Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

a hole-y ghost posted:

hear that julius? If there's anything you want to do in the cyberpunk city you better do it NOW

poo poo, I better get to dream fuckin'

edit: :page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

do not delay in bonking the bots my friend

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

can you annotate this with "Thus Begins Dream 1" and "Thus Ends Dream 1" and so on

I did it.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
Last night I dreamt that I went to a big ayahuasca party in my old high school basketball gym, but it was dark and full of lights and techno music like a rave. The gym was packed with perhaps a hundred party-goers.

As is often the case with dreams, there was a kind of instant backstory or retroactive context given, in which I knew that these parties had been going on for years and I had been too chicken to attend. Only now was I open-minded and adventurous enough to participate.

I chugged down the bitter fluid from a bronze ceremonial bowl, and cheerleading chaperones then instructed all of us to hop up and down and dance.

This made the nausea happen much more rapidly, and soon I had to vomit.

Appallingly, they gave us tiny soup bowls to vomit into, which were quickly filled to the brim with every heave, which we then had to empty into a larger trash bin or else they would overflow.

I was repulsed by this. The puke came out bright orange like carrot juice. Thankfully, it ended quickly.

I began to see the spirit world and argued with a girl that DMT was like the heart-shaped herb in Black Panther.

Later I left the party, hallucinating vivid colors and shapes, and went to a weed dispensary, where I bought an eighth of their cheapest weed for thirty-five dollars, cause in the dream my wallet only had two twenties.

That's all I remember.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I dream me and gary oldman's diary could be postin' buddies.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Methanar posted:

I did it.
ah cool. yeah, those kinds of dreams are freaky, the whole "layers of progressively more convincing dreams" thing. I usually get that too where the deepest dream is some kind of terrifying clusterfuck with really loud rackets

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I dreamt of McDonald's yesterday. I think I've dreamed about mcDonald's all this week for some reason.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i like that posted:

I dreamt of McDonald's yesterday. I think I've dreamed about mcDonald's all this week for some reason.
did you get to eat anything? I know some people that say they can never really eat in dreams but I often do

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The other day I dreamt I had really long hair, like rapunzel hair. I was also way more feminine, might've even been a lady IDK it doesn't matter because aside from the fact i was like this and wrapped in my own hair, i was staging a protest that was shutting down a major thoroughfare thru dallas. we were all just sitting there, leaving one lane open for trafic on like i-35 near this huge building, that belonged to my dad. the people around me thought it was about Very Serious Politics, but it was actually about lowering the value of my dad's shares by interrupting business and using protests for bad PR, so I could buy out the majority from under him.

It was working and he called me in, and we talked, and he basically threatened me and i laughed and left.

I sat back down and we started singing insanely mean spirited ironic campfire songs, like kum bay ya except insanely cruel and aimed at my dad.

basically i was exploiting hippies in a power struggle with rapunzel hair

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
people say all kinds of dumb poo poo about dreams, like you can't read, or you can't see your hands, or light switches don't work. All that poo poo operates normally in most of my dreams

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

people say all kinds of dumb poo poo about dreams, like you can't read, or you can't see your hands, or light switches don't work. All that poo poo operates normally in most of my dreams
yeah it's funny when people try to say "this is how things happen in dreams" like there's some kind of universal rulebook for our the night-farts of our consciousness

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

did you get to eat anything? I know some people that say they can never really eat in dreams but I often do

Sweet chili grilled chicken wrap

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i like that posted:

Sweet chili grilled chicken wrap
good (well if you like those, I guess)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
dreamed i found two tubes of nicotine lozenges last night and gently caress man i wish!

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

good (well if you like those, I guess)

They sell wraps and you can get them in crunchy or grilled. Idk the # on the menu, but the sweet chili sauce is more addictive than crack.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I can read in dreams, but if I look back at what I just read, it's changed. I often have dreams where I'm trying to do work on a computer or I'm trying to read an instruction manual, and every time I look away, the letters rearrange themselves into some new configuration, which fucks up what I'm trying to do.

