Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I’m excited for game today!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bk please remember that I am not scum and that you’re an insane cop

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Ecco,
Don't apologize. We are here to play a game and if it takes a little longer to start it takes a little longer to start.

eat poo poo u fuckman

fedit: what he said tho.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

ok ok role pms are coming and thats cool and all so i took the initiative and made a fun alignment chart of some ~~~~POSTING PERSONAS~~~~

yami and icep i dont know you super well yet so i didn't know where to place your posting personas, feel free to place yourselves tho

Nice. (Max placed himself in lower left before, imo i agree)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the sooner you realize how much max despises all but the inky blackness deep within his pint glass, the happier (?) you'll be

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i too, watch anime

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
wait gently caress u smgdh at you using my discord av compared to everyone else's, my forums av is vastly superior

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol @ moat tho

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

You Can't Make Me Type That Sentence.

Same But Also Big Cocks

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I cannot stand for this, and you know it well.

##vote Asiina

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yami Fenrir posted:

Put me on the far bottom right of that triangle, tia.

Also, apparently someone thought the newbie that was incredibly suspicious in pequod despite being town there wasn't suspicious enough, because...

**I AM A MILLER.** *This is not a joke claim.*

I am Jin, the Stranger, and I am a town aligned miller because I'm a *weird foreigner*. I am claiming day one because, well, miller. This is apparently what you do as a miller. I do not have any powers, an as such I am essentially VT.

Boooooo first-post Miller fullclaims are so boring. I believe it though.

Cops should watch out, this likely means the usual Eccogame sanity hijinks are at play.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Pod, let's be best friends in this game, and I know the only way to do that is to kill your current BFF and take his place.

##vote Max

Max posted:

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

It's an ecco game, Asiina is probably scum

##vote asiina

Ok now we can kill Max so the hate triangle is complete

##unvote
##vote Max

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That’s highly slanderous and rude!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The last time TNL went all-in on RPing for no good reason, it was so he didn't have to fake opinions as scum. (Mary Celeste mafia) ##unvote ##vote TNL

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Based off the town PM I got I would assume there are 2 factions, however this is an Ecco game so we have 2 factions plus 4 different cults and I'm the only person not part of a cult so please recruit me TIA.

I don't like that you had to specify "town PM" here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Hmm but actually we are actively encouraged to role play.

Did Ecco tell you that in the scumdoc?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey how about that, I'm owned. (I blame whiskey sours)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

This sort of self-correction I cannot help finding suspicious. It looks like a preemptive defense to an anticipated criticism, the kind of image control I would think our deceptive killer is practicing. Ironically it also draws attention to the repeated vagueness of AA's claims, which perhaps I may not have noticed if not for this self correction.

It is enough for now to earn my attention. ##unvote ##vote AA

:emptyquote:

##unvote

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

The interaction is weird here if Keane is serious. Asiina' s post looked like normal joke phase posting so it makes Keane look weird if he is serious. I don’t think he is though.

I feel like Keane is being serious. I feel like the Asiina prodding is less serious than the scrutiny on Max.

What’s with this flip flop on Keane within the same post?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Don't love how you dropped the vote and waited to explain it till asked, but at least you had the explanation ready even if it's a weak one. (P.S. I've said the same thing about millers in previous games, pretty sure. I find instant claims exceptionally boring gameplay.)

AA's post was difficult to follow in the first place (though apparently others read it more easily than I did) and I'm still not sure I like it. Looking back again, he mentions Max a couple times but never makes an alignment call on him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

it works for some people but i'm not sure I agree with the religious aspect of it

heh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Like the gimmick and I know Ecco appreciates it but I ain't reading this much D1, sorry.

This jumped out at me from IS' post, which is also guilty of a bunch of quotes/words without a lot of actual game content. Feels like forcing themselves to put something out there.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

O_O

##unvote Mona

Hey Sal why'd you unvote Monathin here in response to the miller claim? Seems unrelated.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm always interested in who asks. its day one, i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk, but i think it's worth a vote. i agree the aa post was not easier to read.

what do you think of bowmores response to my initial vote?

i'm also a little suss of sober.

Re: bowmore, the joke was good but the rest of his posting has no substance or engagement. It's generally SOP for him regardless of alignment but I feel like he purposefully avoided commenting on stuff that there was to comment on.

Break down what you're thinking re: Sober, please?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I'm OK with Keane's gotcha since there wasn't much else to go on at the time, and is fairly standard fare for early day 1 casing.

