Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i dreamt that i had to take a mad poo poo but this red ogre kept trying to interrupt me

like i'd find a stall and he'd find the stall i was in and stare at me while i tried to drop a dook. so i'd go somewhere else, and he'd find me again. i walked down various streets trying to find a business to poo poo in and settled on a porta john in a construction site. but this ogre opens the loving door and keeps staring at me. but then idk he becomes the victim of a construction site accident and dies, like right in front of me lol

i woke up right after that, before i got to take my dreamshit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Escape Addict posted:

I can read in dreams, but if I look back at what I just read, it's changed. I often have dreams where I'm trying to do work on a computer or I'm trying to read an instruction manual, and every time I look away, the letters rearrange themselves into some new configuration, which fucks up what I'm trying to do.

One time I had a dream where I looked away from some text and it had changed when I looked back, so I just thought "gently caress you, text, I'll just look away and back over and over again." It changed every time but once.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Had a dream I planted a lot of cinnamon trees and all the land around me was a forest of them with wild peacocks and weird semidangerous animals
also it was always twilit but somehow not really dark

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Another turbofucked dream. This one needs more explaining.

REALITY
Went to bed pretty late, about 2 30 am

DREAM
slept until about 7 am
Didn't actually dream.
Was a good sleep.

REALITY
Work started texting me. I answered and this mostly woke me up.
Forced myself back to bed after about 1 1/2 hours.

Over the next 2 hours after falling asleep again I would take multiple 5-15 minute sleeps, wake up, and then within a minute go back to sleep. repeat. Unsure how many times this cycled but at least 4. Each of these sessions had a vivid dream associated with it, I think the dreams kept their continuity

DREAM
First layer of the dream I've completely forgotten now. Had forgotten it after almost a minute after waking up again for real. It was a good dream though, nothing bad happened.

Second layer of the dream involved waking up, exactly as I would in reality. I was aware that I had just been dreaming, and it was time to get up 'for real' because I had to get ready for work. I remarked how I had a good sleep that night for the first time. I went outside and it was a bright sunny 25 degree day outside. There seemed to be some kind of standoff in the driveway outside of my house (wasn't my driveway). I wasn't sure what was going on but a coworker was inside my truck as part of the stand off. I didn't care, I go to step in and the guy bolts out the other door. Another coworker tackles the guy who ran from my truck, handcuffed him prone on the ground, then started running off just totally dragging the prone guy on the sidewalk on his face.

I run after them because wtf. I run around a familiar neighbourhood. Including run into a tree that sort of juts into the sidewalk. The runner is pretty fast but I'm keeping up fairly well, everything was in like a fish eye effect during the chase. After a fairly long time of chasing I realize I start being out of breath and that I'm fukkin dreaming again. That didn't make sense though, I had just woken up! I was dreaming before I had gotten up and started running around the neighbourhood to the point I as out of breath. I had just loving ran around the neighbourhood including running into a tree. How could I possibly be dreaming still. Then I started trying to force myself to wake up. It was extremely difficult and involved slapping myself, but feeling nothing, struggling to breathe, and jumping around.

REALITY
I think I woke up for real. Judging by the clock I had only been asleep for like 15 minutes for the whole multi layer dream which felt like it took place over 2+ hours.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Something about a floating city where people were forced to fight to survive for the amusement of viewers at home, and stealing a car as part of a convoluted escape plan.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I've been out of the Navy for 3 years but I still have stress dreams where I show up to muster with a full beard or something stupid.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 10, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I keep having dreams where there are people that I know and maybe haven't seen in years, but the whole life situation is radically different. The personalities are the same, but everything else is changed.

Like watching different movies and there's a lot of crossover with a couple sets of actors.

Most recent was I needed some kind of important paperwork from my corporate job and they were fuckin around so me and a couple guys got right in the office that handles it and started getting tough. The guy who ran it was adamant they didn't have that and stone walled all attempts at trying to find out any kind of info at all.

Then the power failed, and this caused all the doors to lock so we had to break out

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I keep having dreams where there are people that I know and maybe haven't seen in years, but the whole life situation is radically different. The personalities are the same, but everything else is changed.

