Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I want to grab every one of these guys, sit them down somewhere quiet, and just repeat "the clothes don't make the man the man makes the clothes" over and over again until they get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

...did all of those women look at overpriced curtains and immediately think "this. This is our new style?"

None of those are dresses. They are all curtains and belong on windows.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

Aren't they from the prom for some really upscale school in Russia?

I have no idea I was just browsing the thread, saw that, and immediately thought "you are wearing curtains. That's what you are wearing. You have garbed yourselves as if you were windows."

People can wear what they want but that choice of clothing is...more than slightly confusing. I won't judge really but I'll certainly be confused as hell.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It took me entirely too long to realize that said "jugalette." I was like "Tug...something? Tuggo...tuggolette? That makes no sense at all!"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Intoluene posted:

This just makes me miss the goon lair thread.

Wasn't at least the last one from a goon who was trying to live cheap so he rented a crawl space for a while? I think I remember reading the post. He was all like "yeah this isn't me anymore but I lived this way for a while. Too broke to rent anything decent and you have to sleep somewhere, you know? I didn't have anything and spent all my money on a computer so I just slept on a mattress in this dirty root cellar."

I think another one of those pictures was also from somebody who was literally squatting their parents' basement. Like they timed when they went upstairs to shower, use the bathroom, go buy food or whatever based on when their parents were or were not home and if they were around just hid in the basement and made no noise until they left or went to bed. Like their parents literally kicked them out for doing something lovely enough that they totally deserved it. So they made a big production of moving out but...uh, just kind of hid in the basement instead.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RabbitWizard posted:

I tried to joke because SA doesn't like Penn for some things.

I think SA just dislikes him for his terrible political opinions. As an entertainer he's pretty incredible but as a person he's a bit of a shitter.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I just listened to a song by them and what could this many members possibly do in this band?

Also it was horrible and I didn’t last more than 90 seconds before I turned it off. And that was the most popular song by them on amazon music.

They basically always have a string section. Not in the "one or two guitars and a bass player" way but in the "multiple violins" kinds of ways. I think when they perform a couple of them just dance. There are actually a lot of things a "band" has to do; even a band with three or four performing members probably has support crew if they're big at all.

I actually like the Crüxshadows and still mostly listen to various flavors of industrial, spooky electronic, and gothic music. I think Winterborn is a very good song.

...it's me, I'm the AUG. :ohdear:

For the person that asked how they lasted 25 years, well...people enjoy them? :shrug:

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Jun 8, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zipperelli. posted:

Hasn't this been ruled a criminal act?

Probably somewhere but I also imagine that because it's creepy as gently caress but relatively harmless and probably pretty rare (dear gently caress I hope it's rare) nobody bothered to think about it from a legal standpoint.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
No, no, no, no, NO!!

You're all wrong. A pop tart is a stew.

The Earth is a wheel of cheese.

The Moon is a hologram.

I just poo poo my pants help.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's meat the whole way down.

Meat flavored meat garnished with meat wrapped in meat-infused meat.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Helping make a thread title for the AUG thread is always an emotional cross between pleasure and pain.

Really the hardest part is picking a title. This thread is very good at producing them.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

twistedmentat posted:

And I hate how guys who grow beards just think "hey i'm going to stop shaving" and that's it. You need to wash it, clean it, brush it, make sure poo poo dosn't get into it. But nope, they'd rather get their epic beard full of special sauce.

I recently chopped my beard off but I got into a fair number of conversations about that. It actually takes more effort to properly maintain a beard than it does to shave, especially if you let it get big. If you don't properly tend it a beard gets disgusting and it does it fast.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Is that...

...is that Masaokis? Has the prophet returned?

Will we once again relive the majesty of a toilet steak?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

walrusman posted:

My part of the country is overdue for an earthquake of biblical proportions. I live and work on opposite sides of a river spanned by outdated and fragile bridges. I've started assembling a car kit to account for the possibility that I'll have to abandon my car and walk home through less than ideal conditions. The state emergency management agency is now suggesting major infrastructure like roads and utilities could be down for months in such an event, and recommends households keep supplies for three weeks of self-sufficiency. I don't have any delusions that the current administration would cancel its weekend plans just because of a pesky catastrophe in a blue state.

It's easy to laugh at the kooks prepping for RaHoWa but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. There are plenty of good, wholesome, sensible ways to make yourself safer with very little effort. It just requires a more reasonable ratio of clean socks to knives.

The prepper folks take being prepared for a disaster to an insane and pathological level. Like yeah it's a good idea to have stuff handy if you're in a disaster-prone area (well, just in general really) but most of it is stuff you should have anyway just a general rule. I remember growing up mostly it was "here's where we keep these things, if poo poo goes down make sure you know that." Everybody should have a few knives, some rope, a first aid kit, a flashlight, candles, and something to start fire with because those are just useful things in general. It doesn't cost much and you don't necessarily have to have it all i a bug out bag that you can grab at a moment's notice. If you're in a situation where you have to leave right god damned now then serious poo poo is going down.

