Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Is death-fat more or less than infini-fat?

'Death-Fat' is, (as far as I know), the land whales trying to take back the term "morbidly obese" by making fun of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

what the gently caress are those shorts??

I thought they were bike shorts for people who ride a lot, and need extra padding on their arses.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Do these 'Deaf Community' snobs have a hierarchy of sign languages? Is there one that one needs to use to be 'authentically' Deaf?

Because I recently found out that American Sign Language is as different to Australian Sign Language as English is to French, even though ostensibly they are both using English. And French Sign Language is a different thing altogether.

So let's say an Australian Deaf person meets a French Deaf person and an American Deaf person, they wouldn't be able to understand each other. I think there might be similarities, and they might be able to muddle through, but communication would be difficult. So would they look down on each other, for not speaking their Sign Language, and therefore not being deaf enough?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Mackers posted:

Shame it didn't happen that there was just one "universal" sign language.

Thatd be handy (:v:) as gently caress I'd learn it myself

Sorry for the silly, potentially disrespectful, question.

But was there ever an Esperanto attempted for Sign Languages? Or did they try, and much like Esperanto, it died in it's arse because nobody bothered to learn it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

She needs loving therapy, this level of obsession isn't healthy

Yeah? Well teh so-called "religion of peace" wasn't healthy to all those patriots and good honest white people that died in those towers either, you freedom hating commie!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

All this making fun of Ben Shapiro's dick is well and good.

But if the accuser had described Kavanaugh's penis in detailed, millimetre perfect, medical detail, Shapiro would have gone "The allegations are obviously false. Nobody remembers a dick in that much detail/no dick is that much different to other dicks. She is making it up."

The whole point is Shapiro won't ever believe her, or give her accusations weight because she is a lying female whore, and Kavanaugh is a straight white man in authority.

The other thing which relates back to that is that to Shapiro everything is politics, and that everything in politics is my team=always good, your team=always bad. And Kavanaugh is Shapiro's team, (white, straight, male, anti-abortion) and the accuser is on the other team, (woman, saying mean things about one of our guys)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Tim Allen is a rapist

This I didn't know. I thought his prison time was coz he was a coke dealer.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Tashilicious posted:

Parents are giving their children bleach enemas to "cure autism" so I can't be surprised anymore. Just disappointed and depressed.

How do you make the link between "My kid has a problem with how their brain works" to "I'll cure it by pouring a toxic cleaning solution up their arses!"?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Sorry to bring this back, but what did Tom Arnold and Barbra Streisand do to deserve the ire of the conservative grifters?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Great Metal Jesus posted:

The fact that a bunch of angry white boys from Iowa (okay or at least Corey Taylor, no idea about the other 8 dudes) ended up staunchly anti-Trump is pretty rad, ngl. Especially given what's happened with Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, and approximately 80% of black metal.

I was pleasantly surprised at how charming, personable and funny Corey Taylor was on the episode of QI he was on.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sorry to bring back in women's clothing, but what the gently caress is happening with your sizes.
Men's might have a little more or less depending on manufacturing, but holy poo poo. How is the same label size so loving different with ladies?

As I understand it, it has also got a lot to do with vanity sizing.

Which is when a bunch of women said "I don't want to be a size 16, coz that makes me feel fat" so the clothes manufacturers said "OK, you are a size 14 now" by simply changing the numbers of the sizes and moving them all down a level. This led to absurd poo poo like size 0, and size -1 being a thing.

And then you have different brands/manufacturers have different arbitrary measurements for their arbitrary number sizes.

Wheras with mens sizes, your S, M, L, XLs etc. are vague enough that each size has a little wriggle room regardless of brand/manufacturer. Or in the case of jeans/pants are an actual number in centimetres/inches for the waist size.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The thing that gets me about Ren Faires is that all the stuff described sounds like good honest silly fun. Dressing up in a medieval costume, drinking beer/ale/mead, wandering about in the sun, talking in a silly accent and saying Milady, Forsooth etc.

But Ren Faires also attract the kind of people to whom all of that is not goofy fun, but instead serious business(tm), and as such needs to be respected. You know, "it's a lifestyle" type folks, who do not appreciate the johnny-come-lately's who don't get it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Slippery posted:

Um excuse me, actually it's canoncially 'sweaty' ( :) )

Of course he's sweaty, he's tucked his wooly lamb vest into his pleated highwaisted slacks.