I regularly have dreams of me being at a friend's house or something and it never ever looks like their house in my dream.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

One of the creepiest dreams I’ve had recently involves my “friends” (I don’t know them irl but dream me seems to consider them good friends) and I going camping in the woods for my bachelor party. We drink and party for a couple days and everything is normal at first.

Then in the dream I wake up one night in my tent and all my friends are outside going loving nuts. Like howling and screaming and laughing. So I come of the tent and see them with like, their faces painted in tribal designs and branches tied to their heads like antlers, and they all have Spears or hatchets. While I’m confused at first, suddenly “dream me” completely understands what’s happening so I run back inside my tent and grab a machete (which I don’t think was there before?).

My friends are all cheering and hootin an hollering and someone says to me “Alright dude it’s your party! Go get ‘em!!!” And I’m all happy because these guys set everything up for me. So I take off into the woods and I can hear a guy screaming in front of me somewhere in the darkness.

I think I woke up shortly after that, or the dream just ended at that point, but I was definitely dreaming/having a nightmare about hunting a human being through the woods for my bachelor party :(

naem
May 29, 2011

I dreamt that, red energy beamed into people's heads and it looked like devil horns, turning them evil.

Me and a group of friends (we rode bikes and were young, like in a Stephen king story) have the power to shoot purple lasers at the bad guys to stop them, only I realized that the people were victims of the red energy? And felt bad that we lasered them?

Anyways I became semi lucid and everyone got really mad in the dream that I wasn't following the script and all their eyes started glowing purple and they were about to laser me.

Woke up terrified

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I dreamed I was an officer on a Starfleet science vessel. Not the Enterprise, just some rando vessel called the "Victorious."

Our assignment was to trail behind a planet shaped like a gigantic death metal skull and keep tabs on it.

I was having a conversation with the captain and the conversation continued as he went into the bathroom and started pooping. I was cool with this in the dream because apparently mankind overcame its hangups about normal bodily functions in the future and it was normal for people to just go to the bathroom in front of others as if nothing is happening. There weren't even any doors on the stalls.

Then I had to pee and suddenly my hangups were back because I didn't want to relieve myself in front of the captain so I left to go looking for an unoccupied bathroom but couldn't find one.

Then I woke up because I had to pee for real.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I also dreamed I was reading ahead in Dragonriders of Pern and that the female protagonist died in like the third chapter.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Applewhite posted:

I dreamed I was an officer on a Starfleet science vessel. Not the Enterprise, just some rando vessel called the "Victorious."

Our assignment was to trail behind a planet shaped like a gigantic death metal skull and keep tabs on it.

I was having a conversation with the captain and the conversation continued as he went into the bathroom and started pooping. I was cool with this in the dream because apparently mankind overcame its hangups about normal bodily functions in the future and it was normal for people to just go to the bathroom in front of others as if nothing is happening. There weren't even any doors on the stalls.

Then I had to pee and suddenly my hangups were back because I didn't want to relieve myself in front of the captain so I left to go looking for an unoccupied bathroom but couldn't find one.

you son of a bitch you were the one following me around watching me poo poo

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
had a dream my cat got pissed at me because I always call him a fatass and I was like okay wtf first off how am I even supposed to know cats can understand english and second you are a fatass

this continued back and forth for a good 30 minutes and then I woke up pissed off at my cat

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I was licking the fingers of some cougar socialite while she poured glasses of white wine and jazz was playing in the background. Pretty loving weird, it was like I was inside a David Lynch film.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Kinsky posted:

had a dream my cat got pissed at me because I always call him a fatass and I was like okay wtf first off how am I even supposed to know cats can understand english and second you are a fatass

this continued back and forth for a good 30 minutes and then I woke up pissed off at my cat

I once woke up convinced my boyfriend was mad at me and had lectured me on the different dumb nicknames I called his cat, like ‘Big Baby Bolo’, ‘Bolo-butts’ etc. because it would confuse him and that he’d never know his real name like that.

I even texted him to ask if that convo had actually happened or if it was a weird dream.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

I once woke up convinced my boyfriend was mad at me and had lectured me on the different dumb nicknames I called his cat, like ‘Big Baby Bolo’, ‘Bolo-butts’ etc. because it would confuse him and that he’d never know his real name like that.