You also don't need to have a dozen guns and several years of food. If things are that bad then God help us all because poo poo is hosed. Then again these people think they'll be Lord Humongous and not Random Bleaching Skeleton #10,924. Unless society is totally breaking down you only need a few days of basics, really. Enough to wait until emergency crews start showing up or enough to walk your rear end to a place that is less currently burning down.

Of course growing up I also learned how to get creative with surviving. These dweebs that have a bajillion different things so they're ready for literally any situation don't actually get survival.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
They're just fluffy adorable little psychopaths that would totally murder you if they were bigger.

But they aren't and you feed them so they tolerate you instead.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BaronVonVaderham posted:

But with the upside of not having to deal with reddit.

With the worst poo poo filtered out. Like hey thanks, I enjoy not being on watch lists.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Bath Tubs posted:

Yeah living in filth to that degree is an amazing visual example of how a mental issue can affect a persons life. I've had issues with depression at points in my life but never to the extent that I let my filth just pile up like that. For me at least seeing people live in a literal garbage pile is just a visual reminder that you can't really understand what its like living with a serious mental issue unless you experience it yourself. To a certain extent you have to blame the people who do this to themselves but at the same time if they are just letting this happen its a pretty clear sign that they need some sort of help and maybe something is mentally blocking them from seeking help.

Brains are hosed up man, at least with a computer if you gently caress up your operating system you can just wipe it clean and start fresh.

It isn't even necessarily depression. Chronic pain can also cause that as can mobility issues. We live in a society where asking for help is considered a bad thing. It's a sign of weakness. You must be self sufficient!

Sorry but no. If somebody can barely walk then it's fine for them to ask for help and it's good to help them. Same with depression, really. Yet things getting that bad is also shameful and must be hidden which just makes poo poo even worse. Nasty cycle.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

gey muckle mowser posted:

huh, I didn't know that. I've only ever used JS for simple web page stuff.

JavaScript keeps popping up in places where it doesn't belong. Node.js is a horrible abomination. It always confused me that Unity supported it. Hell it isn't even that good for its intended purpose.

I'm saying that JS is terrible.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

I use pink lady razors all the time to shave my face. They're cheap. (I'm a guy)

Aren't they generally sharper as well?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Just stop shaving.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

It ok to admit you want to suck those bear tits, you bear tit sucker. No one cares.

I care!

...I care that he might miss out on that. :ohdear: Poor guy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So we have to have people grow more balls to compensate. Got it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Why are goon testicles so goddamn messed up? Go see a ball doctor.

Because we keep pee there, both inside and out.

We can't help ourselves ok?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Reiche posted:

I can't even begin to imagine the horrors you encountered

Sounds like you've never worked with the public in any capacity.

You ever wonder why everybody that's been a janitor, a restaurant employee, or a convenience store worker has a thousand yard stare? We've seen poo poo, OK?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That burning orb you see in the sky?

Yeah, that isn't the sun. :smaug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Basebf555 posted:

A lot of this stuff doesn't really manifest itself until kids are well into their teen years where they are not going to listen to a word their parents say. It's not 8 or 10 or 12 year olds who are buying body pillows and watching weird anime, maybe the seeds for it are planted at that age but as a parent you aren't going to see the glaring red flags until it may be too late. That is, unless you're literally willing to kick your 16/17 year old out onto the streets, because teenagers will totally take the conflict to those extremes if you push it.

I think you have to be very proactive as a parent so that it just never has a chance to start, like how you've said your kid spends a lot of time in his room playing video games. Well, I did that too, but my parents were very clear about limiting that time and forcing me to go outside and interact with friends from school or around the neighborhood. So when I hit that age where maybe an isolated teenager would turn to more unhealthy habits, it wasn't going to happen because I had a healthy, active social life. And I still have a lifelong love of video games so you can have both.

I'm going to guess that anime-obsessed weirdos dating pillows are outliers among outliers. I also wonder how many of them have emotionally neglectful parents that didn't allow them to develop proper social skills so they looked, well, elsewhere to get their emotional needs satisfied. Given how many of them are overweight and probably have an actual, legitimate addiction to anime I really wonder if the story is more sad than gross.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Teddybear posted:

Yeah, Florida has very strong sunshine laws, which means that an insane amount of government records are open to the public with ease. The downside is that, as a result, a cottage industry of essentially extortioners has set up that harvest police reports and mugshots each day, publish them on their website, and then require a removal fee in the range of ~$300 to take down the listing. Even if there's no conviction, even if the arrest was wrongful. This happens in several states, but Florida is particularly rife with it.

