Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This is a great idea and a good thread.

scuz's Guide to Minneapolis, Home of the Twins, Timberwolves, Lynx, Roller Derby, and the Vikings.

Gettin' Here and Gettin' Around

If you're flying in for a game, you're in luck! Our light rail connects downtown (where all the sports are) to the MSP international airport (where the planes are), so you can get from your plane to your hotel for $5, round trip. Public transit is known as MetroTransit and it's p darn great, even has an app now so you don't need to bother trying to find ticket stations. Downtown is insanely walk-able, like most downtowns, and we have things called Nice Ride bike rental stations almost every darn place. Lyft and Uber are prevalent here, as are normal-rear end cabbies, just stick out your thumb. Rent a car at your own peril; there are many one-ways in downtown and parking is Super Not Cheap with the exception of the FAIR school campus ramp which is open to the public and is the cheapest parking downtown I've been able to find.

If you're here during the winter months, we have our fabled SkyWay™ System

Described as "gerbil tubes" by noted travel documentarian Stephen Fry, the SkyWay keeps you from freezing your bits and pieces off when it's 40-below zero by having literal sidewalks in the sky connecting buildings. Learn more by perusing their website.

Bars and Restaurants

Minneapolis has bars, but we also have an insane number of breweries and food trucks. In fact within 5 blocks of Target Field, we have Inbound BrewCo, Modist Brewing, Fulton Brewing, and Clockwerks Brewing. That's in the north loop! Click this to see em on a map. The best part is that none of these breweries are bad. There are many, and they are all Good. Lemme know if you want specifics on any particular brewery and I'll be happy to provide specific field research :cheers:

The bars here are plentiful. I highly recommend Grumpy's Downtown, MacKenzie Pub, O'Donovan's, The Local, Kieran's, and Brit's. All of the mentioned places have above-average bar food, can't really go wrong with any of them.

If you want steak and you want it bad, The Capital Grille and Manny's Steakhouse are the best in the city. That Ruth's poo poo can gently caress right off, park your rear end at Manny's and have an 85-day aged bone-in Ribeye.

If you want a kick-rear end burger with a shot of Jim Beam Black and a local beer for $13, hit up The Butcher and the Boar.

the view from row V of section 214 in the Target Center

I'll add more stuff to this here post later, but this is stuff that's around the stadiums and arenas. Minneapolis is a fantastic city and I do love it very much. Ask about any specifics ("where's the best thai food?") and I'll do my best since I live here and enjoy helping goons learn more about the city.

scuz fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread