Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Being a woman on the internet is wild, y'all.

I got some creepy ones I kept; the craziest was a lawyer that sent me nearly twenty messages all during a Saturday, being pushy about me giving him my number, and devolving into how his time was super important and telling me how much he made in an hour, threatening me, and claiming I’d never be able to afford the bar he had suggested anyway. I blocked him and reported him; he made a burner account to call me a oval office about a dozen more times.

(The ‘compliment’ was two months after the first message)

One guy messaged me, all it said was ‘Hey how are you?’. His profile picture was his penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

computer angel posted:

Wow, two separate souls in two separate bodies. Beautifully poetic.

Before the follow up, I sent that to a few friends for a laugh.

‘Two separate souls in two different bodies’ yeah, that’s just two different people.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Violet_Sky posted:

Guys I found the master race. :allears:

The misspelled hashtag really adds a little something .

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mammal Sauce posted:

It's Karen Carpenter's son.

:drat:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Found it on an antiMLM subreddit.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Tag yourselves, I'm SPORT'S NUT'S

I wish this was set up like a bingo card.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cessna posted:

Pagan's what?

PAGAN'S what??

Pagan's loud mouth women.

Pagan should really get them to hush up.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Guys, was it this thread that someone posted a supercut of the most cringe-worthy bits from an incel episode of Law and Order?

I'm trying to find it to show a friend.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ugh, dozens of poors are coming. Well I simply refuse to buy a second bag of fun size assorted candy! I'd rather be a bitter rear end in a top hat to those children.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Arbeit macht frei tonight

LOL

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Soysaucebeast posted:

Anytime I've dated someone and it started getting serious, I always sat them down and told them that a public proposal is a deal breaker for me. I have social anxiety to begin with, and I hate being the center of attention. Mix that with the fact that if I say no then I'm the bad guy, and it's an instant break up for me. I really upset one guy by saying that, but screw you, I'm not a prop for your ego.

A good friend of mine's boyfriend popped the question to her via the Jumbotron at a Red Sox game.

At the engagement party she called me a 'loving downer' when I said a proposal of that caliber is like, my worst nightmare; being put on the spot like that.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Magnus Manfist posted:

I mean obviously it worked for them? Maybe they'd already discussed getting engaged, both like grand gestures and poo poo? I mean it sounds awful to me too but telling someone their proposal is your worst nightmare at the actual party celebrating that proposal does indeed sound like being a loving downer

It was 100% a surprise to her, and she was saying how my boyfriend at the time should go the 'huge public surprise route'.

I'm probably a downer, but that sort of spectacle ain't my cup of tea.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Picnic Princess posted:

Well, they used to. They shut down their PVC department about a year ago. They contacted my boss that they wanted unload $50,000 worth of product on us. We offered $9000 and they accepted. We had I think 8 7-foot tall pallets full of thousands of animal dicks and titties.

I hope I get you as my SA secret Santa! :v:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Picnic Princess posted:

The thing that bothers me the most is in 2018, when goth aesthetic is popular in the mainstream and really great black makeup is available and affordable, these fuckers are still using drug store kohl pencils for their eyeliner AND lipstick.

Probably can't afford the good stuff:

quote:

But Lia, 20, insists she fell in love at first BITE with the unemployed
38-year-old father-of-five – who claims to hail from the same region of
Romania as Vlad the Impaler.
Despite the 18-year age gap and their unconventional relationship, Lia insists
her parents approve of Aro – who discovered he was adopted by a London
couple when he was a teenager, before changing his name from Glen Layton.

The entire article is cringey and has more awful photos
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/870995/vampire-couple-drink-each-others-blood/

LadyPictureShow has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Nov 16, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

Why are the vampire people always ugly as poo poo? If they were really immortal they could take a drat walk and save up more than $3 for makeup. For godssake if they looked like Morticia and Gomez and if he wasn't popping out kids left and right maybe someone would believe them. gently caress. I'm mad about fake pathetic vampires.

It's a different fake pathetic vampire couple in this story. But it's still an older dude with a 20 year old.

E: I should add the picture.

LadyPictureShow has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Nov 17, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sponge Baathist posted:

im wearing a Mr. Cool Ice longsleeve shirt as I make this post.