Correct, this is Classic Keane.

I felt that moat' s joke phase play had been more indicative of scum behavior that I've experienced in past.

Involved enough to joke about all the goings on. But not actively contributing. Present enough to be relevant at a glance and that's more telling imo.

THIS explains things much better than your original post re: Moat, thank you.

Speaking of which:

Moatillata posted:

##vote pod

He knows too much

Moatillata posted:

I'm not foreseeing removing my vote from pod until I receive world renowned new jersey ales

Moatillata posted:

Finally, to conclude i am p good with my pod vote atm it has transitioned from joke to real

Like a butterfly emerging from a chrysallis

You made a handful of calls on other people (prod on Max, town on AS, ambivalent-would-vote on AA, lurker callout on Ice) but never actually explained this evolution of a jokevote into a real vote. ##unvote ##vote moat

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I momentarily confused Miller with Bus Driver. Plus my vote for Mona was a joke. I had planned to vote Yami which is why I unvoted.

Two portions of this make no sense. Confusing Miller for Busdriver I can see but it's weird in a vacuum. Of course your first vote was a jokevote. But if you planned to vote for Yami and thought he was claiming busdriver, why wouldn't you just... vote him, instead of unvoting and coming back hours later to go "oh I looked it up"?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

I find these comments suspect for several reasons.

AS simultaneously acknowledges Podima's defense of her accusations but then repeats those accusations to anotherr without any sign of taking Podima's defense to account.

When challenged to explain why Atomic Soda's accusations speak at all to alignment, AS instead simply repeats them verbatim, as if unwilling or unable to explore them further.

I don't agree with this, AS' tone felt conversational and willing to discuss the vote, not as hardline as you're framing it to be here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

:siren: reminder that the deadline is tonight. However, if it looks like you are all incapable of getting it together before then, I will extend it 24 hours. So consider tonight a trial run!

This is where I'm at threadwise with catchup, back before deadline.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

However, I will survive this tragedy of having lost my casework and begin anew, stronger, and more confident.

Ahem~!

In short:
I think Max and Bowmore look the worst in the persecution of Sal, whom I believe is town. They also claimed cop.

Bowmore
I get catching up, but I feel like Bowmore's posting accomplishes one thing...

Furthering to condemn a player who already had an established case on them, albeit not one I agree with.

This is a strange interaction.

I imagine absentee Bowmore had been prodded by Max.

Bowmore comes to the thread with the same zeal they've had all game, a negligible amount.

The Bowmore's next post in this game a minute later is him weighing in on Sal, and then using a meta-explanation of Asiina's play and behavior to justify him thinking Sal might be scum.

However those posts, while bad, aren't what really set me off about Bowmore...

It is this:

"he either dies tonight or is scum"

This type of binary misrepresentation of the night's outcome limits the actual possibilities of what could occur.

I don't like it because it creates a false-narrative based on not even setup speculation, just nothing.

##unvote ##vote bowmore

Setting the cop thing aside because i'm still processing, why are you spending this much effort drawing connections between max and bowmore on the premise that max is scum... and then voting bowmore?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

How excited were you to be the cop Sal?

Is that why you're so mad rn?

I think we should vote pod bc he omgused me and he should know better

Just gonna point out here that moat has not actually addressed my concerns at all and continues to make snipey comments.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with this case entirely. Specifically, the motive behind hearing a defense and then not engaging with it at all. I've grappled a lot with how much to take into account the defense of someone who I think is scum but it mega depends on context and I think responding to "this is what i genuinely think in mafia in general" with "i'm not claiming this is some air tight slam dunk" reads a lot to me as a scum thinking "well, i already went out on my ledge for today targeting a townie, i can't waste the social capital to do it again so i'm just gonna stick with it."

this is the place where my vote would be but i want to fully catch up first.

as a final thought here, atomic soda, yami and I have an unconfirmed masonry. I really don't give much of a poo poo about unconfirmed masonries (especially in an eccogame!!!!) because they gently caress with your head and idk i dont want to share secrets and chat much with people whose alignment might not be town. too much wifom.

Hmmmmm on both counts, but also masonries are awesome and it's sad that you don't appreciate them!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

"I viewed this statement as very defensive." Rather than defend or expound on her case on Podima, AS rattles the three same talking points to shut Asiina down and attempts some table turning.

