Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

In addition to the obvious, I also hate that his shirt alternates between caps and underlining for emphasis. Pick one and stick with it, you vacillating fuckwit!

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Jun 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Photoshop. That said, lipedema is a real condition and while obesity can be a factor anyone can get it provided the genetics and hormones are “right” (it runs in families and is much more prevalent when estrogen and progesterone are dominant which is why you see it mainly in middle-aged and older women).

Women with lipedema are at a higher risk for obesity because of the way fat stubbornly collects in their lower extremities, but they still have to consume an excess of calories for that fat to accumulate. Lipedema is no more the cause of that's woman's physical state than a genetic tendency toward heart disease is of killing someone at 38 after a lifelong habit of eating fried chicken and lard for dinner every night.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah but, again, that's really the least of her concerns. She's obese to the point that she might not even have lipedema. Uneven fat distribution is common in people that heavy simply because the body kinda freaks out and doesn't know what to do when it reaches such extremes.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Just less, not none. :(

Even in 2018, this is still the internet. I'm not sure anywhere can confidently claim none.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

She looks like a sapient cocktail umbrella, but she is fuckin' owning it.

Edit: also, miracle of life AUG

https://i.imgur.com/ZjFic0P.gifv

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Jul 10, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

cash crab posted:

Also, I didn't notice the cat until you pointed it out. That picture is like a Where's Waldo of sad personal decisions.

The worst parts are definitely the overturned scratching post and the festival bag rupturing under the strain of serving as an improvised trash can. The perplexed kitty looks healthy and well cared for, though, so that's a plus.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Depression is a bitch.

I've never had these cringe-level of mess in my room, but theres been times where I couldn't be bothered to clean for weeks. A garbage bag of food boxes next to my desk because taking it to the kitchen takes too much energy. The cycle of taking the heap of laundry off of the bed and put it on the chair at night, taking the heap of laundry off of the chair and put it on the bed during the day. Repeat for a month. Then one day I'll get inspired to clean, fix everything in probably 20 min and its like a weight being lifted.

So yeah, mental illness is a root cause for a lot of this stuff.

Keep sharing pics, the fear of what it could become helps me keep on top of my personal mess.

Yeah, this. That's why I said the tipped over scratching post and shopping bag used as a makeshift trashcan were the saddest parts. They're signs of a person who knows they're not doing well and wants to do better, but everything is just so loving hard when life is a poo poo.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dixville posted:

For some reason I was thinking this was much older than that, not that 8 years is a short time but idk I am just surprised I guess. Stupidity is timeless.
I also never saw the actual honest and surprisingly detailed response to those pics before!

The internet is making time weird. 2010 is right on the border for when social media went exponential, so it feels like something out of a different era. poo poo, it was only a year before in '09 that Facebook overtook Myspace as the biggest social platform.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nurge posted:

Yeah the 7 blade face turbofuckers are completely pointless, and replacement heads cost so much I'll need to mortgage my house. I should just go back to the disposables. It's bad for the environment but at least I'm not getting hoodwinked by some corporate idiots who don't know what to do to rebrand besides add more garbage to the handle.

Get a safety razor. They're cheap, low maintenance, and generate a lot less waste than disposables.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

cash crab posted:

I like the idea that God is a perfect designer, since he also created men (who have nipples and the majority of their reproductive equipment dangling vulnerably within kicking distance) and also the three-toed sloth, who is so slow that it grows mold and sometimes drowns because it can't paddle when it inevitably falls asleep in, and then falls out of, a tree.

Does this mean God is also AUG? In this essay, I will

My favorite example of "stupid stuff god made," is the recurrent laryngeal nerve: a cranial nerve that innervates the throat and larynx, but loops underneath the aorta because evolution is a butt. It exists in all terrestrial vertebrates, so giraffes have one that's like twenty feet long.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Huh, that's a new one for me too, but I'm not going to knock anyone for trying to be hygienic.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

bony tony posted:

can people please stop quoting it, I really hate it

I do hope you understand that, by saying this, you've guaranteed it will get quoted at least a few more times.

Edit: see, I didn't even finish this post before it happened!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Per Wikipedia,

quote:

Otomycosis is a fungal ear infection, a superficial mycotic infection of the outer ear canal. It is more common in the tropical countries. The infection may be either subacute or acute and is characterized by malodorous discharge, inflammation, pruritus, scaling, and severe discomfort. Suppuration can occur due to superimposed bacterial infection commonly due to pseudomonas species and proteus species. The mycosis results in inflammation, superficial epithelial exfoliation, masses of debris containing hyphae, suppuration, and pain.

Fungal infections can spread through the air or direct contact, depending on the variety. So, if you touch a contaminated surface or scratch your infected foot and then stick that finger in your ear—BOOM—potential face fungus.