Just like this one but medium not XXL

Where would one find such a shirt? I still got some holiday shopping to finish.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy poo poo, he's kept going!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Christ, 'anime club!' had me expecting this old goon-made chestnut

TLO Roll Call

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wait, Jesus, that's an actual picture of the guy? I can only see it as a photoshop of his head onto a too-small body

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I remember reading some article years back where the author admitted she was so nervous on a date she pulled her gameboy out of her purse and started playing it in front of her date.

I remember that article. In a similar vein, my brother's first serious girlfriend did that at a wedding reception.

In the photo album you could see her in the background hunched over tapping her stylus instead of interacting with anyone. Apparently she didn't leave the table the entire reception. Of course she got razzed about it (still does, even though they've been broken up for like a decade).

IIRC, her reasoning was 'I didn't know anybody'/didn't like most of my brother's friends. But drat, at least do some mingling with your date.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Picnic Princess posted:

Headphones aren't a deterrent if you're a lady. Too many times I've had men mime talking at me to get my attention and then laugh about how I couldn't hear them even though I could hear just fine, and if I say that with headphones still in place, I get the "Awww you're no fun!"

And then if you happen to be reading something they tell you to smile more. My response is always deadpan "I'm reading." but they keep trying to talk anyway.

I hate people.

Can confirm. I was on the metro once, and the douchebag next to me pulled out one of my earbuds to tell me I smelled nice.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Deified Data posted:

I am an extraordinarily chill person and having an earbud accidentally torn out of my ear by my own movement makes me unjustifiably angry. I cannot imagine the gall of someone who would do that on purpose to someone else. They have to know they're pissing you off.

Like, a normal person would probably tap a person on the shoulder and say 'I like that perfume you have on.' But nooooo, that would respect personal space.

It only ranked slightly lower than the other thing that creeps me out ear-wise. I have a lot of blingy ear piercings. Normal people might say 'I like that blue and white piece' or pinch their own ear to indicate which one they mean. Weird assholes reach out and touch my ear, even if it's one of rook or conch piercings, which is inside my ear.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

crowtribe posted:

100% depends on placement (and whether your piercer is a lovely 19 year old at a store that also sells bongs or a professional at a piercing studio). Eyebrows, lips and nostrils are fairly negligible, septums make your eyes water, tongues and cheeks are... an experience.

Yeah, definitely on placement/experience. I've heard horror stories about a piercer goofing up and going through the septum cartilage instead of the little fleshy part at the front, and that sounds loving horrible.

Don't we all just love unsolicited comments about hair/piercings/tattoos? I worked a job where only my nostril hoop and ear piercings were visible (septum flipped; lip taken out for shifts), and I used to get so many older women giving me unsolicited 'If I was your mother...' poo poo about it. All I'd ever say was 'My mother knows you can take earrings out.'
Except the time it started with 'I'm glad I'm not your mother because...'. My boss got a little cross with me because that time I said 'I'm glad you're not my mom too.'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I need to find where these are sold. A couple of friends had a daughter a few months ago.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Picnic Princess posted:

I think the thing that bothers me most is how the skin over the breastbone looks like it's stretched so far it's pulled away from the body. That looks so uncomfortable.

That's what bothers me the most too. :(:hf::(

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

Let's all make fun of something we can agree on, like terrible wedding dresses.

This style reminds me of the Cupcake Surprise dolls I had as a kid (the skirt folded inward, so the doll transformed to look like a cupcake)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

uvar posted:

Goebbels? Boomers love Nazi memorabilia? If that's autocorrect I'm stumped... gerbils? goblets? gold bowls?

Hummel figurines. I think Goebbel is the company name.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Basebf555 posted:

I'm always embarrassed regardless of how understanding the other person is.

Four years ago, I was on my third date with a guy who had pretty severe celiac. He ate something that had gluten in it, and ended up destroying my bathroom for a good 45 minutes. At about the halfway point I knocked, told him where Tums and Pepto were, or if I could get him anything for his stomach. He was absolutely mortified after he was finished. I just told him where the air freshener was.

We're still together.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bogus Adventure posted:

Nah, it's the perfect face mashup of Alex and his wife. They have their mother's large, dead eyes and their father's weak-rear end chin.

That does not look like a child's face. I think it's from the shadows around the eyes, but she looks like a war-weary vet in a Dutch boy wig.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hirayuki posted:

Seriously, read the book. The Radium Girls, by Kate Moore. Fascinating, horrifying, and infuriating in equal measure.