Never experienced any light switch fuckery or invisible hands.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My ability to read can help me establish if im dreaming. When i see shifting text i often become semi lucid

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
normally when I read in dreams it's written in some non-latin script, I still understand what it says, and that's the end of it. Big signs and stuff are usually in English though. It's almost always books or even like an alarm clock that's written in some other paradigm. When I read the forums in dreams the posts are always in English, but sometimes other parts of the computer like the gui or whatever are in that weird hieroglyphic. If I have to run tasks or scripts or anything in the terminal it's almost never in English.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13x1ht35ZcxQPkKR9cr4ptCgGB1-KMgJr0vP1hWR7HfQ/edit?usp=sharing

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

The gently caress

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I routinely have nightmares that are me in high school or college (it actually changes time to time) and it's me panicking for eight hours about handing in a term paper on time or something. If the dream is taking place in the college, it's usually tacked along with a side story about me finding out I took a bunch of classes I didn't need and was actually eligible to graduate months ago.

The weird thing is that I never gave a flying gently caress about term papers in either high school or college (in high school because I liked doing term papers especially over tests so I never stressed about them and in college I was going to school just because my job paid for it so again, zero stress).

I have no clue what it's about but it's like four days a loving week I have these dreams and I always feel like poo poo when I wake up because I'd been stressing out for 8 hours. My wife says I regularly sound like I'm arguing with people or like I'm frantically asking for something in my sleep. What a great way to relax!

I do believe there's something behind it though because my family had a falling out with a part of my family like 10 years ago and I regularly had nightmares or even just odd dreams about them. Then one day one of them reached out to me on Facebook to say hello and they missed me and I never had dreams about them again.

I just wish I knew what the gently caress was up with the school one.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I had a dream I was in organic chem and I couldn't read the test and there was also something about a shooting? Also the room was slanted and people kept saying it's okay to cry and I wasn't crying, I was just trying not to fall backwards out of my chair on the slanted floor. And the room was yellow.

gently caress organic chemistry

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I routinely have nightmares that are me in high school or college (it actually changes time to time) and it's me panicking for eight hours about handing in a term paper on time or something. If the dream is taking place in the college, it's usually tacked along with a side story about me finding out I took a bunch of classes I didn't need and was actually eligible to graduate months ago.
These along with the "I signed up for a class but it's the last day and I never went to it" dreams are really common anxiety dreams, I've heard them from quite a few people (and get them a lot myself too). probably just means you're stressed

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I was with two friends I hadn't seen in a long time, sitting at a bar. We start making rude comments in a Donald Duck voice at people walking by, but they don't really react. Then we start trying to out-do each other with more and more elaborate insults in the duck voice. People are starting to get annoyed at us. Suddenly my one friend lets out the biggest QUUUAAAAAAACK! shaking his jowls as he did it to get that sound like when Donald Duck gets extremely agitated. Everyone in the bar turned around and glared at us and we all started laughing our rear end off, then I woke up laughing, it was great.

My usual dreams are about plane crashes, nukes, asteroids hitting Earth, tornadoes, term papers, awkward encounters with old girlfriends, being hopelessly lost, and my phone malfunctioning. gently caress dreams.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
having kids and owning a house :smith:

naem
May 29, 2011

Somebody tried to mug me so I knifed him

Only I realized I don't really know how to knife somebody so I had to do it several times and got frustrated like "well this is a lot harder than you'd think"

then I had to get away because this dead guy was going to be really mad about the knifing, and I had to run in slow motion with my head cocked way to one side all weird or they'd see me. So I had to play it cool as I speed waddled away with my head in my armpit

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

These along with the "I signed up for a class but it's the last day and I never went to it" dreams are really common anxiety dreams, I've heard them from quite a few people (and get them a lot myself too). probably just means you're stressed

That makes sense because I have two very young kids and one on the way and that's naturally stressful. But I don't know why my brain gives me dreams about school when I never felt stress about school basically ever.

