Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

https://reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/gak2gf/i_said_if_spy_closed_green_today_i_would_drink_my/

Really brings you back to older days of SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

e: maybe the don’t lean thing is actually from the IOSM thread

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

If you're not low-key loving with people every time you leave the house, why even try?

Use plastic vodka bottles for water, wear two hats and three watches, put WW2-style kill marks on the fenders of your tiny commuter car, embrace chaos, embrace opossum, disfigure the face of man and woman. Ïa, Ïa, Cthulu fhtagn!

Got it, like this?

https://imgur.com/CdYWXMu

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Apr 3, 2022

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

It's been a big year for men attacking people with feces:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/arts/dance/goecke-dog-feces-critic.html

New York Times February 2023 posted:

On Saturday night in Hanover’s main opera house, Marco Goecke, a renowned German choreographer, smeared dog feces from his aging dachshund, Gustav, on the face of a dance critic.

Now, five days later, Mr. Goecke, 50, has lost his job as ballet director there. On Thursday at a news conference in Hanover, Laura Berman, the opera house’s artistic director, announced that Mr. Goecke was leaving his post “by mutual agreement.”

That decision might be expected to draw a line under the bizarre affair, which has made international headlines and shocked the dance world.

But Mr. Goecke’s career is far from over. In a telephone interview, Ms. Berman said the Hanover State Ballet would continue to perform his work; on Feb. 24, his piece “Hello Earth” will be part of a triple bill. Mr. Goecke’s works are “incomparable,” Ms. Berman said, and his art should be viewed separately from the unjustifiable incident.

“I do not believe in cancel culture,” she added.

And Mr. Goecke will retain his position with the Nederlands Dans Theater, an acclaimed Dutch company, for which he is an associate choreographer. On Tuesday, in a statement posted online, the company said that Mr. Goecke’s behavior was “contrary to our values” but that he had apologized.

The company is scheduled to perform Mr. Goecke’s “In the Dutch Mountains” across the Netherlands over the coming weeks.

Wiebke Hüster, the critic Mr. Goecke attacked, said in an interview this week that she had been so stunned when it happened that she began to scream. As soon as she composed herself, she said, she reported the incident to the police.

Ms. Berman, who was alerted shortly after the incident occurred, said it left bystanders “frightened he might do something else.”

In a telephone interview on Thursday, Mr. Goecke — who has been charged with assault — said he had “apologized deeply” for the incident. What he did to Ms. Hüster, who writes for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, was “truly an awful thing,” he added.

Newspaper coverage of the incident, though, had focused only on the dog feces, he said, whereas he wanted to start a debate about what should be allowed in arts criticism. Newspaper critics, he said, should not write in “a personal and hateful way,” especially when theaters and opera houses were still trying to tempt audiences back after pandemic shutdowns and interruptions.

“I’m still not free of this anger,” Mr. Goecke said. Ms. Hüster had written just two positive pieces about his work during his career, he said, and he felt many of her reviews were attempts to damage him.

“If I’d been a woman and the critic a man, this would be seen differently,” he said.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

Is 'mewing' quackery? I knew a guy who swore by it.

No this looks cool and healthy to do all day