Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ALIENS
Theatrical
Director's Cut
View Results

• Locked thread
Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Blazing Ownager posted:

FIRST VIEWING: Theatrical. The stuff that was cut to bring the movie down to time actually enhances the suspense quite a bit.

ALL VIEWINGS AFTER: Director's Cut. The stuff that was cut to bring the movie down to time all rocks and is worth watching, esp. if you already know what's going on.

Agreed, except for the scenes with the colonists and

jimmyjams posted:

showing the loving aliens and alien craft before ripley and co ever get to it ruins the loving movie imo

Just skip/redelete that entire sequence and the director's cut is instantly vastly improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
the time is ripe for nick cage cave's scriptwriting skills to shine

also, if we're going to have prometheus/covenant chat in here, I'm still trying to find a screenshot that shows the title spaceship from covenant in all its blatantly, not-even-trying-anymore-with-subtlety penile glory. seriously, I even went and skimmed thru covenant again just to try to get my own screenshots of it and I'm not sure if I missed the specific shots or if they were actually edited out of the home video version

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I remember watching the trailer for Alien Covenant and thinking "wow this is just like a straight formula slasher flick at this point, even got the goddamn 'get them while they're having sexy time in the shower' scene", was I off the mark or was it as bad as that?

It's not quite that formulaic, but it is still very bad, mainly due to continuing Prometheus's sins of (a) having slasher flick-level writing for every character that isn't played by Michael Fassbender and (b) being an unnecessary origin story for the xenomorphs (spoiler alert: Fassbender created them).

• Locked thread