Last night I had a dream that I parked my car somewhere in Manhattan and I couldn't find it. That makes sense as a stress dream because that's actually something that has happened before and I'd stress about it at any time in my life. I just don't get the school thing at all.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That makes sense because I have two very young kids and one on the way and that's naturally stressful. But I don't know why my brain gives me dreams about school when I never felt stress about school basically ever.
yeah I'm not sure why it's so common. I for sure didn't have much trouble in school. Another common one is teeth falling out.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

jonsicoli posted:

The gently caress

A novellization of four dreams

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I like to put cooking shows on to fall asleep to, so sometimes it affects my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was in the final three of a cooking competition.

But the final challenge was to cook this cute furry animal. It was alive, but the competition meant I had to kill it, skin it, butcher it and cook it. The thing was too cute for me to butcher it, so I just cooked the side dishes and lost.

I then was hanging out with the furry thing at this armless Jazz musician’s house and he was telling me all about rumors for the season finale of a tv show.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
the furry thing was telling you rumors or the armless jazz musician was?

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Last night I had a dream that I parked my car somewhere in Manhattan and I couldn't find it. That makes sense as a stress dream because that's actually something that has happened before and I'd stress about it at any time in my life. I just don't get the school thing at all.

If you're stressed now, and weren't stressed in school then it seems like a pretty simple case of wish fulfillment. You'd rather deal with term papers than diapers.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

the furry thing was telling you rumors or the armless jazz musician was?

The Jazz musician. The furry thing was just a regular animal.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Sometimes I dream that my brother did not die, or that he's come back to life somehow. Had one of the latter last night, and we were joking about how I'm actually the big bro now.

I guess that's true :thunk:

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

HoboTech posted:

Was walking around a dream city at night when my companion and I walk into a small pet store. Walking in, I was immediately reminded of the old man's shop in Gremlin's. Just a room with jumbles of cages and oddities, everything dusty and vaguely sepia-toned.

Anyway, we go in and this old man in robes is just sitting in the middle of the floor, a long pipe in one hand and a big ol' goose in the other. The old man looks up at my companion and I and says, "All of the animals here shoot bullets." and he gives the goose a little squeeze.

The goose rears his head back, lets out a little cough, and a bullet falls from its mouth and plinks to the floor.

"Ah, well," the old man says. "This one's been sick."

And then I woke up.
This owns

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Just had another insane dream within a dream in perfect vividit. Aware that I was dreaming atleast this one was good.

It felt like an entire season of game of thrones in length. I forget most of it but involved walking through two amazing houses. One of which was mine near the end I felt really uneasy and knew I was about to wake up and I wanted to see the last two of the bill
Ion rooms in the house. Ended up kicking someone in the face and then woke up to another layer. This second layer was actually the first aND was the realization the dream that I was aware of was actually me sleep walking. Everything that I thought was a dream was real. Then more things happened that I forget.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I find myself working in a nursing home. I am assigned to take care of all the clients in rooms off one long corridor. Or rather, I just instinctively *know* I am assigned to that duty: I am conscious of not knowing how I came to be working here and I encounter no other staff member to tell me what to do. The corridors are empty except for me.

So I start by going into the first room, expecting it to be an individual bedroom with one client, but instead it's just another long corridor full of rooms. I go to each room tending to each old person. Everyone needs full assistance to shower, dress, eat and remove soiled bedding. I'm always running very late. They are cranky at me and in very poor condition, needing a lot of care. I can't properly follow their routine since I have no information and no staff to help. If they are verbal they complain or beg and cry, so I feel stressed for doing a bad job. If they are nonverbal they appear on the brink of death, so I again feel stressed for not having enough time to give.

I eventually make it through an enormous amount of old folk and come to what I think is the last bedroom in this sub-corridor off the main corridor, but when I enter I see it is yet another equally long corridor full of bedrooms. I attend to each one, much the same as the first corridor. Again I make it to the last bedroom only to find it is another equally long corridor.

