Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am vigilante I will shoot Asiina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

if y'all didn't ruin memes you wouldn't be included in the list!!!

if i was being more honest with myself the age would be like 21

memes are a young folks game

SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am lower left. Now WATCH me type the sentence:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote My Mod Will .NOT Count my Vote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

But this is a text-based game, Sal.

You can't see if I'm raising my hand or not.

Unless you have cameras in here!!!

This is the kind of post a scum would make.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Notorious mercenary cckeane kills joke phase

I'll kill any phase for enough money. Used to be four common stages of matter. Say goodbye to Siquid.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Don't know don't care. But keep posting! It may be you!

Weird 3rd party claim, max.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

This post is no indicative of either alignment. Continue posting.

Either implies two.

How do you know the number of alignments in this game, Max?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

(Wait, who here is actually roleplaying?)

I always roleplay, Max.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Put me on the far bottom right of that triangle, tia.

Also, apparently someone thought the newbie that was incredibly suspicious in pequod despite being town there wasn't suspicious enough, because...

**I AM A MILLER.** *This is not a joke claim.*

I am Jin, the Stranger, and I am a town aligned miller because I'm a *weird foreigner*. I am claiming day one because, well, miller. This is apparently what you do as a miller. I do not have any powers, an as such I am essentially VT.

Can you describe what you mean by weird foreigner?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BK I want you to use your stirring rhetoric to win me over.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Oh hey how about that, I'm owned. (I blame whiskey sours)

Yeah, blame them for not being a Gin and Tonic

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I cannot help but notice that Keane has avoided reciprocating my friendly glare. Has he reconsidered the sincerity of our bond, now suspecting me of committing the very crime I intend to solve? Or perhaps he distances himself from the scrutiny of my gaze, fearful of what he may reveal in his reply? My left eye maintains the friendly glare, but curls to add a note of disappointment.

Master Ishtil had perfected the skill of looking in two places at once, and I now practice it by training my right eye upon Podima, who had accused me of dark wizardry and sinister magicks. It is true that I have embraced such rumors to enhance my reputation; employers pay more when they believe they are buying supernatural service. Podima is right to fear me, whether for the sake of the guild or merely for himself. Even so, it is alarming that my reputation has spread so far that I am now blamed for the actions of some distant sailor, despite never having left the lands of Chamaz, to my eternal regret.

I am Alkham, Iskana's Curse. I have only ever been Alkham, and though my hands are stained red with blood, the sins I carry are my own alone. I will be judged for the crimes I have committed in my long journey for vengeance, and for the crimes I have yet to commit, but never for the crimes of others. If Podima thinks he knows me for the actions of someone else, my glare assures that he will soon know disappointment.

I can't reciprocating your glare, for when you look upon me you see a picture of transcendent beauty, and I cannot say the same.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max isn't scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I agree with Max on Sal. Sal's last posts, particularly these:

SalTheBard posted:

I'm not dead set on Pod, I just feel like Pods posts have been more aggressive than what I'm used to.

SalTheBard posted:

Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote. I'm not wild about his play. I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. I'm sorry it's just the way I feel.

Are HELLA hedgey.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm confident somebody whipping up a frenzy on Pod is scum, also. Don't know who though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

As am I. Though I am curious as to your thoughts on Anonymous' suspicions of Moat, and their case. If you wish to look for content that hedges, I feel as if that's worse than Sal's offering.

Eh. It's okay.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

On the quality of the joke alone I will not vote Bowmore day 1.

I am not suspicious of Asiina anymore.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I know this wasn't directed at me but IS doesn't really have a lot to work with. There are really only 3 posts of any sort of content, but what I liked was that there was were quoted posts and there were responses so we could at least get some sort of idea where IS's head is

Sal, what do you think about players you haven't mentioned much lately?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote. I'm not wild about his play. I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. I'm sorry it's just the way I feel.

This strikes me incredibly poorly on a reread.

##vote Sal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Ok. Why? What is your reasoning?

I don't need to convince scum they're scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Lol. Way to show some commitment. If you can't justify your vote don't make it

That's not what I said, as I'm sure others will note.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pretty suspicious that Mona hasn't accused me of being scum yet also.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

I caught up and was also thinking Sal was scummy for his strange callout on Pod that's hedgy:

But I'm also uncomfortable with how fast this bandwagon is forming.

I think Keane's "I don't need to explain myself to you, scum" is a generally lovely thing to do cause it does nothing but gets people flustered. So Keane, since you have a town read on me now, why are you voting Sal? How is that post you quoted read poorly?

I don't really like this, it feels very much like a bandwagon vote with little reason. "Oh you don't usually go on the offensive" when I don't even know what that means?

Might vote Mona for this, but still like my current vote.

Would also definitely vote bowmore as a lurker vote because I don't really expect him to actually participate at any point and might as well get it out of the way.

Getting people flustered has a value in and of itself~~~

SalTheBard posted:

Let's break this down:

"Just because I took off my vote off of Max doesn't mean I won't vote for him come deadline. "
The first sentence defends taking the vote off of Max, and then says Sal will revote.

