Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I am in and out from here until deadline and don't yet see a compelling reason to move off my AS vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

SCOOP SCOOP SCOOP

##vote Moat

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I am in and out from here until deadline and don't yet see a compelling reason to move off my AS vote.

Do me a favor and restate your AS case for me or point me to a post where you summarize it, please?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Do me a favor and restate your AS case for me or point me to a post where you summarize it, please?

Sure thing. It dovetailed off of TNL's:

IllegallySober posted:

I'm going to try something different and check out AS and give Sal a break for a bit:

In re-reading AS's posts, I don't see a evolving reads as much as I see flitting about from one target to another with little explanation. To TNL's point, when challenged there's not much in the way of defense- defends the first post of Pod's she had issue with as a "good idea" but "negatively phrased" and the second as "giving advice but maybe rolefishing?" States I'm suspicious but provides no supporting documentation at the time. Request more reads from Asiina but hasn't provided much of her own? Gets back to suspicion of me as "doesn't think it was a good post." Then votes Sal with the argument "claimed early before," which I can't recall specifically as I was already dead in the game she mentions at that point, but the vote itself strikes me as jumping on the wagon.

In summary I like TNL's case. I think you're looking for a free ride through D1 and I don't want to give it to you just yet. Let's see what happens. ##vote Atomic Soda

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I'm going to try something different and check out AS and give Sal a break for a bit:

In re-reading AS's posts, I don't see a evolving reads as much as I see flitting about from one target to another with little explanation. To TNL's point, when challenged there's not much in the way of defense- defends the first post of Pod's she had issue with as a "good idea" but "negatively phrased" and the second as "giving advice but maybe rolefishing?" States I'm suspicious but provides no supporting documentation at the time. Request more reads from Asiina but hasn't provided much of her own? Gets back to suspicion of me as "doesn't think it was a good post." Then votes Sal with the argument "claimed early before," which I can't recall specifically as I was already dead in the game she mentions at that point, but the vote itself strikes me as jumping on the wagon.

In summary I like TNL's case. I think you're looking for a free ride through D1 and I don't want to give it to you just yet. Let's see what happens. ##vote Atomic Soda

Hmm thank you but:

She didn't say my miller post was a good idea but negatively phrased, she said miller claims were a good idea and that I was throwing negative light on Yami doing so. (Which is true but only in the greater meta context that I find first post miller claims boring, from a this-game perspective it's fine and good that they did that because it's valuable information in an Eccogame.)

Also she did cover why she thought you were suss at a later point after asked. Vague justification but it's justification.

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

bowmore (4): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam
SalTheBard (3): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin, bowmore, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -CCKeane
Atomic Soda (3): Asiina, The Ninth Layer, BottleKnight, -Asiina, IllegallySober
Moatillata (1): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam
Podima (1): Moatillata, Max, Atomic Soda, -Max, -Atomic Soda
BottleKnight (0): Max, -Max
Asiina (0): Podima, Atomic Soda, Max, -Podima, -Max, -Atomic Soda
The Ninth Layer (0): Podima, -Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max
Monathin (0): SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Max (0): Asiina, Podima, -Podima, -Asiina, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
CCKeane (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, IcePhoenix, Monathin

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 48 minutes from this post.

:D

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Woops I hadn't refreshed:

bowmore (4): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam
SalTheBard (3): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin, bowmore, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -CCKeane
Moatillata (2): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max

Not Voting (2): IcePhoenix, Monathin

:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 38 minutes from this post.

:D

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
HEY ICEPHOENIX AND MONATHIN WHERE YOU AT.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima, good friend. While I am willing to meet you on Moat's suspicions, what do you think of Bowmore? I, like Amalgram, believe Bowmore to be the better vote of the two at this stage, but I would like to here your opinion if forced to pick between the two.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

It wasn't great.

I'm feeling pretty refreshed though after that walk to the store so I think I might be able to add some coherent thoughts to this.

Thought #1 is that I never feel like I can get any sort of read from a day 1 post unless someone slips up super hard. I guess that could change but :shrug:

I think it's weird that Pod and Sal posted at the exact same time that they believed Yami's miller claim, even though it was a couple of hours after the post itself.

Pod's posting in general seems a bit jumpy. Lots of target switching.

Nothing else really stands out to me beyond day one posturing.

Just gonna comment that calling me out for "target switching" is bad here, as is the preposterous concept that Sal and I somehow coordinated posting at the same time re: miller claim.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

HEY ICEPHOENIX AND MONATHIN WHERE YOU AT.

No need to shout, friend! I am here, still thinking. Sal's claim had given me enough pause to retrat my vote, and I have not yet cast it back forward.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

Podima, good friend. While I am willing to meet you on Moat's suspicions, what do you think of Bowmore? I, like Amalgram, believe Bowmore to be the better vote of the two at this stage, but I would like to here your opinion if forced to pick between the two.

I am firmly moat over bowmore at this juncture. Moat has actively avoided commenting on the game and stuck to a bad vote despite the proliferation of content to comment on, and I can see universes where bowmore isn't scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote ##vote Moat

Eh.... Maybe we can swing it. This is my original suspicion afterall

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I agree with Pod, also, might I suggest, that vote moat rhymes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

I certainly don't disagree that Moat has provided almost nothing to this point in the game.

However, I think there's enough content generated thus far that I'd prefer to vote a read rather than on a blank slate. If enough others feel differently, I'm not opposed to moving to prevent a no-dunk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

I am firmly moat over bowmore at this juncture. Moat has actively avoided commenting on the game and stuck to a bad vote despite the proliferation of content to comment on, and I can see universes where bowmore isn't scum.

The student cleaned his glasses again, as if by clearing them he could see the truth of the matter before them, but his vision was clouded by more than just the dirt that clung to the glass.

"I suppose it's worth a try."

##vote Moat

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I hate to make a last minute switch like that, but I've got reasons and it's bed time in my household so I'm out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
in the interests of getting a lynch

##vote Moat

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata (3): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam
bowmore (3): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 32 minutes from this post.

~~~

Checking to see if we can actually pull numbers:

Max should check in before deadline, I don't recall him saying he'd be absent
bowmore is Australian but that's daylight hours for him so hopefully, same for ASoda
Yami will be asleep
Sal ???
Asiina/BK are playing D&D but hopefully they maybe check in?
TNL will hopefully check in
Same for IS
And IcePhoenix is a big unknown

So that's 5 hopefuls (Max bowmore AS TNL IS), 1 definite no (Yami), 2 probably no (Asiina/BK), and 2 unknowns (Sal/IP), and we need 5 more to secure Moat. Ugh. We can do it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
oh nice

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I certainly don't disagree that Moat has provided almost nothing to this point in the game.

However, I think there's enough content generated thus far that I'd prefer to vote a read rather than on a blank slate. If enough others feel differently, I'm not opposed to moving to prevent a no-dunk.

I totally get where you're coming from, but I think when everyone else has content, the absence of content is in and of itself.... content.

Content.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Moatillata (3): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam
bowmore (3): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam, -Anomalous Amalgam

:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 32 minutes from this post.

~~~

Checking to see if we can actually pull numbers:

Max should check in before deadline, I don't recall him saying he'd be absent
bowmore is Australian but that's daylight hours for him so hopefully, same for ASoda
Yami will be asleep
Sal ???
Asiina/BK are playing D&D but hopefully they maybe check in?
TNL will hopefully check in
Same for IS
And IcePhoenix is a big unknown

So that's 5 hopefuls (Max bowmore AS TNL IS), 1 definite no (Yami), 2 probably no (Asiina/BK), and 2 unknowns (Sal/IP), and we need 5 more to secure Moat. Ugh. We can do it!

I did say I was going to be absent. I was at a dinner party and also had my teeth drilled. It was awesome.

##unvote

What's going on?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I saw that Sal claimed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

I totally get where you're coming from, but I think when everyone else has content, the absence of content is in and of itself.... content.

Content.

I wouldn't say EVERYONE else has content but your point is taken.

I'll move in a few if this is what we are doing.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

I did say I was going to be absent. I was at a dinner party and also had my teeth drilled. It was awesome.

##unvote

What's going on?

That sounds like a terrible dinner party tbh

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh excellent, it's tied. I love this.

What happens when I do this?

##vote bowmore

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm really checking out now, but what type of hellish dinner party involves dental work

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

That sounds like a terrible dinner party tbh

I even did one without any numbing agent.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Oh excellent, it's tied. I love this.

What happens when I do this?

##vote bowmore

MAX NO

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I even did one without any numbing agent.

MAX NO

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So I have a giant head and tooth ache, as you can imagine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sell me on moat, Pod.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Because AA started the awful push on moat and that vote seems mighty stinky.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok look real fast:
- Sal has cop claimed (eccogame) and bowmore is pushing him really hard for it. I want to let this resolve.
- ASoda has pressure that I don't fully agree with.
- Moat has aggressively avoided engaging with the game and stuck to snipey comments and a single jokevote that somehow became a serious vote, and shades of Shine V are beckoning me.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

noted pod, i'll try to do better.

i'm here and will vote to avoid a no lunch.

it is moats m/o to jokepost alot as scum but i'd be sad to vote him out. i'd put icephoenix in the low content/possible lurking scum category. sal has form early claiming as scum, but ##unvote. part of me would prefer to vote sober but that might be the omgus talking. would also vote bowmore, who seemed to agree with my pod vote which everyone has pointed out was real bad.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

Ok look real fast:
- Sal has cop claimed (eccogame) and bowmore is pushing him really hard for it. I want to let this resolve.
- ASoda has pressure that I don't fully agree with.
- Moat has aggressively avoided engaging with the game and stuck to snipey comments and a single jokevote that somehow became a serious vote, and shades of Shine V are beckoning me.

How will you let the bowmore thing resolve, exactly?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll explain tomorrow if it isn't resolved by a flip.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Provided that AS is actually soft claiming a cop investigation, and not any other role, I am willing to give her at least a day. (If it does turn out that AS was not soft claiming a cop, consider my vote on her permanently for implying a non-existent counterclaim.) ##unvote

I am inclined to vote bowmore over Moat; while Moat has done little apart from blend in, bowmore has been advancing arguments that are actively detrimental to the guild.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

I'll explain tomorrow if it isn't resolved by a flip.

Why not explain now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd rather not. I've made my points, if they aren't good enough for you then OK.

• Locked thread