Anyhoo, since this is the AUG thread, have a picture of some ear shrooms:

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Aug 3, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kids still go to Hot Topic?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Is there a dating site out there that has, like, a minimum competency test? Seems like there'd be a market for it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Did you mean IED, cause, uhh...

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

datajugend posted:

Wont that dry out his mouth and have him start losing teeth?

honda whisperer posted:

I have so many questions. Like how the gently caress can he eat or drink anything? All I can come up with is both holes covered with his hands plus a straw.

The hollow plugs are only for when you want to freak people out. Usually, you wear solid plugs so that you can do basic stuff like eating and oral hygiene.

Example:

They're still a bitch for potential infections and a bunch of dental issues, a'course.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

We Know Catheters posted:

I came across this Tumblr and can't really process it

http://ilovelivia.tumblr.com

There's a subset of men out there for whom the ideal relationship is the one depicted in Stephen King's Misery.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

jobson groeth posted:

At least it seems he and Livia hate Nazi's.

Ehhhhhhhhheuhhhhh

As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I used to write fics about sadistic girls before the Livia thing started. I don’t write those anymore but I thought it would be interesting to have them in this blog. So there it goes: #Fic 4 posted:

By mid 1945 she hears about Germany’s defeat and goes insane. Suddenly reminding of your jewish origins she starts blaming you for everything and submits you to the most painful torture session ever ...removed a bunch of random torture poo poo... When your life is finally over she gets her Luger and commits suicide.

After commiting suicide the valkyrie inside that chinese cutie’s body is finally set free to go back to Valhalla. However, she was so pleased by the what she experienced during her lifetime as a small but tough asian girl that she decided to resurrect that body, incarnate it again (this time fully conscious), resurrect you as well and take you to Valhalla. There you gonna be constantly forced to satisfy the sexual needs of your former captor (who still has the appearance of a cute chinese girl) and get tortured to death by her, and then resurrected in order to get tortured again and so on…untl the Ragnarok comes.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 11:42 on Aug 19, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Stuff like this always makes me so ambivalent because I can't help but think what a person who needs a life-sized My Little Pony sex doll would get up to if they didn't have their life-sized My Little Pony sex doll.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kullik posted:

I had a thought about making a thread somewhere where i talk about their weird internal conflict between "sadbox" and "hugbox" where basically some people paint fluffies as sympathetic and with some level of depth and others just want to jerk of to dead/dying fantasy creatures. I never did it because i have zero confidence in my posting and i dunno where that would even go.

You see the same thing with a lot of fetishes. There's always a contingent that ties elevate it beyond the level bizarre boner material. The ones that are really successful can even reach full-blown lifestyle proportions—BDSM, Bodymod, Furries, etc.—obtaining a measure of community and broad appeal. Something tells me fluffy ponies lacks the oomph to make it over that particular hurdle.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Every face behind him is amazing

That's not even the picture, this is,

Full context, most of those women are there supporting Kavanaugh and their reactions are to the "horrible injustice" he's enduring. Still though, that loving picture is some America in 2018 poo poo.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Snoo posted:

did this picture make anyone else profoundly, unbearably sad

Yo. Growing up, I lived in a house only a few degrees shy of that one—similar state of clutter and disrepair, but less squalor—and I spent plenty of time hanging out with people in places just like it.

The people you meet who're stuck living like that, it's not that they don't try, but that they never really had a chance to begin with.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ten kids and they're both in their late 30's, drat. Spending half of your adult life pregnant does not sound like a fun time.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 06:16 on Oct 6, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The gently caress does #yolobathsalts mean? Are they talking about the drug?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Do men know that tampons aren't sex toys?

I remember reading a personal account from a young woman whose father found one of her tampons and started shouting at her until she managed the very awkward explanation that it was not, in fact, a sex toy.

Apparently, he was utterly baffled by the concept. A grown man, with a daughter.

Bobby Digital posted:

Nebraska did that a few years ago.

And the issue wasn't the number, but the age. They forgot to add an age limit to their law so kids ranging from 11-17 were getting dumped at hospitals by their lovely parents.

A Time article

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Oct 10, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Xanax doesn�t absorb into the mucus? Shouldn�t she be high as balls?

They were presumably inside the same pillbox that's shown in the picture.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Dude obviously works out and has a sense of humor. This dude is cool.

The joke is that his shadow has a tiny dick. Maybe it's just the angle, still funny though.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Giant Bomb's very own Dan Ryckert won this contest. He and his wife Bianca did indeed get married in the Taco Bell chapel in Vegas. It's a lot less AUG than you'd expect. Dan is a weird guy, but he's very self-aware and honest about how most of his adult life has been a slow process of learning how not to be an idiot. When the subject came up on one of GB's podcasts, I recall someone asking him how his then-fiancee felt about the idea, and his response was roughly, "she's cool with it. We've been together for years, so she knows what I'm about by this point."

