveal ten millions of these faceless mouths chanting endless mindless meaningless songs into the void

One of them said the Right Words and no-one knows which one so they just keep all of them running forever because the true god of the universe has heard us and is answering

:unsmith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

choosing your name yourself owns

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

clockwork chaos posted:

The dude version are car guys

thank you

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Adbot