I even texted him to ask if that convo had actually happened or if it was a weird dream.

your dream bf is dumb because I regularly freestyle epithets for my cat i.e. fatass, fuckface, dumbshit etc. and every time he just hauls his girthy body over for pets

Salacious Spy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 14, 2018

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS
I had a dream I was homeless and walking around a city at night, nowhere to go, nothing to my name except the clothes I was wearing. I was walking along an overpass, cars passing below me, the whole scene lit with the dim orange glow of sodium streetlights.

A group of kids, college aged, are walking in my direction and we meet in the middle of the bridge. They start laughing at me.

"Oh my god!" one of them (white, dark curly hair, chubby male in an oversized white t-shirt and basketball shorts) exclaims, "Are you still wearing Nike Shox?!"

He's pointing at my shoes. They are all laughing.

I felt both confused and attacked. "What?" I say, "I'm literally homeless!" I feel this should give me a pass on whatever arbitrary fashion rules this kid is judging me by.

They don't get it, or if they do, they feel no sympathy.

I wake up dumbfounded, a dream hobo accosted by the fashion police. In real life, I do not own these shoes.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I never dream about normal dream stuff. It's always places with spaces that couldnt possibly exist. I dont want to say non-ecludian but like way bigger than it should be and segmented in odd ways and it's just weird. Never the same place either, sometimes it's a hotel sometimes a church :shrug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I never dream about normal dream stuff. It's always places with spaces that couldnt possibly exist. I dont want to say non-ecludian but like way bigger than it should be and segmented in odd ways and it's just weird. Never the same place either, sometimes it's a hotel sometimes a church :shrug:

Same. I've spent a lot of dreamtime wandering around hospitals or abandoned high schools that are the size of cities.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

sometimes I dream about driving around my neighborhood but it's way cooler and bigger. like there's a huge rich people subdivision on a hill behind it where there are normally just more poor people houses, and also a huge field and a bunch of cool places to shop. it's recurred enough that I actually know my way around that place in dreamspace now. one time I had a dream that my girlfriend and I were driving around the rich neighborhood looking for a nice house to gently caress in. I told her about this dream and she said we should actually do that irl

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

lately i keep dreaming im a girl. it's never the point of the dream, but i'm deffo a woman in like the last 6 dreams i can remember

is my brain trying to say something

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I dreamed I murdered my wife.

We were in a bus filled with friends of ours going to some event. We got there and walked into the theater and everyone got in but me. The staff didn't trust my ID and grilled me for a few minutes before letting me in. Once into the next room, it was immediately apparent that I wasn't aware of what our destination was and that this was some sort of adult theater. I walked in on a mutual friend having sex with my wife among the others. I ripped him off of the bed, threw him onto the floor, pulled out a knife, and then just started murdering everyone involved.

Then I woke up. It was about 3:30AM. I knew this was a ridiculous dream with no basis in reality but couldn't sleep again because it pegged my anxiety to 11 because of how bad I felt about it. I didn't sleep again for most of the night. My next day was basically ruined by a combination of crippling anxiety and severe exhaustation.

My wife is awesome and amazing. What the christ was this? My brain blows balls.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the beat cops thought the chief was running drugs. he wasn't. the chief thought the mayor was running drugs; he was. the mayor and his goons chased the chief around the city in an 18 passenger van, then the mayor got shot to death in an awesome shoot out

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
had one where I was part of a couple exploratory space missions
somehow aliens got in and started facehugging people, & my girlfriend maybe got hugged but we got separated.

I was exposed to the face huggers but they didn't get me, and I made it to some kind of staging area that was set up like a conference room, and had an airlock next to it, but no one knew how aliens worked and thought it might be a microbe so I prepared myself to exit the airlock into the radioactive frozen wasteland and die when the suit ran out. There were like four other people left.

then something happened where we knew it wouldn't even matter and we could only send some messages but the other guys couldn't escape so I didn't do that.