The repetition I find especially telling, and it is a tactic I have employed; when asked to elaborate on a falsehood simply repeat it again and again until they stop asking.

I see your point from a purely logical perspective, but I'd also point out that you're hammering this talking point quite a bit as well! My gut tells me that AS put pressure on me in a way I consistently get pressured on in early game before I really start firing on all cylinders, and that's not inherently scummy. I'll keep my eye on it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

so he was on 50% of the votes needed and then claims, with three hours to go

mmhmm

and people are trying to misrepresent him as having five votes at that point, thus being under more pressure

Please name names, who are these scummy people spreading FAKE INFORMATION if you feel that's dire enough to call out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I think I kind of want to punt and vote moat, maybe.

Also less support. Same reason why I moved off moat.

Gentlemen, we are a force united. The power lies in your hands.

Anyways we've got a hour and a bit till deadline, now that the immediate stuff is addressed I'm going to go back and continue my deep reread from where I left off.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I am in and out from here until deadline and don't yet see a compelling reason to move off my AS vote.

Do me a favor and restate your AS case for me or point me to a post where you summarize it, please?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I'm going to try something different and check out AS and give Sal a break for a bit:

In re-reading AS's posts, I don't see a evolving reads as much as I see flitting about from one target to another with little explanation. To TNL's point, when challenged there's not much in the way of defense- defends the first post of Pod's she had issue with as a "good idea" but "negatively phrased" and the second as "giving advice but maybe rolefishing?" States I'm suspicious but provides no supporting documentation at the time. Request more reads from Asiina but hasn't provided much of her own? Gets back to suspicion of me as "doesn't think it was a good post." Then votes Sal with the argument "claimed early before," which I can't recall specifically as I was already dead in the game she mentions at that point, but the vote itself strikes me as jumping on the wagon.

In summary I like TNL's case. I think you're looking for a free ride through D1 and I don't want to give it to you just yet. Let's see what happens. ##vote Atomic Soda

Hmm thank you but:

She didn't say my miller post was a good idea but negatively phrased, she said miller claims were a good idea and that I was throwing negative light on Yami doing so. (Which is true but only in the greater meta context that I find first post miller claims boring, from a this-game perspective it's fine and good that they did that because it's valuable information in an Eccogame.)

Also she did cover why she thought you were suss at a later point after asked. Vague justification but it's justification.

tldr she has a bad habit of making reads without providing justification at the time which I would appreciate if she cut out, but I'm not sold enough that it's scummy to push for it today. I refer you back to the player who has made no such reads all game and is coasting on nothing more than an evolving jokevote as a worthy alternative.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

bowmore (4): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam
SalTheBard (3): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin, bowmore, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -CCKeane
Atomic Soda (3): Asiina, The Ninth Layer, BottleKnight, -Asiina, IllegallySober
Moatillata (1): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam
Podima (1): Moatillata, Max, Atomic Soda, -Max, -Atomic Soda
BottleKnight (0): Max, -Max
Asiina (0): Podima, Atomic Soda, Max, -Podima, -Max, -Atomic Soda
The Ninth Layer (0): Podima, -Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max
Monathin (0): SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Max (0): Asiina, Podima, -Podima, -Asiina, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
CCKeane (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, IcePhoenix, Monathin

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 48 minutes from this post.

:D

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Woops I hadn't refreshed:

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

bowmore (4): Max, -Max, Yami Fenrir, Asiina, SalTheBard, Anomalous Amalgam
SalTheBard (3): Monathin, Max, -Monathin, CCKeane, Monathin, bowmore, -Monathin, Atomic Soda, -CCKeane
Atomic Soda (3): Asiina, The Ninth Layer, BottleKnight, -Asiina, IllegallySober
Moatillata (2): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, -IllegallySober, -Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, -Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane
Podima (1): Moatillata, Max, Atomic Soda, -Max, -Atomic Soda
BottleKnight (0): Max, -Max
Asiina (0): Podima, Atomic Soda, Max, -Podima, -Max, -Atomic Soda
The Ninth Layer (0): Podima, -Podima
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Yami Fenrir, The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, Max, -Yami Fenrir, -Max
Monathin (0): SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Max (0): Asiina, Podima, -Podima, -Asiina, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
CCKeane (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer

Not Voting (2): IcePhoenix, Monathin

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 02nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 38 minutes from this post.

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
HEY ICEPHOENIX AND MONATHIN WHERE YOU AT.

• Locked thread