Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

T-man posted:

do you use mayo as lube serious answers only

Okay, so you were never a student or had to actually work for a living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

LostCosmonaut posted:

When I was a student, I didn't use mayo water, I just did normal terrible food things, like trying to make spaghetti and meatballs with ramen, ketchup, and pieces of hot dog (it didn't work).

Okay, so you were never a student or had to actually work for a living.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Pull up, thread. Pull up!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Not just the job, but soon his nursing license.

Nursing boards, like the NLN and whatever his state's board of nursing abbreviates themselves to, will pull your license if you get a moving violation and don't report it, or a domestic violence charge, or any felony or unreported misdemeanor, if a hospital fires you for just cause, etc.

It is easier to buy and keep guns than it is to keep your nursing license. Additionally, most states are members of the Nursing Licensure Compact, so he'll never be able to skip states and retest into a new license. Effectively banned for life.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I quit as a tech and started nursing school so I wouldn't have to work as hard :v:

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Nov 10, 2018

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not seeing a refutation of the little hosed in the head statement tho.

Anecdotes point to yes.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Surprised it's not the Patriot s2 scene

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Trust me, I can't spoil that scene any more than the show itself did. Plus I didn't even say who it was.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
reported for sass

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
While working as an optician at a Shopko a coworker thought I had hit it off with a customer, and gave her my number unbeknownst to me.

Turns out she was a hoarder that only ate frozen pizza and spaghetti. 9 years later we'd finally broken up (with the last 3 engaged) with me literally joining the Army in the middle there somewhere to try get away. I slept on a couch packed between unopened moving boxes for years because she'd lose her poo poo and threaten suicide if I didn't "open them properly."

I'll never buy spaghetti or frozen pizza again, and now I've got this complex where every six months or so I throw away anything I own that isn't tools that I haven't used in that period. Anyway, that's fun!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Life somewhat imitates art I guess? But she didn't have five cats in that clip, or have an estranged mother who lived in the woods and worked for the early Tea Party campaigns in rural Idaho, who thought the government put radios in your teeth.

I May have a picture, lemme look.

E: I seem to have deleted the worst ones (for good reason), but here's one that may give an example? The chair is six feet from the wall to the right.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

bike tory posted:

I can smell it from here

Gross. The wireless adapter for the 360 was such a ripoff, and slowed loading from the HDD due to how the USB bus was handled internally. That M600 mouse, though - that's a beaut.