Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

queserasera posted:

There was someone in the previous thread talking about their neighbor's hoarding tendencies that kicked off a discussion of hoarders and hoarding, complete with photos. No other thing on this failure of a planet convinces me to do chores more than photos of people choosing to live in filth. I can understand ceasing to give a gently caress due to despression and the like. Deliberately being lazy? I don't get it.

Hording seems to be a symptom of depression or some other mental disorder or trauma. Deliberate laziness though Iíve come to associate with toxic masculinity and other failures to parent and/or learned helplessness lest we forget the Reddit posts about young adult men who donít wipe properly or wash their assholes. Apologies I donít have a picture but a twitter post went viral in the last day where a young guy purposely left his kitchen messy and brought his girlfriend over for the first time. After she left he publically lamented she wasnít wife material because she didnít touch a single piece of the filth. She found the post and dumped him, good on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

JEEVES420 posted:

Laziness knows no gender, plenty of disgusting women out there too.

But thatís not what weíre discussing. That said, I believe the same Reddit post included an empathetic response from a young man who lived with an adult sister who did not work nor had good hygiene to the point of stinking of old blood. However I maintain there are some differing mechanisms from the ďnurtureĒ side of things when it comes to expectations of cisgender men and women when it comes to cleanliness (of self and the home).

And now I realize this is toeing too close to debating what is/nít AUG so Iíll leave off on this line of discussion.

Small story: at one point I lived with roommates in a poorly-built house (newer, but built on the cheap right before the artificially inflated housing bubble burst) where we discovered during deep cleaning upon preparing for moveout that the master bedroom tub had a crack where the tub met the tile that mushrooms grew from. A couple lived in that room and there was nothing obvious by way of odor, but they were first to leave and only afterward did we realize they were poor cleaners to put it kindly. Imagine showering and having these very thin mushrooms sprouting inches from where you stood, an inch high. I wish Iíd taken pics because Iíve never found anything like them before or since.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

What is this smoldering glasses thing intended to do? Are we going to see a Bluetooth enabled version on Kickstarter in six months?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Is....is someone stealing dating site photos and writing fetish fanfic?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Screaming Idiot posted:

TACTICAL PENNIES

Well he needs ammo for his sling made from the empty med bag or maybe the belt? Or maybe theyíre backup screwdrivers?

I wonder if the ďin memory of our...Ē bracelet is marketed to also cure nausea.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

BiggerBoat posted:

loving HOW?

Photoshop. That said, lipedema is a real condition and while obesity can be a factor anyone can get it provided the genetics and hormones are ďrightĒ (it runs in families and is much more prevalent when estrogen and progesterone are dominant which is why you see it mainly in middle-aged and older women).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

cash crab posted:

Maybe put gore behind a link. People should be able to have the option for something like that.

Agreed. Although I have to say that with the first picture I thought the arm was still attached and the owner was giving the peace sign, then ended up impressed at how well the amputation was done with what little I understand about the various arteries and the ball at the end of the bone.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

LingcodKilla posted:

Shows off the jiggly bits. Whatís the problem?

What were the ages of the celebrities in question when those photos were taken?

Phone posting but thereís a more recent photo that comes to mind of a 13 yo actress styled in current fashion to look far older and for whatever reason standing with her mouth open and her legs spread, and itís just a whole pile of gross compared to actors the same age who are ďallowedĒ to behave like teenagers in the same photo shoot.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ugh, that looks so uncomfortable. I feel so bad for folks who arenít able to get it cleaned out and resolved before it gets to that point

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Now see, this kid needs a giant pillow to cuddle while he learns that people arenít things, then eventually build the confidence to do things like ďhang outĒ and ďbuild trustĒ which will lead to relationships where cuddling feels like a natural thing to do instead of a full-page unpaid after-school internship.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I was going to ask if this is from 2008 but everything I can ID in that photo either never left the Hot Topic merch cycle or has recently made a comeback.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Iím inclined to think that was a blown-out plug and this person decided to make the best out of their situation, as it were. The redness of the lobes are really worrisome.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

vampire and werewolf on a date. all i can see.