To give you some sense of his character, here is Dan's infamous Egg Whites story.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 08:16 on Nov 2, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

And I can't help but think Fortnite is going to end up in the trashheap of fandoms, along with HS, and Sonic and others being so prevalent and in your face constantly once these kids grow up a bit and they make changes that the OG playerbase hates.

More likely it'll go the way of Minecraft. A money printing juggernaut that rolls unceasing until the next big thing comes along. Companies the size of Epic generally have enough professional PR and CM staff to keep the worst parts of any fandom out of the spotlight.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Anyone who attempts a public proposal without running it by their partner first is a horrible human being that deserves to die alone.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

T-man posted:

Also now I'm thinking about Post Your Favorite Fetish. Good idea or bad idea raccoon mom?

My go-to for this topic is always :nws:MEET TOMMY: An Exploration of Private Body Modification and Play:nws:. It's a series of interviews and personal accounts from the extreme body mod community compiled by Shannon Larratt, a cool and very forthright dude who unfortunately died of a rare muscular disease. The book is fascinating, and there's a free PDF version in the link, but fair warning, it gets pretty gnarly. There are pictures. As an example of the things you can expect to encounter, there are several stories about individuals or couples using a Burdizzo.

It's a tool for castrating farm animals and—surpise—it also works on humans. Honestly, probably the most AUG thing about the book is how infrequently people involved in the community consult with doctors after performing what amounts to self-surgery.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Metaline posted:

My husband was friends with Shannon for decades and he unfortunately died from suicide, not from his illness.

He did? Mea culpa, I thought it was the myopathy, but still, that sounds more like euthanasia than suicide considering what the disease was doing to him. The description of his pain from the last blog he posted is pretty horrific,

Shannon Larratt posted:

The last three or four years have been a daily struggle, beginning with a multi-layered pain made up of a never-ending, never-lulling dull throbbing from the core of my muscles beginning in my legs and eventually spreading out over my entire body, coupled with a constant burning sensation in my skin that made it impossible for me to feel anyone’s touch without it being a bitter agony.

If that was my daily experience, I don't know if I'd make it even three or four months before heading for the exit.

Edit: On reflection, I probably should have clued in based on the content of that very blog post, but in my defense, it is a tough read.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Nov 7, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

She's an emergency response person of some very advanced type and they met while he was covering Hurricane Katrina, iirc, and she was running some crucial emergency response function.

It was at the 2008 RNC. Oliver and his camera crew got in trouble for entering a restricted area, so they hid with a group of veterans to avoid event security. His wife happened to be one of the vets and they hit it off. It's weird that she's a Republican, but I can understand why Oliver would be willing to overlook that,

The Daily Beast posted:

When Oliver was offered his current gig hosting his own show, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, at HBO, his Daily Show departure was huge entertainment news. But as Oliver tells it, Norley knew just how to keep him humble. As the comedian was making a career-defining move, his wife was on emergency deployment in the Philippines as a first responder to Typhoon Haiyan. “I got to speak to her once on this spotty satellite phone,” he recalls, “and she’s saying, ‘We had to do emergency C-sections and amputations and there are dead bodies everywhere, it’s worse than people are letting on, it’s just death, death, everywhere.’ And there’s no point at which you can go, ‘I’ve got some news as well!’ It just doesn’t matter.”

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'd loved to call that poo poo that didn't happen, but life experience has shown me too many times that those events are well within the realm of possibility.

Much as it sucks to grow up and realize your parents are backwards and bigoted, I can't imagine how horrid it is for a parent to watch one of their kids fall into that abyss and feel powerless to pull them back out.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Nov 14, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

bike tory posted:

That came up in another thread recently, I forget where. It's almost certainly poo poo that didn't happen.

Like I know people with kids who have gone down the hole of incel/red pill/whatever and it sucks but too much of that is contrived imo.

This is going to sound snide, but I'm being absolutely sincere when I say I'm glad you've lived a life which makes that story sound contrived.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

bike tory posted:

Really? The parts where he is all generous and kind to her daughter's poor but noble black boyfriend?

People who aren't racist but end up with racist children will often overcompensate and fall all over themselves trying to prove to you that they're not racist out of shame and a deep seeded fear that they did something very wrong in bringing up their broken kid.

Sometimes they did. Sometimes they didn't. Either way, it is a poisonous brand of insecurity.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not implying that I know for certain if the story is real or accurate, only that nothing about it falls outside the realm of plausibility for me.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Nov 14, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yep. Horsehair worms.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The realm of parasitic worms is one full of every body-horror you could imagine. Ten seconds of web searching is enough to fuel a lifetime of nightmares.

Speaking of: guy comes in complaining about abdominal pain, doctors open him up and find pounds of giant roundworms infesting his lower intestine. The video below contains what I just described, so click the link at your own risk.

:nms::nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pEGIY_DS0Q:nms::nms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I'm single and haven't been on a date in years because I am terrified by my own insecurities and have zero faith in my ability to appear human under close examination. Good enough?

Also, happy birthday.