Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I DO NOT UNVOTE THE MOD WILL NOT COUNT A REVOTE UNLESS I AM A DOUBLEVOTER

Good morning friends, I'm sick as hell so I'm gonna keep up as best I can while this cold cycles through me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

I was hurt too. When you exploded all over my trust.

That sounds kinda hot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

I would like to hear more from something awful forums poster

Iced Phoenix

:same:

I was just double checking the thread before I run to the store and get more kleenex but I'll look stuff over when I get back.

Related: did you know it's possible to blow your nose so much that you get a gusher? That was a cool thing to discover today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

That's so gross I'd also vote for IP.

It wasn't great.

I'm feeling pretty refreshed though after that walk to the store so I think I might be able to add some coherent thoughts to this.

Thought #1 is that I never feel like I can get any sort of read from a day 1 post unless someone slips up super hard. I guess that could change but :shrug:

I think it's weird that Pod and Sal posted at the exact same time that they believed Yami's miller claim, even though it was a couple of hours after the post itself.

Pod's posting in general seems a bit jumpy. Lots of target switching.

Nothing else really stands out to me beyond day one posturing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi Genex. Now you too get to experience the spectacle of me descending into conspiracy theory (also madness) as I try to find scum.

What if you were the scum all along :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

If Yami is scum then first post claiming a Miller would be the ballsiest thing I think I've ever seen.

idk I think Thunderdoming someone who people had backed off on as being scum was pretty drat ballsy :v:

Really though, while it's ballsy, I don't think it's that out there

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Are you calling Yami scum? That seems to be your implication with your last two posts.

Also, do you have any updated reads for Day 2?

The flavor Yami quoted from their post as the reasoning for being a miller is suuuper similar to mine and I'm not a miller so I've been wary since the claim, I just didn't say anything before because I wanted to see more of his posting first.

I wish I could confidently say I think he's scum but honestly I'm more wary than anything, though I'd put him above Sal for now. A lot of the things that ping me about Yami's posting can easily be written off as "is used to playing different types of mafia games and is just making bad assumptions based off that experience" and it's hard to filter through that.

As far as new reads, I'm still trying to reparse the thread. I probably should have replaced out when I got sick but I didn't think it would gently caress me up for three days. Yami just stood out to me today.

It doesn't help that there's not even like two pages of posts for this day though.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ah yes, I am the scum. Not the person that has a post history shorter than some of single posts of mine.

:v:

Because trying to drive the conversation while appearing as a leader of scumhunting isn't a common scum tactic at all :rolleyes:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yami Fenrir posted:

You know whats a far more common scum tactic? Lurking and saying nothing useful.

Not saying that's exactly what you've been doing, but that's exactly what you've been doing.

Everything I say is useful

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Hmmm this is interesting. I'm skeptical that you would have counter-claimable flavor that similar and not have mentioned it immediately if it's that apparent to you.

Like I said, I wanted to see more of his posting first. If I said it immediately he can just change his posting and I'd get less information out of it. Just look at his last few posts since I said that.

quote:

What pings you about Yami's posting? (I know you say it can easily be written off, but I want to hear your thought process.)

strategy/setup spec based on other games (throne of lies, I guess?), undermining meta reads from people who have played together for a while, calling for a tracker to get a result on sal, and just general posting aggression

quote:

As for there not being that many posts today, you know what the solution is to that! :justpost: There's a bunch from Day 1 to comment on.

I'm trying! I probably should have waited to get home from work but the day is ending tonight and I wanted to at least get the thread moving in some direction again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I apologize for low contenting this response but the workday is almost over and I have some errands to run so I'm not sure when I'll get home, and we are against the clock so I want to make sure this isn't left unresponded to.

Podima posted:

Trying to call out what power roles should be doing is Not Good, don't do it. At best it's empty content, at worst it's rolefishing. I did miss Yami doing that before.

IcePhoenix (and Sal since you're here), how do you feel about Yami's case on Asiina?