An alien attacked and there was some kind of thing where the airlock broke and if it were ever opened again it would be locked totally open, but we repelled the alien. I think almost everyone was dead at this point? There were a few new scragglers who made it back like some Company agent who we all bitched out, we also found some kind of secret data indicating they sent us out here knowing we would almost certainly die, also this was some kind of weird zone in space where there were multiple conflicting readings saying this should be a system of black holes or huge gas giants, not what it ended up being when we got there. We also discovered huge as gently caress alien fossils

Finally it gets to the point where we're having this huge argument and I punch my arm through the space glass and grab the airlock override and i'm like "lets just blow the whole thing out to hell!" After a beat everyone morosely agreed, but right as I was going to pull the plug a door opened and a medic came in (who sorta looked like kenan from SNL) and we were like "Hey man we expected you to be an alien, hah. We're gonna blow the airlock and kill everyone are you down?" So he thought about it for a second while the glass cut the poo poo out of my arm and finally was like "It's fine by me"

Instead of opening the airlock, something I can't remember happened, and it ended up with everyone dead or gone and I was alone, and the ship was on standby power now. I went towards some door and it was partly open, and my girlfriend was in there with a facehugger on her head and I was like "OH poo poo be super careful we gotta get this thing offa you"

Then she was like "You idiot we're attracted to your kind because you're intelligent" and then some form of piercing tendrils shot out of her eyes or mouth into my face and I got mind melded with the aliens. It seems like they valued memories because of their weird lifecycle which I now remembered that went something like this:

The planet was this frozen world with heavy constant radiation and really strange weather, where the seasons had stuff like molten methane and brief times where water was not a mineral ice.
The aliens had this life cycle where they would arise as spores and then proceed to grow through several alternating generations with radically different forms, and it was like a hosed up carnage fest where they would continually be eating each other and other aliens as the seasons passed.
Finally it would get to the end where giant waves of molten fluids would start erupting out and all the aliens would run towards the sea to drown and let their bodies become spores and get redistributed, forming the next generation when the ocean receded again.
The aliens couldn't really die because memories continued forever through all the generations, so I experienced millions of years of this. They had some kind of culture or ideas but it was really strange and only worked in the part of the season where they didn't have to constantly kill and eat.
Also I think their blood was acid because it was a way to osmotically retain water, and even though it was mostly a mineral they ate, they were constantly thirsty. This made me think if you dunked one in water it would probably die.

I was able to somehow get the alien to let me go by giving myself a seizure(?), and I found out most or all the other people were mind melded or eaten, or both. I was able to send all this information in a transmission back home, but I don't know how the dream ended, other than i'm pretty sure I died.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Had a dream I was watching the han Solo Star wars movie but it was very disjointed and not very Star warsy. Bad comedy with odd space action scenes, like one where someone's hand simply slowly adjusted some wheel throttle thing silently on the falcon for a full 30 seconds with no music, dialogue, or other sound effects.

It dawned on me that I was semi lucid and directing the dumb things happening and so brought it to some conclusion and closed it with an actual sung version of the theme that went

"This was STAR WARS aabout haaan
Writing it suuuure was fuuun
You can go hoome now because it is dooone
Dun dudun dudududun dun DUNN DUNN DUNNN DUNNN DUNNN"

and woke up laughing.
Doubly more because while I think Star wars is fine I'm totally not overly nerdy about it or whatever

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Big Beef City posted:

Had a dream I was watching the han Solo Star wars movie but it was very disjointed and not very Star warsy. Bad comedy with odd space action scenes, like one where someone's hand simply slowly adjusted some wheel throttle thing silently on the falcon for a full 30 seconds with no music, dialogue, or other sound effects.

It dawned on me that I was semi lucid and directing the dumb things happening and so brought it to some conclusion and closed it with an actual sung version of the theme that went

"This was STAR WARS aabout haaan
Writing it suuuure was fuuun
You can go hoome now because it is dooone
Dun dudun dudududun dun DUNN DUNN DUNNN DUNNN DUNNN"

and woke up laughing.
Doubly more because while I think Star wars is fine I'm totally not overly nerdy about it or whatever

I once dreamt I was going to see the new James Bond movie, and I was very excited to see it

The climax of the movie involved him infiltrating a swamp island full of hillbillies to try to prevent them from detonating a nuclear device, but he hosed up and the hillbillies spotted him so they detonated the bomb. When the bomb was exploding the movie all of a sudden went into VERY DRAMATIC SLOW MOTION and it began to fade to black as James Bond ran away from the detonation site

It then faded back in to the classic Looney tunes outro with Daniel Craig popping out of the circle going TH-TH-TH-THATS ALL FOLKS

I was so mad my friends had to physically drag me out of the theater and inject me with sedatives

I, too, woke up laughing hysterically

(It was still better than Spectre)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I have a recurring dream where I am back in college at my current age. The situation I'm in, which is never explained in the dream but I "know" in the dream is that my degree is in jeopardy for some reason, and I'm going to lose my job if I don't fix it. (I have been out of college and working for 11 years) I have to re-take some math class in order to earn it back.

