Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hmmm

are we at lylo, do you think?

you knew keane was cult cop pod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

hmmm

are we at lylo, do you think?

you knew keane was cult cop pod?

Yes, he claimed to me in 1:1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As for lylo it's possible given that we started with 15 and are now at 9 with no flipped scum. Given my results and the fact that I caught moat in a lie though, I'm confident.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

As for lylo it's possible given that we started with 15 and are now at 9 with no flipped scum. Given my results and the fact that I caught moat in a lie though, I'm confident.

i want to hear from moat and would appreciate if we don't turbo. i understand your second sentence but currently it's your word vs his.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's fine. Here, I'll even remove my vote just in case I'm somehow getting owned by it being an Eccogame. ##unvote

Results entirely aside, I also don't love how moat immediately came out with "LOOK I GOT ROLEBLOCKED HERE'S THE FLAVOR THAT'S BEEN POSTED ITT BEFORE TO PROVE IT ALSO POD IS DEFINITELY GONNA GO AFTER ME" because it's just too pat. Also why the hell does a doc not self-protect the night after he claims?!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

That's fine. Here, I'll even remove my vote just in case I'm somehow getting owned by it being an Eccogame. ##unvote

Results entirely aside, I also don't love how moat immediately came out with "LOOK I GOT ROLEBLOCKED HERE'S THE FLAVOR THAT'S BEEN POSTED ITT BEFORE TO PROVE IT ALSO POD IS DEFINITELY GONNA GO AFTER ME" because it's just too pat. Also why the hell does a doc not self-protect the night after he claims?!

i will admit the choice to doc sober was strange to me, as much as i'm leaning town on sober.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Podima posted:

Honestly yeah, didn't Moat say he could self-protect, so if he could why wouldn't he given there was a roleblocker still able to deal with Sal?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
monathin who do you think moats scum mates would be? pod?

see in my mind, the teams are starting to come into it

players list is: aa, slamburger, soda, bk, sober, moat, monathin, pod

for a pod scum team, i could easily see bk, monathin and aa all a part of that family

for moat, i'd probably list slamburger but i'm not sure who else

sober i think is town

i'm missing someone, cause the op says 9 alive? if it is eight and their are four scum we already boned, unless moat is actually the doctor and gets lucky.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Atomic Soda posted:

for a pod scum team, i could easily see bk, monathin and aa all a part of that family

sober i think is town

i'm missing someone, cause the op says 9 alive? if it is eight and their are four scum we already boned, unless moat is actually the doctor and gets lucky.

You're missing Gene, I believe.

I don't want to say too much more at the moment until Moat responds to some of what's been posted.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nah, I was right about my foil.

In short:
poo poo posts all game until d3 where they drive a lynch on their town mason partner.

Claims doc relying on a flavor crumb as proof.

Is only person seen visiting sal n3.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

You're missing Gene, I believe.

I don't want to say too much more at the moment until Moat responds to some of what's been posted.

thanks, also agree though i'd like to hear from aa re: my slamburger question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

thanks, also agree though i'd like to hear from aa re: my slamburger question.

A replacement came in and made a hot take. They replaced a lurker and claim no masonries. Probably scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

sober i think is town

I thought Pod especially based on how quickly Pod let Moat off the hook earlier but if Pod is scum claiming Watcher is a pretty big gambit and extraordinarily hard to falsify, imho. If Pod actually has results on Moat then I'm willing to believe Pod is town. If this is lylo and we hosed up then well, gg. Though admittedly I would like to know if it was just hard results that clued Pod in or if he was trying to play close to his chest that he thought Moat was scum? There were at least one moment where Pod going on Moat would dunk him and he didn't pull the trigger, which seems weird to me in hindsight. Overall I think Pod is town but I'm a little surprised Pod would go for the long gambit on that.

Gene's silence is still super worrying me but usually if he's scum he at least checks in for a couple posts and then backs off to let town eat itself, he might just be hardcore lurking at this stretch of the game, unsure. I'd still put him at the top for this level of lurking.

I'm not fond of how people switched the vote off Moat again, I'd like to do some reading of yesterday + the day before and see who is in common there because I think scum has managed to get us off Moat twice in a row now and that bugs the poo poo out of me. I'll go back and read some overnight and see what I come up with because it's definitely felt like we've been close to dunking Moat twice in a row only for him to slip away.

I want to say BK is town from how hard they've been railing into Moat but could easily be lurking scum distancing themselves away from the most likely to be dunked scummate.

That's where my thoughts sit right now, anyway.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Gotcha, you got greedy. I was waiting to see if you potentially claimed differently in case of a possible ninja existing, but:

I'm a Watcher. I watched Sal last night. Only Moat visited.