Out of curiosity, anybody know if there's a book about the earlier version of the Radium Girls; Phossy Jaw?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phossy_jaw

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dick Burglar posted:

I would wear these. I'm already at the "gently caress it, I'll wear Crocs in public" stage, why not go full-bore?

Fake edit: I'd need to buy a flame shirt to wear with them though.

Guy Fieri?!

I saw the Balenciaga bling on that platform Croc and figured it was a bootleg charm or something. But no. Balenciaga made and sold platform Crocs retailing at $850

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I did my Masters and Ph.D. at Gallaudet (and we learned about DPN in my undergrad classes).

The big issue with DPN was that the Gallaudet community had been pushing for a Deaf President at the university, and had two qualified Deaf candidates : I. King Jordan (deafened in his twenties after a motorcycle accident) and Harvey Corson (at the time, director of the American School for the Deaf). The Gallaudet Board of Trustees, the majority of which were hearing, passed them both over for Elizabeth Zinser, the lone hearing candidate in the final three.

After six days, Zinser resigned and I. King Jordan was appointed the new president.

When he retired in 2006, there were grumblings of a new protest, because Jane K. Fernandes wasn't seen as 'Deaf enough'. She'd been raised oral and only learning ASL as an adult.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dick Burglar posted:

I don't mean to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but why does the Deaf/deaf(?) community use capital-D Deaf? Or does that refer to a specific part of the deaf community? Or...?

'Capital D' Deaf refers to a deaf person that uses sign and is part of the signing community. 'Little d' deaf is when a person has hearing loss but uses hearing aids/a cochlear implant/doesn't use sign language.

I really only met one 'militant' Deaf person in my time at Gallaudet who crapped on me for being hearing/non-Native signer. But they weren't a native singer either, so I have no clue what was going on there. I wasn't an audiologist or speech pathologist.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

steinrokkan posted:

Tf is a native signer? Do they bully who were born with beating and went deaf late in life?

Person with Deaf parents, they learn ASL from birth. It's like someone born to French speaking parents, they're a native French speaker.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bombadilillo posted:

It's more about asserting that deafness is not a disability. That's why you see the snob come out when people cure it, live in a speaking home. Stuff like that.

Theres some messed up historical stuff. Alexander Graham bell (yeah that one) went full eugenics and tried to stop deaf people from breeding. Chemical castration and stuff. In america. In real life

The community definitely crosses some lines but theres some complex reasons there, it's not just that they are jerks. (Some are super jerks though)

Bell's mother and wife were Deaf, and he knew how to sign, but his thing was 'well, it's all well and good if adults use sign, but for generations going forward, no sign language, speech only!' And Nazis forcibly sterilized deaf people since deafness was 'undesirable'.

The history of deaf education is pretty AUG in general. In 1880, there was the 'Milan Conference'. It was held to decide how deaf children were going to be educated. Out of 164 delegates, only one was deaf. The aim was to ban sign language from deaf education. Only delegates from the US and England were against oralism.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_International_Congress_on_Education_of_the_Deaf

More recently when angle DiMarco won ANTM and DTWS, he got a lot of press and advocates that deaf children shouldn't be deprived of a fully accessible language.

The AG Bell Assiciation got reeeeeeeeal mad about him advocating sign language access for deaf kids.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bombadilillo posted:

He used to have signs about how weatherproofing is deadly cause it keeps CO2 in and how the county free winterization initiative for poors was a DEVILS tricks.

Crazy sign people makes me of a guy I've seen a few times in my area.

Sits near an off-ramp with a sign that says
EXPOSED 9-11
NOW I'M HERE
then it's a big ol' posterboard of cramped handwriting that I can't make out. I'm assuming its some conspiracy talk.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mackers posted:

Shame it didn't happen that there was just one "universal" sign language.

Thatd be handy (:v:) as gently caress I'd learn it myself

There's international sign language (ISL), but it's a pidgin language, and I've only ever seen it at international conferences.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Audible uses targetted ads. There's a reason duder got that ad.

I immediately asked him 'What kinda depraved poo poo were you looking at to get that?"

He never replied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Postal Parcel posted:

What is she doing? A chemical peel?
Permanent Contouring?
Attention seeking?

DIY chemical peel. It's apparently the new thing for YouTube 'beauty gurus'.