Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The City of Iskana: capital of the Charnaz territories, nicknamed the Jewel of the South, and home to more than a million people. It's the only major city on the south-eastern stretch of the Morze, but the cool sea air makes it actually quite livable nine months of the year. Its ports bustle with merchants selling golden jewelry, dragonivory trinkets, and bottles of the region's magickal black sands, which have healing properties. Poets and artists love the city for its beautiful sunsets, and pilgrims journey to see the Pantheon Gates: each deity worshiped in the Imperia gets a tower, a "gate... bridging earth and the celestial sphere." The largest is the Gate of Wisdom, formerly the Gate of Hierok; its hawk icon had its head destroyed, leaving its outspread wings to represent the new divinity.
On this particular evening a group of hooded figures entered the Gate of the Cult of the Temple Viper. It was generally abandoned - the cult's eastern worshippers rarely visit Iskana - which made it a great place for the newly-reforged Assassin's Guild to plan their work. Their enigmatic leader, Ishtil, recruited these fifteen souls from across the Morze and beyond; they each had unique talents that, under his tutelage over many years, would make them experts at espionage, subterfuge, and of course, murder.
Or at least they would have been great assassins, if Ishtil wasn't killed that night in his sleep. His body was mutilated while his head was sawed off from his neck, and, judging by the magickal residue, had been kept alive for hours after the separation. His students tried to leave the tower in a panic, but they discovered that the doors had been sealed with a life enchantment: only when the caster is killed will the enchantment be broken. Clearly whomever attacked Ishtil wasn't planning on leaving quite yet. Now the students would have to use whatever skills they learned in their short training to escape with their lives.
Scratched into the door was a sigil of a bird. Written in blood below it was an expression:
"Quis necabit ipsos necatores?"

(source: wikimedia)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be?

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: N/A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) Anomalous Amalgam
2) Asiina
3) Atomic Soda
4) BottleKnight
5) bowmore
6) CCKeane
7) IcePhoenix
8) IllegallySober
9) Max
10) Moatillata
11) Monathin
12) Podima
13) SalTheBard
14) The Ninth Layer
15) Yami Fenrir

Night 0: Samfucius, Ishtil, Redhand (town-aligned dayvig), died.
Day 1: bowmore, Urah, Student (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: The Ninth Layer, Alkham, Scoundrel (town-aligned vigilante), died.
Day 2: Yami Fenrir, Jin, Stranger (town-aligned miller), executed.
Night 2: CCKeane, Titian, Wizard (town-aligned cult cop), died.
Day 3: IcePhoenix, Ramon, Student (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 3: SalTheBard, Padraig, Mage (town-aligned insane cop), died.
Day 4: Moatillata, Leon, Cleaner (town-aligned doctor), executed.

:dance:
MAFIA VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 14, 2018

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
SPECIAL THIS GAME ONLY GIMMICK:

:siren: :wow:

If you are particularly familiar with my stupid fantasy lore, you get a MILD FLAVOR BOON. You may, when you join the game, send me a PM containing a brief description of the "character" you'd like to play, including stupid fantasy ethnicity, name, backstory, and what skill made you such a good fit for the Assassin's Guild in the first place. Your suggestion may or may not affect the role you ultimately receive. It WILL NOT affect your alignment.

This is not mandatory. It is for the three or four people who actually keep track with my nonsense.

Have fun!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well of course!

I doubt this will happen but I do have a hard deadline on May 18. Otherwise I'll play.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'll try to not gently caress up and get dunked D1 again. :)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will murder the murderers

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I shouldn’t because Riven but I’ll at least be a replacement

Edit:

Actually I’m gonna make a bad decision and fully join

Jen X fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 23, 2018

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I have never played an Ecco game so I have no idea about flavor. Also only played in Terror on Pequod before in general.

I'm not sure if I should join due to already signing up for CYOR, but as my mafia history shows, I'm not known for good decisions.

Sign me up!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

I will murder the murderers

says definite MURDERER

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll play this game

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
yes

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sure I'll play.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You make good games, Ecco, count me in.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, I haven't played in an eccogame in a while.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Only need two more!! Tell your friends.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am vigilante I will shoot Asiina.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Hello I am vigilante I will shoot Asiina.

Fair enough.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm interested! I had fun in your last game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yay that's 15!! I'm giving myself a deadline of Friday afternoon to finish the PMs, with a Friday evening start time.

I know I have a Reputation but I've been better about finishing PMs in a reasonable amount of time so your jokes are always unappreciated but this time they're probably also undeserved!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I believe in you!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Looking forward to playing this game during Trump's second term!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here to replace... I can sub in for Ecco if need be

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I’m excited for game today!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hello I will not be able to finish the role PMs before tonight. I'll try to get it up over the weekend but we'll see. sorry not sorry, view this as an opportunity to practice patience.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Continues mashing f5

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

hello I will not be able to finish the role PMs before tonight. I'll try to get it up over the weekend but we'll see. sorry not sorry, view this as an opportunity to practice patience.

I for one will not be disappointed if this starts Monday instead of over the weekend :sun:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn't even get in this game but I am still irrationally upset by this turn of events.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Don't worry, I'm not upset enough for the both of us.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

IllegallySober posted:

I for one will not be disappointed if this starts Monday instead of over the weekend :sun:

I will be. Some people work during the week. :<

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I believe in you, Ecco.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I desperately need to play a game of some sort. preferably like 15-20 players probably?? beggars can't be choosers though

I had a spark of fire in my soul and I must. play. mafia

someone open a game please!! for me!! my soul and destiny and fate demand it!!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

BottleKnight posted:

I desperately need to play a game of some sort. preferably like 15-20 players probably?? beggars can't be choosers though

I had a spark of fire in my soul and I must. play. mafia

someone open a game please!! for me!! my soul and destiny and fate demand it!!

BK, if your soul needs Mafia that badly and Ecco is fine with it, you may have my spot and I will move to the sub list :)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
nah, I'll make the switch if it's a thing

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

BK, if your soul needs Mafia that badly and Ecco is fine with it, you may have my spot and I will move to the sub list :)

Wait oh my god I’m sorry I meant to post this in the discussion thread mafia all time bloopers poo poo

No this was not an incredibly aggressive lovely thing to do that I was doing, it was just an accident, pretend I never posted in this thread

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have replaced Gex with Barnaby

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i didn't mean for this to happen

but i won't fret now that it has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

EccoRaven posted:

I have replaced Gex with Barnaby

cool, I'll replace in if needed

• Locked thread