Obviously since I'm suspicious of Yami it's hard for me to buy the case. But it seems sound enough. The thing that gives me pause is that both times Yami has brought up Asiina it starts with her vote on AS. And it's been speculated that TNL's death may have been related to flavor starting to point towards a vote on AS. I'd like to go back and look at more posts around this but, again, lack of time.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm, well, I don't particularly like being called scum by a very scummy lurker who also happens to be calling for more posts while barely having any post themselves. Also I can't help but feel like you handpicked your negative opinions on me while not referring to my attempts at case work at all. "Posting aggression" also seems like a weird accusation, I am trying to find scum and put pressure on them here.

I was asked what pinged me. Casework is fine but if the negative bits outside that ping me then it's ultimately unreliable because you could just be trying to paint someone in the same way you're accusing me of trying to paint you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All I've determined since my last post is that Riven is dumb :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry I've had some major stuff come up irl. I'm currently in 2 masonries. One traditional, one limited. The limited is with one other person. The masonry is with 2.

AA I'm looking back through posts and can you expand on the masonry stuff? I don't really know what you mean by traditional and limited masonries. Are you saying the one with two others is traditional, so it's mod confirmed, and the one with just one other is limited, and is unconfirmed? Or is it something else?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Did you have time to go back and look into this?

I see where Yami is coming from but I don't agree with most of their reads. This sort of leads into the aggressive posting I was talking about earlier, it looks to me like Yami is taking a lot of those posts at face value and just reacting without stopping to think about the reasoning behind them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm home. WRT masonry traditional I mean it's permanent, regarding limited, the player who enacted it has clarified that this is exclusive to this day phase only.

No alignments confirmed in either.

Thanks AA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CCKeane posted:

Yami said he was a mysterious stranger that couldn't be trusted. If you could psychicly read their minds, surely that wouldn't be relevant?

This makes a lot of sense to me. I haven't played in an ecco game before but it seems like flavor matters quite a bit.

I don't want to not have a vote down again so for now, ##vote Yami

IllegallySober posted:

IP doesn't have a lot of posts to go on. I don't like that they were absent for deadline and they need to post more.

I know it's cliche by now but I was sick Monday-Wednesday and ended up in bed really early Wednesday night.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

Wow I did not realize that Asiina and Phoenix had posted so little. Do you guys have any contributions you would like to make?

After I screwed up on Yami not really.

As far as my posting, I already said why my postcount sucks. Not that I really expect anyone to believe me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Actually I'm gonna ##vote moat as well

I admit this is partially omgus.

But also his "line of questioning" was just "hey you should tell me who your scumbuddies are" and "don't worry if you help us we'll make sure you're last" which is just so disingenuous to A: imply to others that he actually questioned me and B: act like he would have believed anything I said.

I also had sort of been ignoring/resisting the stuff posted about him in the thread because I was hoping that he'd turn out being ok because it was nice to have people to talk to outside of the thread.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

I was hoping for this because literally he just told me he thought I was town yesterday in mason chat and that there were at least "5 other peeps" he would kill before me

:D

More falisifying

the direct answer to asking me if I thought he was scum:

so I guess if pressed to yes or no, I'd say no right now
but I also wouldn't say yes if I had to say if I thought you were town

And while I did say that there were five others, that was when he asked me. Obviously things have changed since then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

how did you respond to that line of questioning?

I mocked it because it's like a second grader asking "Do your parents know you're gay?"

quote:

who were the five?

Don't fully remember but just off what I can remember it was probably a combination of Yami, Sal, AA, Asiina, Pod, yourself (AS), and Max/Gene.

I'd have to relook at things to change up my fab five for today but we still have quite a while until deadline.

Podima posted:

Can you elaborate on what's changed other than Moat calling you out? I also echo AS' question of who the other five were in your mind at that time.
I basically just stopped doing this since he wanted to draw the line instead of being masonbuddies.