A very heartfelt and spooky username/post combo.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

twistedmentat posted:

I really cannot believe that plugs in the cheeks guy doesn't have huge problems becuase of that. your mouth evolved to be sealed, so it must be super hard to eat and drink, keeping it clean must be brutal.

I canít remember if it was an earlier iteration of this thread or a body mod thread from years ago, but I remember someone saying mods like this cause uncomfortable dryness in the mouth; Iíd think the area is more susceptible to infection what with dried out mucus membranes, meaning micro-tears that bacteria can go party in.

Do you think a stretched cheek produces sebum like an ear lobe does? Do you think it smells like ear cheese haha asking for a friend...

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I sincerely hope sooner than later failing to vaccinate for reasons other than immune conditions, financial reasons*, or just weird extenuating circumstances is handled as child neglect.

*vaccines should be free

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Peeny Cheez posted:

Then how do you make a Butty Mary?

Also, let us not forget the important role played by celery in the history of art:

LingcodKilla posted:

Did elastic really not exist until after the 40s?

poo poo im gonna have to google this one.

Ahh, the timeless work of Art Frahm

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

whatís extra-upsetting about these stories is Iíve read them before. No, not these specific stories because I donít believe theyíve been shared here before, but Iíve read about people using D&D to have one character surprise sex another, and of delusional people who thought they were in a non-Biblical, supernatural struggle on the cusp of the End of the World.

Whatís gross is how it feels as if these young men - and letís admit it, itís almost always men between 18-30 or so in these stories - are either leaning into their possible mental issues knowing theyíll get a pass on the bad behavior and/or they had some lousy/absent parents, too permissive, in denial of their kidís issues, or both. Iím autistic. I was always incredibly socially awkward and will spend my life having difficulty navigating that, but I NEVER used any relationship as a gateway to sexual assault. Autism makes it tough to judge social cues, toxic masculinity is what makes these guys push boundaries without remorse.

Years ago we had a whole thread full of stories like these, maybe have even budded off an AUG thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

BrigadierSensible posted:

A car door handle.

Paper wasp door handle car alarm system is a hell of a deterrent.

On the last page there was a guy in a purple shirt and fedora: is that Davekat, primarily known to the public for being in a LTR with a Real Doll?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Itís not an ďofficialĒ or medically-accepted term, but plenty of folks who are autistic or have other mental conditions (i.e. ADHD, depression, anxiety) use it to indicate theyíre aware and accepting of how their brain operates.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

At that point thereís people bringing her the kind of food and enough of it to keep her there. One of the takeaways I got from shows like 600lb life is the weight is a visible symptom of untreated trauma or a dysfunctional relationshitp. Some sort of codependency, or in one case it was the bedridden guy who was verbally/emotionally/mentally abusive in the ugliest ways to his wife.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Yikes is putting it mildly. An Australian paper published that and when people demanded an apology the paper doubled down on the racism. Not only did the artist fall back on the most overt racist caricature they could muster, but they whitewashed Osaka. The reaction to Williams standing up for herself is the most awkward, ugly, and gross response to a sporting-related story since, well, some folks burned their Nikes (but maybe thatís more schadenfreude thread appropriate).

Edit to add:

https://twitter.com/nerdpyle/status...7199936512?s=21

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Sep 12, 2018

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I hope thereís an unedited version of that FB where someone admitted to abusing their child because itís not doxxing to report child abuse.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I feel like a filth-style drag queen is going to emerge from here. Very Dragula, I love it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm not sure if I moved past nerd culture or nerd culture's moved past me, but I'm just not getting the point of the rampant consumerism with it.

Keeping up with the Jonesís for the nerd culture crowd. I own more than one FunkoPop but 75% of those were gifts because to me thatís where those figures fit in: donít know what to buy a coworker/distant relative/gaming group member for a birthday/holiday? ďOh hey, I know this person likes Show, this is a fun thing to get and in my budget.Ē The collecting though....I think in part it carried over from the original vinyl toy hobby where runs of items were genuinely limited to some extent. Part of it though is good old fashioned completist attitude also shared by nerdy folks.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Do not look up fluffy ponies. My understanding - solely based on posts in prior threads - is it came from bronies who werenít satisfied with merely sexualizing and gatekeeping media intended for children and wanted to go the extra mile by making something so disturbingly abusive most bronies wonít touch it. These are real people in our real society, and despite what we assume of these sort of men thereís a non-zero chance one is a parent, or at the very least an uncle. I hate this timeline.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Iron Crowned posted:

You guys ever see Hellraiser?