Poor dear. At least he is wearing comfortable shoes.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, that is gross........who's T.I.?

He's a singer who has publicly admitted that he goes with his teenage daughter to the doctor regularly to have her medically examined to see if she is still a virgin. And he bullies the doctor into showing him the results.

And he does not seem to understand that this is a horrifying gross thing for a father to do.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

That tank consented once it got in the battle field.

If there's tanks on the field, play on.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it is fun and silly = cool and good.

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it gets your rocks off = cool and good, (with the usual caveats that you get your rocks off consensually, and with legal adults.)

Dressing up in a silly animal costume in public because it gets your rocks off, and getting your rocks off in public = creepy and bad

Making your entire identity and self worth be based around dressing up in a silly animal costume because in reality your soul is a rainbow coloured 7 tailed magical fox with a spiked dick = creepy, sad, mockable, and bad

Furry lover or Furry hater, I don't think any of the above can be argued with.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Here's a hot take(tm)

Big Bang Theory is the "nerd" equivalent of Tyler Perry.

Insomuch as it is objectively horrible and bland, with major problematic aspects. But otherwise reasonable people will tie themselves in logical knots to explain why it is actually good, when in reality they only watch it, (bear in mind I didn't say like it), because of representation, (it has people of a type that aren't represented in other mainstream media).

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Silly Newbie posted:

You should probably stay away from that. Not wanting kids is fine. Not liking kids is fine.
Someone acting like they are somehow superior for not wanting kids, because obviously children are a horrible burden that only morons want or like, is gross. Think about people saying the phrase child free like drug free, or sugar free.

Yeah, "Child Free" is much like "Gamer", insomuch as what it literally describes, (someone who doesn't have/want kids or plays video games respectively), is fine and good. But if you use it in capitals and claim it as part of your identity, then it is a huge red flag that you are a fuckwit.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

I'm gonna laugh with fulfilled expectation when not one woman signs up.

Nah. I think that there will be a bunch of trad-wives dragged along by their husbands, a bunch of trad-wife wannabes that will go to find a husband, and outnumbering the former two will be a whole lot of lady grifters who will sweet talk their way into getting in for free and then jumping onto the lucrative alt-right speaking circuit by going, "yeah, all modern women are sluts and cuckers, unlike me who is dumb and blonde and sweet and loyal. GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

My Puppetry of the Penis story:

Ages ago, (more than 20 years), when I was on community radio in Melbourne I met the original bloke who started the whole thing/stage show.

At their annual ball, I was there because I was a presenter, and he was there because he was a friend of one of the more famous presenters. Anyway, I was taking a piss in the toilets, and he came in to also take a piss. One of the other men in the toilet noticed him and said hello, and so he decided to debut some new things. So a bunch of random people, (including me), who were in the toilet at that particular time crowded around a man who proceeded to show us his penis, and make interesting shapes with it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Well, at least he took her to a classy restaurant to take a picture of her disgust to post on the internet in order to make it up to her.

That will surely get him back in her good graces. Maybe she will even play his make pretend card game with him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

More like old ringless

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

My 7 year old niece is named Emma. But she is special. Unlike all those other basic bog-standard Emmas.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

1) Aww how sweet, two men found love and adopted 3 male children. What a progressive, pro LGBT rights person the owner of this car must be.

2) Just as pee is stored in the balls, The stuff that makes up orange crayon is stored in the knees. This picture is merely a depiction of a crayon factory. They pay the workers in pizza. And Shrek and Fiona are just taking the factory tour.

3) I would pronounce these kids names as: Mack-kell-tea Ray-lee-anne and Draw-sun Lint-Lee-may. As to whether they are boys or girls, I couldn't and indeed shouldn't assume.

Picture tax. What one's hands look like after a career wicketkeeping in the lower leagues in Yorkshire.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

My brother was very nearly named Vivian, (after Viv Richards), but mum shot dad down by telling him that it was generally a girls name in Australia. So instead he was named Andrew after Andy Roberts.

And as much of a fan of the great world-beating West Indian cricket team of the 70s/80s as my dad is, he didn't realize that the Andy in Andy Roberts is short for 'Anderson'. Also, if he still wanted to name my brother after Sir Viv he could have called him Issac or Alexander, as the great man's full name is IVA Richards.