The dream always is that I'm wandering the halls, I have no idea where my class is or when my class is - but I know there's a test that I'm missing, and the professor is pissed that I've been skipping and doesn't care that it's because I'm working full time and just found out about this class and test.

It's the worst loving feeling.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
When I was a child I had a few fever-dreams where i was trying to sleep on the easy chair in the living room and cartoon characters started crawling out of the tv set an sliming across the floor towards me, my scream woke up the whole house

as an adult when trying to sober up from alcohol i had nightmares in which one or more dudes busted into my home and tried to murder my whole family. I generally had a gun or large knife but could never use it. If I had a gun my shots would always miss or I would run out of ammo, if I had a knife I was always to slow to catch up with the killers or my stabs/swipes would miss or do no harm. I either woke up screaming or hyperventilating every time

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I have a lot of anxiety-related dreams, but a few nights ago I had a dream that I was literally in a doctor’s office to discuss my anxiety problems. The doctor told me that he knew how I could confront and overcome my issues, and then he brought in a large...deformed, obviously mentally handicapped man...kind of like Quasimodo I guess. The doctor said this guy had even worse anxiety, and that he was going to give him his medicine for it, but that I should do it instead, to get over my own anxiety. So then he hands me a comically oversized syringe with some kind of liquid in it, and tells me I have to inject the poor guy in the neck. Meanwhile Quasimodo is hooting and screaming and generally being terrified, and I start freaking out because I don’t want to stab this stranger with a needle, and then I woke up gasping for air.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
had a dream my dad came to me very concerned claiming he found me face down on his porch passed out drunk. I was very pissed because this was very impossible.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I had a dream last night that I was trying to buy a water heater but they were all expensive as poo poo because they had touch screens and an app, and when I tried asking actual water heater related questions the sales rep didn't know anything about them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
had a dream where me and a bunch of people who I used to know went to party at my uncle's

in the dream half the people are nobody I know irl but I knew them in the dream
there were some other extremely snooty guests I met there
my job was some kind of medium level important professional suit wearing thing
my uncle had some kind of retarded kid? that he doesn't have in real life. He also looked a lot different and was acting weird
he had some kind of condo in a structure that had private aircraft hangars where some kind of small blimps kept parking and dropping people off and stuff

I eventually got so drunk I lost my shoes and ended up walking out into the rainy street level to smoke, when I met I think Bob Dylan who was trying to get to a doctor's appointment (the building also had offices for stuff like that) but he was cool and we had a quick chat. that was nice

in the end everyone ended up leaving without trying to figure out what happened to me, sort of? Like half my friends didn't care or even know and the other half were real cavalier about me being insanely hosed up and high with no shoes and half my clothes

I ended up taking a cab home with no shoes or jacket still, and I was pissed like "all these people are actually dicks and you know what I should quit my job again gently caress all this"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

1500quidporsche posted:

I had a dream last night that I was trying to buy a water heater but they were all expensive as poo poo because they had touch screens and an app, and when I tried asking actual water heater related questions the sales rep didn't know anything about them.

So you went to Sears in your dream?

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The dream always is that I'm wandering the halls, I have no idea where my class is or when my class is -

I have this one a lot too! It's terrifying when I'm sleeping but when I wake up it's always funny to me because in the dream it's like a comedy sketch because I'm climbing through ducts and walking around hallways with gigantic cobwebs when this takes place.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 22, 2018

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
My hallucinations are happening again :(

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My mom died 7 years ago, late at night, my brother and I put on Robocop and eventually fell asleep. I first had a nightmare that my mouth was filled with ashes; then I had a nightmare that my school was walking me down a long hallway telling me ‘Oh we brought your mother back to life and we fixed her hearing’ (she never had hearing problems); she was under a sheet and sat up, and she was evil; it was one of those dreams where you tried to run away but couldn’t run fast enough/know where to go.