I keep going and going down this endless fractal of corridors, tending to every miserable old person and never encountering another staff member. There is always another corridor in the last bedroom. I am mostly scared that I haven't even finished the first room off the main corridor, so even if I do reach an end to this infinite chain of corridors I am technically only through the first one of many presumably similarly long chains. If I'm already running late for the people on the chain I'm on I must be running incredibly unforgivably late for people on those other chains. I feel stressed about how late I am and scared for how long this will take.

Periodically, I realize that the chain of corridors truly is infinite and I will be here forever, but I am so busy the thought is only ever momentary, lost before I can act on it. But in those brief moments I understand that I am in some form of purgatory. I instinctively recognize that it's not even my own purgatory though. The purgatory is designed for the poor old folk I attend to, who will eventually die and have their soul move onto somewhere else. Whereas I'm here forever, but it's not a punishment or a judgement or a path to redemption or anything at all. I am unaccounted for and outside the awareness of whatever higher being or natural cosmic order set this all up. I don't have a soul, I just have work. Infinite work.

naem
May 29, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

I find myself working in a nursing home. I am assigned to take care of all the clients in rooms off one long corridor. Or rather, I just instinctively *know* I am assigned to that duty: I am conscious of not knowing how I came to be working here and I encounter no other staff member to tell me what to do. The corridors are empty except for me.

So I start by going into the first room, expecting it to be an individual bedroom with one client, but instead it's just another long corridor full of rooms. I go to each room tending to each old person. Everyone needs full assistance to shower, dress, eat and remove soiled bedding. I'm always running very late. They are cranky at me and in very poor condition, needing a lot of care. I can't properly follow their routine since I have no information and no staff to help. If they are verbal they complain or beg and cry, so I feel stressed for doing a bad job. If they are nonverbal they appear on the brink of death, so I again feel stressed for not having enough time to give.

I eventually make it through an enormous amount of old folk and come to what I think is the last bedroom in this sub-corridor off the main corridor, but when I enter I see it is yet another equally long corridor full of bedrooms. I attend to each one, much the same as the first corridor. Again I make it to the last bedroom only to find it is another equally long corridor.

I keep going and going down this endless fractal of corridors, tending to every miserable old person and never encountering another staff member. There is always another corridor in the last bedroom. I am mostly scared that I haven't even finished the first room off the main corridor, so even if I do reach an end to this infinite chain of corridors I am technically only through the first one of many presumably similarly long chains. If I'm already running late for the people on the chain I'm on I must be running incredibly unforgivably late for people on those other chains. I feel stressed about how late I am and scared for how long this will take.

Periodically, I realize that the chain of corridors truly is infinite and I will be here forever, but I am so busy the thought is only ever momentary, lost before I can act on it. But in those brief moments I understand that I am in some form of purgatory. I instinctively recognize that it's not even my own purgatory though. The purgatory is designed for the poor old folk I attend to, who will eventually die and have their soul move onto somewhere else. Whereas I'm here forever, but it's not a punishment or a judgement or a path to redemption or anything at all. I am unaccounted for and outside the awareness of whatever higher being or natural cosmic order set this all up. I don't have a soul, I just have work. Infinite work.

It must be nice to have that kind of job security

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Split Pea Superman posted:

If you're stressed now, and weren't stressed in school then it seems like a pretty simple case of wish fulfillment. You'd rather deal with term papers than diapers.

It could also be that I worry about my kids like crazy too. Then I'd say I'm really lucky because I've literally never had a dream about them (but my wife and friends show up in my dreams a lot) so I gotta give thanks to my brain because if I had nightmares about my kids I'd be a wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
From January until about two weeks ago, I had maybe six or so dreams where I lost my car in a parking lot. Sometimes it'd just be a big square parking lot and other times (in particular, the last time I had the dream) the parking lot was a massive canyon with multiple parking levels. Usually my car would end up being the wrong type or something would be wrong and I'd end up stranded

I always took it to signify that I've lost something and that made the most sense (I had lost a friend before I began having those dreams). The most common interpretation is that those dreams signify that I've "lost my way," but I think that's bullshit. You can interpret things however you want.

• Locked thread