Thanks for confirming that you are scum to me

It's good to know I was right at the outset.

Pod is outright lying here

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
See, pod needs to vote me so he invented a counter claim

Sober you lamented how you would be next to do die and I thought that was reasonable. So I decided to doc you

Pod is counter claiming me because if you guys lynch I'm p sure we lose

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
*lynch me

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It was p smart to buddy up to me after pushing me and then help stop my lynch

I'll give ya that pod

I'm thinking aa is the scum bud and that was p drat good slamburger

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Monathin posted:

I thought Pod especially based on how quickly Pod let Moat off the hook earlier but if Pod is scum claiming Watcher is a pretty big gambit and extraordinarily hard to falsify, imho. If Pod actually has results on Moat then I'm willing to believe Pod is town. If this is lylo and we hosed up then well, gg. Though admittedly I would like to know if it was just hard results that clued Pod in or if he was trying to play close to his chest that he thought Moat was scum? There were at least one moment where Pod going on Moat would dunk him and he didn't pull the trigger, which seems weird to me in hindsight. Overall I think Pod is town but I'm a little surprised Pod would go for the long gambit on that.

Gene's silence is still super worrying me but usually if he's scum he at least checks in for a couple posts and then backs off to let town eat itself, he might just be hardcore lurking at this stretch of the game, unsure. I'd still put him at the top for this level of lurking.

I'm not fond of how people switched the vote off Moat again, I'd like to do some reading of yesterday + the day before and see who is in common there because I think scum has managed to get us off Moat twice in a row now and that bugs the poo poo out of me. I'll go back and read some overnight and see what I come up with because it's definitely felt like we've been close to dunking Moat twice in a row only for him to slip away.

I want to say BK is town from how hard they've been railing into Moat but could easily be lurking scum distancing themselves away from the most likely to be dunked scummate.

That's where my thoughts sit right now, anyway.

why not me?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

A replacement came in and made a hot take. They replaced a lurker and claim no masonries. Probably scum.

why not call it out earlier? seems weird you just let it lie at first.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

why not me?

My thought on you is specifically neutral at best, you could go either way on me rn. I don't see a huge connection to you if Moat is scum, though. I would need to reread you to get a better idea but I feel like you've been actually putting the work in as my from-the-hip gut read.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

With moat's claim though I feel pretty sure we're in MYLO or LYLO given it's Doc claim v Watcher claim and both seem extremely risky to actually claim if you needed to prove yourself multiple days in a row

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

why not me?

Was traveling out of state today. Also didn't seem that big a deal. A player who hasn't played in a while replaced in on d4 and made a hot take. I'm just glad they're here in all honesty there's been/is a lot of lurking which makes me most suspicious, but I think we have caught scum in moat.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Was traveling out of state today. Also didn't seem that big a deal. A player who hasn't played in a while replaced in on d4 and made a hot take. I'm just glad they're here in all honesty there's been/is a lot of lurking which makes me most suspicious, but I think we have caught scum in moat.

true, but you made that post re: travelling interstate after slamburgers post so not sure if that first bit holds up.

interested in genes take on all this

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
So pod couldn't turn around and push me

So AA decided to do it right out of the gate.

But that didn't catch steam so pod decided to pull a ballsy gambit

See how they are working in concert for a similar end (my lynch)

Now I ask you dear town, who would be my scum bud?

Who is acting in concert with me?

Nobody.

Even AA is simply concerned with just my lynch. It's because that's their endgame. It will win them the game. It's ironic that pod said that I got greedy; because that counter claim was greedy. He could have not done that and I would have probably been the apathy lynch

But he did and now it's painfully obvious. Join me and murder podima and then let's lead the town to victory

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

why not me?

Honestly this is kind of weird too. The most pertinent decision to make is on moat versus pod.

There are 3 possibilities:
A. Pod is lying scum.
B. Moat is lying scum.
C. Fuckery.

Given that I've trusted Pod thus far, and I've already pointed out the obvious about moat. I think I can comfortably side myself with Pod here.

If I had to make alignment calls. Id place Soda and BK on the scum roster as well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

true, but you made that post re: travelling interstate after slamburgers post so not sure if that first bit holds up.

interested in genes take on all this

What a strange thing to question. It really looks like you are trying to avoid addressing what actually needs addressing...

That's what's weird and looks worse imo.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i may agree moat but i want to hear from gene and bk.

also slamburger and possibly genex

both you and pod were pretty scummy during the yami lunch

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

What a strange thing to question. It really looks like you are trying to avoid addressing what actually needs addressing...

That's what's weird and looks worse imo.

can you specify what you are referencing in your second sentence

Honestly this is kind of weird too. The most pertinent decision to make is on moat versus pod.

