Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Save your reality from the Constructors... then save all the rest of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Oh my God I need more follow up, this is the worst

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Please loving tell me these are trolling

Just say it even if it's not true

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

T-man posted:

They're holding the N64 controller all wrong too.

Oh my god it's awful

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This man has been 25 years old for 30 years...the tragedy.

Honestly I was confused why it wasn’t a little kid’s hands with the Atari joystick. You could probably pull off an interesting art piece by having different ages holding the controllers and nail the fine details of the fashion you can see (shirt cuffs and shoes) to match the era, but as-is it looks like it was made for a long, navel-gazey thinkpiece on Gen X as the first generation to grow up with video games.

That's what I thought it was going for then I realized it's some basement room full of sterile shelves of classic consoles that this apeman has never physically played outside an emulator.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Tubgoat posted:

Why on earth would you put that in your profile?

Other people put something vague like "loves kids" in their profile no problem! You try to be specific about your tastes and suddenly it's "ohhh, please come downtown with us sir, we have some questions for you."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

If you didn't spend all that money licking avocado off toilet seats you'd be able to afford a toilet seat of your own to lick

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

"How do you do, chum. Might I trouble you for the time? My pocket-watch has- ah, I see. You've your airpods in. Cheerio."

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

grittyreboot posted:

I bring books into work and people constantly ask me what I'm reading. I wouldn't mind except I mostly read pulpy sci fi/ fantasy and I'm too embarrassed to explain the premise.

I stopped asking what people were reading when literally every time I saw a co-worker reading a book they'd start with "oh so this girl gets abducted, raped, and brutally murdered so--" or "this woman gets raped so--" and I decided there was a genre there I wasn't into hearing about.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Ignite Memories posted:

i think i remember her from that movie

princess monokini

Moro this sort of thing, please

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

I think there may be some of that "wordplay" stuff involved in the etymology, but don't quote me

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

nockturne posted:

Polar bears.

Polar bears have clear fur.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Violet_Sky posted:

Someone posted this

Augh, Christ! Disgusting and tasteless!

Keystone!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

food court bailiff posted:

everything about that looks totally awful and yet casting Carrey as Robotnik is so crazy and inspired that I'm morbidly curious

I'm kind of hoping Robotnik's perspective makes up most of the movie. Just see him working through invention after invention like Wile E. Coyote.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

The worst hair thing:. I live behind a high school. That means my yard is the lint trap for teens.

My god, there's been so many times I got my guts ready to clean up a dead animal only to find it's the ugliest weave I've ever seen. Lots of weaves. Endless amounts of snack packages and fast food wrappers, but the weaves are the worst. They just look so hosed up, wet and bedraggled on the ground, the mesh lining looking like drying flesh curling in the sun.

Highschool kids are so nasty. Hair is so nasty. Everything is just so, so nasty.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Dreadwroth2 posted:

The theatrepub I worked at for a while had some dude decide that, yes the urinal is a completely ok and normal place to take a tremendous poo poo.

As long as he gets a hand in there and mixes it up real good

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

BattyKiara posted:

I had a weekend job in a cheese shop in secondary school. We had one elderly man who would come in, ask to sniff various cheese samples, and then sick up on the floor in front of the counter. The owner of the shop was "customer is always right" type, and told us to keep on giving him samples if requested. BAD JOB!

I suppose no point in you both making a show of intolerance

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Iron Crowned posted:

They kept the menu, and just chucked food on it instead of asking for an extra plate.

Depending on how deep into the day's service that is, that could be pretty drat disgusting. One place I worked at only got a chance to give them a cursory disinfectant wipe at closing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, we were basically a fast casual Taco Bell, the disinfectant wipe wasn't always guaranteed.

Oh hey, mine was also a casual Mexican eatery, must be traditional to have most of the food displayed as a texture on the plastic menu.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Like drinking a sourdough starter

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

mojo1701a posted:

Can I make a request? I've been trying to find that DeviantArt wedding photo with all of the couple's favourite fandom characters filling up their backyard, but I can't find it. Been trying to show that picture to a friend and she doesn't believe it exists.

Wasn't that in a church or party house? I seem to remember some of the larger characters being forced to peer through the window to watch, which would piss me right off if I spent the time and money to get to their wedding

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

mojo1701a posted:

Thanks for reminding me of him.

