Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
http://wololo.net/2018/04/23/nintendo-switch-tegra-x1-bootrom-leaked-precipitate-custom-firmware-release/

A technical explanation: http://misc.ktemkin.com/fusee_gelee_nvidia.pdf

tl;dr: NVidia hosed up

also

https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/988445232445378561

https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/988445419498696706

the entire hack is performed by bridging two pins together :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its so awesome that you can do it just by bridging two pins in the joycon. the switch will be my system of forever if i can fill it up with old roms

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
heretical but i want the psp’s greatest hits on the switch asap. metal gear acid and tactics ogre in particular

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

its so awesome that you can do it just by bridging two pins in the joycon. the switch will be my system of forever if i can fill it up with old roms

i could have sworn I read something a few weeks ago about nintendo using a different CPU in future Switch revisions. i wonder if this is the reason?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

i could have sworn I read something a few weeks ago about nintendo using a different CPU in future Switch revisions. i wonder if this is the reason?

That "technical explanation" from reswitched that you linked was already sent to nvidia at some past date, and they said they were going to release it publicly this June or when other hackers figured it out. The latter happened today so they released it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

people will unlock the internal gamecube emulator and we can load up every gamecube game ever made on it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

That "technical explanation" from reswitched that you linked was already sent to nvidia at some past date, and they said they were going to release it publicly this June or when other hackers figured it out. The latter happened today so they released it

ah so it's definitely why nintendo wants to use a different CPU

I wonder how they are going to do that without messing up developers or past games?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i could have sworn I read something a few weeks ago about nintendo using a different CPU in future Switch revisions. i wonder if they knew about this before the documents that were posted today?

i know nvidia was notified well before the switch cfw hack was released by the person who discovered it, so yeah probably. nintendo offers a reward for exploits found but i’d assume you’d have to sign some documents saying you wont release it in that case

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

HolePisser1982 posted:

i know nvidia was notified well before the switch cfw hack was released by the person who discovered it, so yeah probably. nintendo offers a reward for exploits found but i’d assume you’d have to sign some documents saying you wont release it in that case

1) take money from Nintendo

2) wait 3 days and then send the hack info to your friend on IRC so he can release it instead

3) #winning

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

1) take money from Nintendo

2) wait 3 days and then send the hack info to your friend on IRC so he can release it instead

3) #winning

hosed up post

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mods

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Yes, this will allow mods

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

elf help book posted:

Yes, this will allow mods

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When will sony stop patching the vita so i can hack it and play the 0 games they ever made for it. unrelated to the OP i suppose

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

When will sony stop patching the vita so i can hack it and play the 0 games they ever made for it. unrelated to the OP i suppose

You can buy a Vita motherboard with a low firmware for pretty cheap

Hackers still want to figure out how to hack the newer firmwares because there's no such thing as firmware spoofing so newer games won't play on a hacked Vita

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

aw poo poo i'll actually have to buy gal gun 7 and hajime no molest: WC de anata no crouch wo kosuru. ~+*crying tears edition+*~ if the 7.0 firmware isnt hacked asap

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

aw poo poo i'll actually have to buy gal gun 7 and hajime no molest: WC de anata no crouch wo kosuru. ~+*crying tears edition+*~ if the 7.0 firmware isnt hacked asap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/988525063975518209

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it would be impossible to play the old version of wind waker after hd version with the fast sail and the touch screen inventory

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

it would be impossible to play the old version of wind waker after hd version with the fast sail and the touch screen inventory

Epic this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you dont play any games anyway

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

you dont play any games anyway

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

people will unlock the internal gamecube emulator and we can load up every gamecube game ever made on it

That was fast

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s probably just the Android version of Dolphin. James Rolfe voice rear end!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anroid

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lmfao.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s probably just the Android version of Dolphin. James Rolfe voice rear end!

It loving sucks! It fucks so much sucks it fucks!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I will never understand why Nintendo refused to put virtual console releases on its highly successful mobile hybrid gaming console.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they said they were doing some weird netflix poo poo for when they make online paid, whenever that happens

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The switch has been hacked

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive only ever played hd and im going insane thinking about wind waker with no fast sail now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

ive only ever played hd and im going insane thinking about wind waker with no fast sail now

:twisted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

I used to enjoy how long it took to get to islands. I would turn my wavebird off and then try to slightly hold the c-stick while turning it back on so the camera would slowly rotate across the horizon really dramatically.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Domo arigato, Mr. Nooboto.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/fail0verflow/status/988627868598001665

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

You can also let it babysit your children and teach it basic elemental spells up to fire2, ice2 etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I used to enjoy how long it took to get to islands. I would turn my wavebird off and then try to slightly hold the c-stick while turning it back on so the camera would slowly rotate across the horizon really dramatically.

lol........

• Locked thread