There are 3 possibilities:
A. Pod is lying scum.
B. Moat is lying scum.
C. Fuckery.

Given that I've trusted Pod thus far, and I've already pointed out the obvious about moat. I think I can comfortably side myself with Pod here.

If I had to make alignment calls. Id place Soda and BK on the scum roster as well.

your three possibilities are right but i was asking specifically about your lack of response to slamburger. i'm also thinking about who could be in a team with who, and you and pod are tight.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

i may agree moat but i want to hear from gene and bk.

also slamburger and possibly genex

both you and pod were pretty scummy during the yami lunch

I can understand, but really I just came out with a conviction and voted

You can ask sober, I was harbouring that suspicion for awhile and I finally decided to just go with it

Same with ice phoenix

I have had some lovely picks this game but, hell, that's the game. poo poo is now obvious to me with pods completely false counterclaim and it's not so much for you guys; I get it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

can you specify what you are referencing in your second sentence

your three possibilities are right but i was asking specifically about your lack of response to slamburger. i'm also thinking about who could be in a team with who, and you and pod are tight.

What needs specific clarification. Your line of questioning was obviously the avoidance and still is.

Why are you avoiding these result claims?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Why are you avoiding these result claims?

this is an interesting take, i'm not avoiding them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

this is an interesting take, i'm not avoiding them.

I am literally scratching my head. Surely I'm not the only one who sees this...

It's not even a take that your avoiding the results. You instead have deflected to something that isn't even real, so it's something you very much have done. I'm gone most the day and there was obviously a bigger event going on to chime in on, yet it's weird that you think it's strange
I didn't callout or denounce a replacement? I'm baffled.

That doesn't make sense, sorry.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm trying to decide whether pod or moat is more likely scum. to do that, i'm also looking at people in thread for signs of scummy behaviours and connections. this will hopefully help me decide which of the two to vote for, plus if we get it right, help find scum in future days.

or

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm also thinking about who could be in a team with who, and you and pod are tight.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm trying to decide whether pod or moat is more likely scum. to do that, i'm also looking at people in thread for signs of scummy behaviours and connections. this will hopefully help me decide which of the two to vote for, plus if we get it right, help find scum in future days.

or

Because we're in a mason that was crumbed and claimed..

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Because we're in a mason that was crumbed and claimed..

yes? bk and i are in a masonry, and we've hardly agreed on anything. maybe he's scum, maybe we just don't agree.

you and pod being in a masonry (with flipped cult cop keane) may mean that you're in discussion and agreeing on stuff sure, but i'm not ruling out you both as scum.

to be clear, i fully intend to vote either pod or moat today.

this may be too early, but i'll flag that i have other stuff to tell the thread later, after genex and bk have checked in. i'm heading out in about 10 mins but will be back this evening (a few hours).

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
so dont lunch anyone till then pls!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to bed. I'll be around tmrw. Ciao.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Night 1: Watched Max because I was drunk and I love him very much irl, nobody visited.

Night 2: Watched moat because he was cleared as non-cult to me from Keane via masonry and I wanted to make sure that wasn't changing, nobody visited.

Night 3: Watched Sal because if Moat was legit I expected him to self-protect like he said he could, so I figured scum would go for Sal. Moat visited.

In retrospect I would have watched Sal N1 but alcohol informed my choice.

Lmao why wouldn't you watch Sal n2 when it was obvious that scum was gonna rb him erryday I just caught this

Watching me makes no sense. Wouldn't you wanna catch the scum that is either gonna roleblock or kill the cop??

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Lmao why wouldn't you watch Sal n2 when it was obvious that scum was gonna rb him erryday I just caught this

Watching me makes no sense. Wouldn't you wanna catch the scum that is either gonna roleblock or kill the cop??

:thunk:

That's actually a pretty solid point, I hadn't cottoned on to that but Sal had been revealed since D1, why watch either Max -or- Moat on N1/N2 when scum were gonna either kill or RB sal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm becoming more on board with the idea of Scum Pod and Scumbuddy AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Yeah this is what I wanted to ask Pod re: his targets. Not watching Sal after he claimed seems like a really odd choice.

As for Pod's response to me:

Podima posted:

Also this is a stretch when the post I quoted had nothing to do with moat's claim and was actually before it?

This is wrong/misleading. It's true that Pod was quoting a post made prior to Moat's claim but Pod's post was after both of these so the Doc claim was out there when Pod made this post so my assertion that it revealed Pod's state of mind regarding the Doc claim is valid.

Moat's reads: 5:41pm
Moat's claim: 8:21pm
Pod's post 9:29pm

• Locked thread