"I voted for him in haste and it came off as OMGUS instead of a genuine vote."
The second sentence defends the initial vote, and, importantly, talks about how it was received instead of the intent.

"I'm not wild about his play."
Third sentence states Sal does not like Max's play, running counter to taking the vote off of him.

" I would vote Pod as well although I know you aren't wild about that answer. "
I'm pretty suspicious of folks talking about Pod, but the second point here is also going into managing how it's perceived.

"I'm sorry it's just the way I feel."
This is a weird apology to post, because why would you apologize if you thought you found scum?

It's a short post but it doesn't work together, and each sentence right after each other lacks a flow and coherency I would expect from town. I don't like it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Against my better judgement, I am trying to see where the Classic Keane ends and the Suspicious Keane begins.

Maybe I'll focus on you the next day.

Sal, to me, is someone who plays cautious - sometimes overtly so. It's, at best, a read based more on Sal's character. He gets flustered easily and backtracks quickly, but rarely would I see him say something as brazen as 'if you don't justify a vote don't make it'. Maybe that's a bad read, personally, but I consider itself something that reads more like scum who got caught trying to posture in such a way to keep more votes forming on them.

I agree with this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you. Let me break it down for you.

I think it's loving lovely and scum thing to do but that is neither here nor there (Mona maybe this is the reason you think my posting sounds aggressive)

Why is this a scum thing to do?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I was apologizing to Mona because I know it's not the answer that they want to hear, but it's the way I feel.

Why can't Mona be scum manipulating you? Why are you apologizing to him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game. As far as I know you are town, I am also town, what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

But you called it scummy, and now you are saying I am town, as far as you know. Can you explain this? Am I scum or am I not?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I PERSONALLY would never try to make someone angry as it's a game. As far as I know you are town, I am also town, what I wanted was for you to explain why you didn't like a post I made. You gave me loving bullshit in return, had Asiina not asked you, you would've never done it and it potentially could've gotten me killed.

I am also not trying to get somebody angry, but I'm certainly not willing to cede you control a of a narrative when I am trying to dig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

are you just purposefully being loving obtuse or what?

AS FAR AS I loving KNOW YOU ARE TOWN. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS SCUMMY. I'm honestly done with this loving conversation.

This does not resolve this. You are saying I am town, while simultaneously saying I am behaving scummy. Am I town behaving poorly, or am I scum? Step back if you need to, I will be busy for the next few hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

The great thing about this game is I don't know what your loving alignment is. Let me break my post down word by word by word so maybe you will loving understand:

I PERSONALLY feel like manipulating peoples emotions in Mafia is a lovely loving thing to do. I think that doing it is a scummy thing to do (not that that makes you scum, you could be rear end in a top hat town, who knows)

I am town, you could be town, we could both be scum slap fighting! Thats the great thing! I operate from the assumption that people are town and want to engage in good faith conversations

The heart of the issue and why my hands are shaking in fury right now is when I tried to engage you in good faith you didn't. Had Asiina not put pressure on you I don't think you would've ever engaged back. Leaving a post like yours out there with no ability for me to refute it could lead to a town miskill tonight.

I'm seriously beginning to think you are just loving with me at this point because there is no way that post could be read any other way than the way I intended it.

I will point out this and then stop engaging at all:

-Assuming everybody is town is a poor way to conduct scum hunting.
-I have no obligation to engage with somebody I think I scum. I have no obligation to engage with anybody. If that gets you very upset, that is unfortunate, but your anger about that is anger about something I am entirely entitled to do or not do, both within social standards and within the game of mafia.

Now, I still do think Sal is scum, but I also don't think he's faking being mad about this, so I'm going to let my points rest for now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voting Sal now is foolish. If Sal is scum, we will end up with a rock solid case on him very shortly. If Sal isn't, the worst case is that we force the scum to manage him.

I'm thinking.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Hmmmmm on both counts, but also masonries are awesome and it's sad that you don't appreciate them!

I prefer carpentry, myself.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Just gonna point out here that moat has not actually addressed my concerns at all and continues to make snipey comments.

I think I kind of want to punt and vote moat, maybe.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

For what it's worth I have reason to believe our guild was hired around the premise of investigation results and how they might be changed or altered. This is why I was suspicious of AS claiming Podima's advice was rolefishing rather that prudent advice, but it also leads me to believe there could easily be several investigators in this guild.

I think it's probably sensible to think things through fully, yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SCOOP SCOOP SCOOP

##vote Moat

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I agree with Pod, also, might I suggest, that vote moat rhymes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote
##vote bowmore

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think Ninth was murdered because he was suspicious of AS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

thats a little too wifomy for me keane but shes still my #1 scumpick. especially after she threw shade at me for being online on discord but not talking when i said i'd be gone last night (even if honest mistake, i thought it was weird)

i'm especially :tinfoil: considering my #2 scumpick is

Nah, it's fine.

• Locked thread