IcePhoenix posted:

I also had sort of been ignoring/resisting the stuff posted about him in the thread because I was hoping that he'd turn out being ok because it was nice to have people to talk to outside of the thread.

Also while we're talking theories, I'm wondering if everyone in the game is in an unconfirmed masonry, and on top of that I feel like it's possible for one person in each one to be scum.

As another tangent, it bothers me that IS hasn't posted after this

IllegallySober posted:

I don't have time to post more at the moment but I'll confirm Moat's statement re: our masonry.

considering he's been privy to all our mason chat, but I do know he's going through some IRL stuff so hopefully he'll have time by tomorrow.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

that's close enough to be accurate

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

you listed seven, why would you have voted these people over moat?

Like I said, I can't remember who it was exactly, those are just people that at some point were on my radar ahead of moat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Atomic Soda posted:

lets try ##vote icephoenix, who hopefully comes back before deadline.

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ok Survivor is over I'm reading the thread now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Train of thought stuff

AS and Pod I had a fever for basically 72 hours you'll have to excuse me for not remembering exactly what my reads were. I almost replaced out on Monday but wanted to play because the other game had fallen through and did not think it was going to linger for so long.

I did talk to IS before the deadline last Wednesday, but I had also gone to bed early. I woke up with like 10-15 minutes to go and felt really good so my fever probably broke around then (yay!), so I got up and went to my computer to see if he was around to talk to. I hadn't placed my vote on Bowmore because I didn't strongly feel that he was scum and didn't want to put him closer to a hammer, and I figured enough people would be around if needed. When I caught up and saw the situation, I started to talk to Sober. I ultimately didn't end up voting because our Masonry does not allow us to talk to each other at night, so I wanted to wait as long as possible before hammering, and then there was a double hammer as I went to vote.

The day I went for Yami my top scum read after him was probably Moat, even though I did not want to admit that to myself at the time.

Moat's claim doesn't really change anything for me. This post

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, so you're the doc, and you said nothing in mason chat to either of us about it, and nothing in your private chat with me about it- even though you just listed me as your most trusted person left in the game?

AND you, as the doc, and with votes swinging your way at the D1 deadline, after I pinged you in chat to let you know that was going on, never showed up?
sums up my feelings about the doc claim, minus the private chat and most trusted things, obviously.

Podima posted:

It's worth noting that Keane didn't flip as a mason, so we can't be sure that Bowmore/TNL weren't in masonries unless people come forward.

Yami also didn't flip as a mason, FWIW.

I'll look through some more but the thread is moving now so I want to get at least this part out there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

I don't like that your reads are very weak at this juncture after three game days.

Moat - how do you justify that he "dodged twice?" Please unpack that narrative.

Moat had the second most votes both of the previous days

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

Going back to this - at the time you made this post, had you discussed in the masonry and found out that you three had what sounded like similar flavor?

I discussed my thoughts on Yami's claim and my reasoning in Mason chat, IS and Moat told me that their flavors supported what I was thinking.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Podima posted:

and I really don't like that he hasn't re-evaluated in the light of your doc counterclaim - instead, he's just pushing harder. (Others are guilty of this too, but it's another thing on the pile.)

I'm having trouble parsing this. You don't like that I'm not backing off because I don't believe him?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I blame moat for effectively thunderdoming the two of us d3

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moatillata posted:

I cannot believe you didn't find him completely scummy in mason chat

Town lynches town constantly

It's because he was a real Best Assassin Bro and not a Best Assassin Betrayer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IllegallySober posted:

Well, at the very least maybe limit it to a single masonry instead of what we had going here, because yeah, the thread was essentially a dead zone D2 as everyone was chatting OOT.

I'm also very :psyduck: at why Ecco thought putting three people in an unconfirmed masonry would end up as a voting bloc instead of what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

when pod was at -1 and didn't get hammered for like 10 minutes before someone unvoted despite the thread being fairly active at that point it made me incredibly sad that nobody thought that might indicate he was scum.

• Locked thread