Frankly I think even Pinhead would pause, simultaneously impressed and disgusted.

I now know I was wrong about the origins of this awfulness yet unsurprised itís yet more of the same awful from the usual suspects.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Iím blanking on the name but a few years ago a goon did an a/t on making fursuits semi-professionally and said with the exception of a handful of makers most very specifically donít/wonít make a suit that would allow for sexual activity and many have warranties that boil down to if the suit experiences wear theyíll fix it unless itís been used/modified for sexual activity.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Umm. Maybe the art is from how colorful the light will be streaming in? Maybe?

This pairs well with that Jesus restoration job.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

As someone who canít stand the feeling of sandals/flip-flops this looks unbearable.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I heard about this in the past week but nothing about the sepsis or the kink. Only that the abusive party was posting on the dead guyís social media, imitating him, to protect his own reputation. Absolutely gross.

ETA:

Tashilicious posted:

This is not kink.
This is purely abuse.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Oct 21, 2018

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Isnít that incredible dangerous in terms of bacteria?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Picnic Princess posted:

I was so glad when I left. People shopping for jewelry are loving mental.

Please share any stories if youíre feeling up to it? Or have you contributed to an A/T in the past? If only because I love it when mega-entitled people get hoisted with their own petard, especially in the wedding industry.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This is the restroom attendant, she spins the paper herself so patrons have the softest wiping experience. Donít forget to tip!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I canít find the thread now but was one on Reddit from this year of industry professionals (florists, photographers, dress shop salespeople, etc) sharing their worst experiences and it often seemed it was a parent who ultimately caused the problems, whether it was an overly controlling mother or a father who acted like an apologetic rear end in a top hat for their tantruming adult child. Lots of implied alcoholism. At least one arrest when a women smashed a cake that wasnít hers. Just some of the ugliest entitlement comes out of peoplesí weddings.

20ish years ago I used to read a website called Etiquette Hell that published peopleís questions and experiences about social faux pas. Their wedding section was most popular, and the story of the Titanic bridal party dresses was their best known one and is more purely awkward than anything. The original siteís post was taken down last year because the husband of the bride found out and was apparently not happy.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

No longer the saddest or because youíre concerned for the over/under on your next avatar?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Heís a vampire alright, heís leeching mentally and emotionally off someone half his age because heís a loving creep. I mean crap on the lifestyle all you want but itís all trappings to draw in and keep someone around to manipulate.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

AlbieQuirky posted:

(former trolls turned handlers, don't get me started on how loving weird that is)

Itís the thinnest of silver linings if a couple people found enough maturity to go from being mean to being friendly/helpful, although I wonder if itís a misplaced sense of responsibility.

Chandler is hardly the first person to disappear into mostly harmless delusions, but sheís easily the most public among the first generation raised with the internet.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

No, glomp was the sound a friendís stitches made two weeks post-surgery when someone pulled that poo poo at a convention. No damage done thankfully but that turned friendís opinion around on the whole glomping thing real fast. Previously it seemed harmless to them, huge wakeup call when they almost got hurt then recognized the consent issues, etc (this was someone in their very early 20s fwiw).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm now very nostalgic for the days of Fandom Wank and Godawful Fanfic where we'd mock the hell out of these types.

Whatís frustrating is one of those types ended up making money hand over fist via one of the most grossly abusive ďromanceĒ series of the early 21st century. gently caress you ďSnowqueens Icedragon,Ē you ought to pray thanks on the daily Meyer didnít sue.

Meanwhile one of the most infamous Godawful fics of its time was a work (Raven Darkness etc etc etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Tashilicious posted:

i see the fnord lol

I have no idea what this means but the whole imagining what a date would be like is more sad but charming compared to these dunderhead guys who open their relationship (usually at their suggestion) then get incredibly salty over their partnerís success at dating and generally having a good time, especially given the emotional trauma of having the person you thought was committed to you alone admit to wanting to cheat/break up but too cowardly to lose your emotional labor for them.