I also took Seroquil for sleep for a while and it gave me graphic nightmares; once I dreamed a man was trying to grab me; I woke up in a panic and punched my boyfriend in the shoulder, screaming ‘Don’t touch me!’

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 22, 2018

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Dreams are fun little things, and I've spent a decent amount of time reading up on their interpretation trying to understand my own. You can't really reduce them with any degree of accuracy, and I'm first and foremost an idiot anyways, but I'd like to offer some interpretations. If people like the interpretations, and feel that they're accurate/helpful I'll come back and do more. Lemme know if you want a take on one I've skipped, or if you have feedback.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I have a recurring dream where I am back in college at my current age. The situation I'm in, which is never explained in the dream but I "know" in the dream is that my degree is in jeopardy for some reason, and I'm going to lose my job if I don't fix it. (I have been out of college and working for 11 years) I have to re-take some math class in order to earn it back.

The dream always is that I'm wandering the halls, I have no idea where my class is or when my class is - but I know there's a test that I'm missing, and the professor is pissed that I've been skipping and doesn't care that it's because I'm working full time and just found out about this class and test.

It's the worst loving feeling.

My guess is that you're feeling insecure with the competence level that you're demonstrating at work. Your degree ought to have made/ does make you competent, but as you said it's in jeopardy (maybe you've made some math errors?). That your professor is mad that you're skipping suggests that maybe you're worried about attendance, or are just too plain tired to preform. The main thought seems to be you're looking to prove yourself(by taking the test) but you don't know how to do that (because you don't know where the class is).

Zippy the Bummer posted:

as an adult when trying to sober up from alcohol i had nightmares in which one or more dudes busted into my home and tried to murder my whole family. I generally had a gun or large knife but could never use it. If I had a gun my shots would always miss or I would run out of ammo, if I had a knife I was always to slow to catch up with the killers or my stabs/swipes would miss or do no harm. I either woke up screaming or hyperventilating every time

"They're" coming for you and your family(or just your family?)> You need to defend yourself> You can't defend yourself because of the booze. Without knowing how the whole sobering up process went, it's hard to say whether it's that you needed booze to defend yourself, or that you needed to be sober to defend yourself.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My mom died 7 years ago, late at night, my brother and I put on Robocop and eventually fell asleep. I first had a nightmare that my mouth was filled with ashes; then I had a nightmare that my school was walking me down a long hallway telling me ‘Oh we brought your mother back to life and we fixed her hearing’ (she never had hearing problems); she was under a sheet and sat up, and she was evil; it was one of those dreams where you tried to run away but couldn’t run fast enough/know where to go.

Guessing by the mouthful of ashes there are things you want to say to your mother(good news! she can hear them!). She's evil though which suggests that the things you have to say aren't nice words, or that you're not saying them because you fear you'll be attacked for doing so. There's that train of thought, but there's also a really good chance that it's your brother that you want to have a conversation with wrt your mother's passing. Hard to say without more context.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I dreamed that Matt Groening had learned animation at "Tay College," which was one of those colleges with satellite campuses all over the world. As luck would have it they had an office right near me so I decided to sign up for their intro to animation course so that I could count myself among its illustrious alumni.

The registrar happily printed me out an enrollment slip, but was extremely elusive about where and when the class would be held and even how much it would cost. The information was not included on the slip. When I finally lost my temper and told her to forget the whole thing, she finally at least decided to tell me where the class would be held, pointing out the window at a tiny barbershop over a Chili's across the street. She also handwrote a lot of information down on the registration slip. I was still trying to decipher her handwriting when I woke up.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I dreamt last night that I was on a first date at a fancy restaurant. My date was a real pretty blonde lady in a red dress with red lipstick. The first thing she says to me after we sat down was "I was born with no vagina". When I woke up, I wondered whether she had been lying to me or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I dreamt last night that I was on a first date at a fancy restaurant. My date was a real pretty blonde lady in a red dress with red lipstick. The first thing she says to me after we sat down was "I was born with no vagina". When I woke up, I wondered whether she had been lying to me or not.

That's a hell of an icebreaker, I'll give her that.

• Locked thread