Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

bulletsponge13 posted:

Sorry to bring back in women's clothing, but what the gently caress is happening with your sizes.
Men's might have a little more or less depending on manufacturing, but holy poo poo. How is the same label size so loving different with ladies?

Men's sizes are based on actual measurements. a 32x 30 pair of pants will fit a guy with a 32" waist and 30" inseam 75% of the time. Women's sizes are based on voodoo, what will make them feel less "fat", and the roll of a D20,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

It gets a little worse. For some reason, the Mormon church elected to bring all the missionaries back at the same time (about March 22nd) at which time their families (at least 100 people) met them at the airport in violation of various social distancing guidelines.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My friend’s brother sold his house and just got hosed out of like 5 flat screen TVs because they left them up during the showing and the buyer had it put in the contract that the TVs were part of the sale. His own fault for not reading the contract carefully I guess but still.

That's when you make clear that the remotes would be included for an additional 10k.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

How did she get 10 pounds of rocks through TSA I wonder? Seems like it would raise some questions if your carry on was filled with nothing but smooth rocks. Seems a little dangerous too since, if the plane hits turbulence, you've suddenly got 50 rocks flying around the cabin. I honestly thought the payoff was going to have something to do with feet since it always does on airplanesand was happy to be let down.

They're emotional support rocks.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Jabberlock posted:

Mostly I'm remembering an argument about a multi-thousand dollar digital cable doing some made-up magic stuff to make the data go through the cable better. Like, the ones and zeros aren't changing dude.

https://gizmodo.com/audiophile-deathmatch-monster-cables-vs-a-coat-hanger-363154

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Dear Prudence posted:

What the gently caress is it with the old testament and villagers coming to people's houses demanding the guests of the house be sent out to be raped? What the gently caress was going on in Israel that this was common enough practice?

I've always imagined it was like one guy in the crowd yelling "yeah, bring 'em on out so we can gently caress 'em" and that's what got written down. Really though, the original Hebrew is a little hazy on the gang rape in Sodom and it was probably referencing the need to interrogate strangers who may or may not have represented a threat to the city. Sodom and Gommorrah's wickedness was merely unkindness towards strangers, not necessarily rampant perversion.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

BiggerBoat posted:

I expected 2 half gallon cups full of root beer Diet Coke.

You just need to keep the bucket after finishing the chicken. Refills are free if you're dine-in.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Ahh yes, the well established hominid, lupine, capriciation theory of evolution. Eventually all mammals just want to have their smarty high school phase, werewolf rager 20's, then gently caress it I'm a goat 30s where we just eat grass and get hair cuts until we die.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Mister Speaker posted:

Are there actually folks who drink fly agaric pee from like, their tribe shaman who is constantly high? Or is that some racist malarkey?

Seems like some Water of Life poo poo.

I thought it was from reindeer?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
All that and no cherry. loving mixologists have ruined drinking just like budtenders ruined getting stoned.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

He clicks his tongue when he wags his finger too lmao. Like, you're wasting bitters and a napkin, not pouring accurately without a jigger, and acting smug about doing it all wrong. That drink should take about a minute to make tops. It isn't even a very good old fashioned!

And what's up with all the goddamn ice? It's all watered down before going in the glass and he's wasted two nice cubes, not to mention each cube has its own plastic bag. Just wasteful.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

But that clearly isn't a place for flair bartenders. The bitters aren't in a dasher bottle, just the one it comes in. It's pretty clearly a little hotel bar or something, and this dude almost certainly got chewed out by his manager for wasting that much clear ice.

Or it's a ploy by the ice company to sell more ice to rubes.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

Rube cubes

There's a pube on my rube cube.

Oh it's from his moustache. Which is somehow even worse

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I get douche chills or whatever even when someone is pouring a drink and for whatever reason has to lift their pouring hand really high up and then bring it down? Why? Why do that? It's loving stupid. Stop trying to look impressive. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who do that are just doing it because fuckin Tom cruise did it or some poo poo.

One thing to remember is that Cocktail was about TGI Fridays.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Alternate timeline Charles and Camilla.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Now that's the correct way to make an old fashioned.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I can't bring my conditioner but Shrek can bring a jar of butter?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Paladinus posted:

That's just a traditional Aussie thing.

E: Shoe drinking, I mean. Not vtubing or lying about being a hoarder for clout.

Black Bear Diner deliver in Australia?

Nah, this is all American baby!