Alexander would even have kept the theme, as I also have a name starting with A taken from a member of the West Indian team from the 70s/80s.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

holy poo poo
Amateurs or underpaid?

Russian.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

gleebster posted:

So you're skinny and hairy? I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Related question:

What are fat hairless guys called?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've asked this question before, but what do the Trump sons do for a living? What is their job?

Also, was it Don Jr. or Eric. that neither Don nor his wife wanted in the custody battle?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

T-man posted:

if you never found sex toys in your parent's bedroom as a kid we can't be friends, you've never known true suffering

e: or legal guardian/parental figure

I'll have you know that my parents are virgins. And for you to insinuate that they enhanced their mutual pleasure by incorporating sex toys in their lovemaking is slander!

Sick, perverted slander.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand... Guy is super alt-right, but isn't being gay something the alt-right hates?

The right always needs one or two of "one of the good ones", to trot out to prove that they don't actually hate the gays/blacks/women, just "those kind" of people, if you know what I mean wink wink.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Re Roald Dahl being a racist:

In the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book, the Oompaloompas were dark skinned pygmies from "Oompaloompaland" who were "rescued" by Willy Wonka to become slaves in his chocolate factory. And were grateful to their white master for taking them from such a horrible place and allowing them to work for him for free in a factory.

Considering he grew up as an immigrant in pre-war Britain, you might think he would know a little bit about racism. But considering he is also a posh, light skinned, public school educated toff, you can also understand why he would have such views about "the darkies".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Serperoth posted:

They don't think trans men exist

I think it's more that to them, trans men are just self hating women. So harmless, and can be ignored.

But trans women are evil violent perverted paedophillic men who are out to both rape women by using the ladies toilets, and corrupt young boys by forcing them to wear frilly dresses and become women, (which even though they glory in their own womanhood, is a horrible thing to be forced to be).

So it's not that TERFs don't think trans men exist, its just that they don't think they are as dangerous or unholy as trans women.

A related question, what to TERFs think of Drag shows? Coz they are a "filthy ungodly perversion of traditional gender".

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Radio Paranoia posted:

Elon's going to have to have that chat with his kid some day.

The young Musk scion will just change his name to something like Duncan Jones. Just like the real Duncan Jones(Whose birth name is Zowie Bowie)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

His birth name was "Duncan Zowie Jones", his dad - who never legally changed his surname from "Jones" - just called him by his middle name as a kid. Giving your kid a "unique" name as their only name is something you need to be a proper loving idiot to do.

Thank you. I didn't know that. Sorry for my half-knowledge.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

If the goal is to treat it more like a mental health problem then you want mental health advocates, not LGBT groups.

Serious question:

Is there a push to have paedophilia treated like a mental disorder? Is there a push to provide anti-paedophilia therapy, or rehabilitation in prisons? If so, what is the current thinking/procedures?

Essentially I am asking is there any sort of proper medical/clinical studies on how to "cure" paedophillia, or at least treat it, so they don't offend again.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I am so naive about the weird and disgusting ways that paedophiles try to get themselves mainstream acceptance, that many years ago, when South Park had their NAMBLA episode, I didn't know that it was a real thing.

As in, I remember arguing with people that nobody would let a group like that exist, nor would anybody ever join it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Two questions: Is Sir Didymus a dog or a fox? Who knighted him?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Lakedaimon posted:

There was a guy in my workplace - former Navy - who took a bite out of a urinal mint for a $10 bet at a retirement party.

This reminds me of a prank we did in High School.

We superglued a 1 dollar coin to the floor of the urinal, and one guy spent the majority of a lunchtime fishing about in the pissy water failing to pick up the coin and getting progressively pissier just for a single coin.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

They are in a forest, there are plenty of trees to piss on. Why are they keeping it in bottles?

Edit: Whilst there are lotsa pervert brony drawings of the ponies with realistic human vaginas, what about the gay male bronies and straight bronettes? Why aren't there as many perverted drawings of ponies with penises to satisfy that market share?

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Oct 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Are there any people who boldly admit that they were wanking with produce/shampoo bottles? If so, these people are awesome!

Secondary questions: What happens to the cucumbers/zucchinis/carrots you remove from peoples arses? Do you give them back? Do they ask for it back?
With the suncream/shampoo bottles, are they empty, full, or half used? This is very important.