Also, holy poo poo, I found it. I ended up googling "GamemasterAnthony wedding" and I found it. It's not him, but damned if that wasn't the clue I needed to find this:

Why does it look like one of the bridesmaids is a completely normal woman?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

TinTower posted:

I don’t think seating Arya next to the Night King was a good idea.

They came as a couple. They had an incredible meet-cute to start off their relationship.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I think it might be Lorelai Gilmore? I don't know who anyone in the front row of either side is supposed to be though

And only two black people in the whole church! Couldn't they have invited Lando at least??

All I see is the guy with the red bionic eye in the very drat back. Who else is black? Besides Darth Vader and The Black Knight (lol)

Lando would have worked. Geordi, Guinan... Why they didn't invite Finn if they were aware of the new trilogy by this point is beyond me...

Why hell, there could be Samuel Jacksons enough to fill their own row if you like.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

gey muckle mowser posted:

Nick Fury + Black Panther. also the guy in the second row from the back on the right, I don't recognize anyone between Monty Python French knight guy and I think Sherlock on the left.

Ah, my lack of comic knowledge is showing. Never seen Nick Fury, but I watched Black Panther and failed to spot 'im.

I don't recognize that guy on the right either. In fact, it pretty hard to recognize anyone "normal" because the likenesses are so poo poo-poor you need props to figure it out

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

I kind of want one done with the audience being characters from sit-coms. You got the Frasier people and the Cheers people sitting together, and the Office takes up a row with Parks and Rec behind them, there's 30 Rock palling around with Community. The Always Sunny gang is doing shots in the back with peeps from Brooklyn 99, while Mark tries to pull Jez away to join the IT Crowd peeps. New Girl, VEEP, The Good Place, etc. They're all there, having a great time.

My groomsmen would be Charlie Kelly, Winston Bishop, Troy Barnes, and Jack from Will & Grace.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

I'd believe a Gushers fruit snack over a jolly rancher

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

He actually slaps in some fake teeth and goes "durrrr" as a punchline to a joke. Who

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

I thought it was purposeful

An unavoidable wall of noxiousness

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

text me a vag pic posted:

just poppin a squat in a parkin lot

That's a great hook

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Labes for days posted:

I saw a woman and her kids in the local hippie grocery while looking for orzo and one of them had like three mats in his hair.

My brain took "orzo" and "matted hair" and made some horrifying recombinations so thank you

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Welp.

I guess I can keep eyes on my child for the rest of her natural life, why not?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Scathach posted:

Like....to who?

Alexander Pope, for plagiarism

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Or an attempt at Robert Smithson's "Spiral Jetty" in Utah.
https://www.diaart.org/visit/visit/...on-spiral-jetty

Girthworks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Why doesn't his mouth/eyes situation stop moving? He's just clapping!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Tubgoat posted:

I was certain the spoilered text was .

I thought it was gonna be "my chair!"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

fuzzy_logic posted:

I ran across the saddest series of videos on fb awhile back - a friend of a friend's fiance had passed away suddenly, leaving behind a hoard of funkos so huge she had no idea what to do with them. People persuaded the widow to list them on fb and they'd buy them to help her out, but there were so many she couldn't even do photos for listings, so she made videos panning over each one. The total video time was over 2 hours. Imagine that being your legacy, just a bunch of loving plastic garbage so huge it becomes a burden on your loved ones just trying to get rid of it.

gently caress, that's a blow.

I'm trying to leave behind tons of notebooks full of the lamest handwritten fiction ever so when I die someone can either pore through it all like a man obsessed or toss it out.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Scathach posted:

Dude. I get that your dad is a cop and he's great but that doesn't mean all cops are good people.

I grew up with this guy (and his super awesome cop dad!) and I don't understand how he turned into such a jackass.

Who could feel uncomfortable with armed men granted state power to violently enforce their biases with impunity?

Criminals!!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Technocrat posted:

https://twitter.com/flpsq/status/11...9619287041?s=19

When people don't realise that Greek and Latin had different alphabets

This is loving infuriating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Come play my CYOA!

Hirayuki posted:

Those fuckers were using the "spent" radium byproduct in playground sandboxes.

When I read poo poo like that, I'm like someone had to know, they had to understand what it did and they were just evil