The guys who ran those sites went to jail. Not sure if they got convicted but California was very not happy with what they were doing and charged and arrested them. I think it was extortion or a lot of slander or something. Even so those sites were all run by the same like two guys and it was very damaging to a lot of people.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jukebox Hero posted:

Fat people who are like "Yeah I'm fat pass the fuckin tater tots" -> cool and good, do not ridicule, they know what they're about

people who insist they're totally healthy and being obese has no effect on their life, even though they need a special wipin' stick to wipe their rear end because they're so fat they can't reach the hole anymore: this person is lying to themselves and should be mocked for ignoring factual reality, not because they're people of gravity

It's the same way a vegan dude who is like "Yeah I don't eat meat but I'm not gonna get offended if you order a burger or whatever" is totally cool and fine and that choice deserves to be respected but if the same dude was walking around being all holier than thou and constantly trying to shame you over your own dietary preferences, then you can go "gently caress that dude, he's an rear end in a top hat"

You just gotta make sure you're slamming on somebody because of their stupid, crazy brain instead of whatever that brain has done to their body.

The thing that gets me are the HAES and TITP types that absolutely refuse to believe that any problems in their life are caused by their morbid obesity. When somebody starts suggesting that the doctor weighing you is fat shaming then something has gone wrong. Like yeah fat shaming is bad and all but HAES is literally killing people. Being too huge shortens your life and causes all sorts of problems. There's no way around it; the medical literature is pretty specific on this fact. The people that can barely walk because they're 600 pounds but then demand that their doctor treat them like they were a thin person with joint issues have lost their drat minds. If something is causing another thing then you fix the cause. If morbid obesity is why a person is diabetic, can't walk, and has heart problems then of loving course the doctor is going to say "hey you need to lose weight, that will fix all this poo poo." Suggesting that it's wrong for a doctor to ever say that is just nuts. If an alcoholic goes to the doctor and the doctor sees the typical progression of alcoholism of course the doctor is going to say "hey you should go to rehab and quit drinking. It's killing you."

Like when This is Thin Privilege people start demanding that everybody else find them sexually attract it's like...no, sorry but that's insane. Nobody is obligated to be attracted to you and, for better or for worse, a lot of people find obesity gross. You can be fat all you want but there are consequences to it and "fewer people will want to gently caress you" is just one of them.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

I don’t think your suppose to put it up your butt.

Like that ever stops anybody. If it fits in an rear end it's been in one.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
This might be surprising but some doctors are only in it for the money and don't give a poo poo about anything other than "am I making $250,000 a year?"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Notice how low the bar is set here? the biggest obstacle to having fun with D&D is getting a semi normal group of people together. Most of the stereotypes are real (body odor, poor hygiene, sexual and social immaturity) but it's a fun time if you can get the right people. there's a whole thread of (mostly) terrible gaming experiences here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460258

You know, I've been a pretty big gamer for as long as I can remember, and it is genuinely baffling how many people in the game world can't even be bothered to put any effort at all to even approach that hurdle. It makes me legitimately happy that my sense of smell doesn't work right. I can't imagine the horrible smells I've been spared.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

shelley posted:

yeah, tumblr is basically held together with duct tape and chewed gum, it’s amazing that the website functions at all

That describes literally every website. It's baffling that the internet works at all. Really the whole thing is constantly on fire all the time.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Lol, just loving lol, if you don't have Enrique do your existing for you.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

cash crab posted:

I can't remember if it's 600lb Life or another documentary, but I remember this guy going in for stomach stapling surgery being tasked with losing a bit of weight in the hospital and somehow put on weight. Turns out his wife was bringing in Big Gulps and junk food for him. He ends up dying of heart failure or something.

That happened a lot on that show sadly so it probably was. People would sneak food into the hospital and the doctor would see right through it. He started with the "make some changes and lose a few pounds first" stuff to see if they would actually make changes or figure out where the problem was. Codependent stuff was a big one. If his patients wouldn't change their habits enough to lose even 10 or 20 pounds he'd refuse to do the surgery as it was probably pointless. There was even a guy who did get the surgery who complained that he had trouble losing weight or keeping food down and the doctor was just like "yeah you went back to your old habits. You can't do that. The diet changes are forever."

That show could be so incredibly depressing.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I was an instruction-reader as a kid, so I knew this rule, but I’ve never once played or heard of a game with it in play in my entire life.

A lot of common Monopoly house rules are nowhere near the actual rules.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
There was a year and a half of my life where the only thing I had to eat was my own toes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Considering that a depressing number of hardcore gamers are actual white supremacists it never struck me as ironic even if its origin was sarcastic.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mocking Bird posted:

I work for CPS, people say all kinds of poo poo to try and make their child�s disappearance from their lives seem normal (�normal�) or sympathetic. You can�t just turn your 7 year old in at the fire station, though - child abandonment is a crime, it turns out.

What state was it that accidentally changed it so you could just drop any kid off at the fire station? No idea how to find the story again but I read that like a decade or two ago some Southern state repealed something or another that made it so the "you can drop off a new born at certain places if you can't possibly take care of it, no questions asked, so we don't have babies dying in dumpsters" thing applied to anybody under 18. For a few months people were driving in from neighboring states to ditch literally all of their children.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That list is just way too long. They could have just written "I hate literally everybody" and left it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Burt Sexual posted:

What's that one with greek letters and poo poo mean?

Molon labe. It basically means "come and take them." It refers to guns now. It originally was something some Spartans said.