Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

d3c0y2 posted:

it's not Anacephalic-related. It's some weird unknown condition that sort of has everyone stumped.

Just like Alfie's brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Three Olives posted:

OK so they want medical treatment why?
because they haven't invented trash cans yet in Britain.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Klyith posted:

it has no brain. it can't have "quality of life", good or bad, in any form because there is no neural system capable of experiencing anything more than the most primitive, as in paramecium level, stimulus/response.

the most recent bug you killed because it was in your house suffered more.

they havent transferred over the royalist larvae yet

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
people with degenerative brain disease gotta stick together

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Why don’t they just make him an honorary member of the royal family

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

BloodRed posted:

can someone please photoshop on a pair of cool sunglasses onto that tube kid his eyes are bugging me
sure!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 24, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oi he's got 'is dad's eyes

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Three Olives posted:

OK so they want medical treatment why?

because they are in super denial and want to keep it alive in vane and pointless hope that it will magically become a normal kid. its like the Jahi McMath case. where the kid bled to brain death because of a gently caress up post surgery. the family were desprate and dumb and some evangelical oval office suckered them into believing their slowly decomposing daughter is alive. she is in some private hospital now for 3 years or so, slowly rotting away.

quote:

In March 2014, the Terri Schiavo Life and Hope Network awarded McMath's family an annual award. The award recognizes "the unconditional love they have for Jahi, and their courage as they continue the fight for their daughter against overwhelming odds." McMath's mother stated she was honored to receive the award and referred to her daughter as “still asleep,” clarifying that she does not use the phrase "brain dead" to refer to her daughter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahi_McMath_case

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Captain Gordon posted:

Can someone tl;dr this controversy for me?

idiot media interrupts host reimplantation process for the royalist insect lords

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Oh poo poo, did they check the parents for brain activity?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The White Dragon posted:

genetic garbage can

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

daddy seems a little broken himself. like i admit, i feel bad for the parents. they look like young and dumb as gently caress. their first(i assume) kid ended up being an empty shell and that poo poo takes alot to cope with.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

those are average britons

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
they look related

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

the husband and wife look related

well, it is the UK.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Top City Homo posted:

genetic garbage can

U avin a giggle m8

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

ahahahah perrrrrfect

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

The White Dragon posted:

hey buddy what the gently caress do you think you're lookin at?

no seriously what are you looking at?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I saw the thread title and was disappointed that this isn't about royal_babby_3[CPY]

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I saw the thread title and was disappointed that this isn't about royal_babby_3[CPY]

there is another thread for that blessed little miracle this one is for the tube kid with no future and now his parents who look related hth

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

hahaha are the Italians seriously gonna take the living corpse and pay for its medical care until it dies or grows into an adult-size vegetable?

and Italy wonders why they're broke all the time

i mean would it grow if its brains loving gone basicaly?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
this thread is gold

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

skeleton is everything

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nic Cage dick cage posted:

skeleton is everything

Whats the over-under on NHS keeping it around for prince charles' new host body

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
put babby on side of hill and if it's still alive next day then u can keep it

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Mow down every protester out there and nothing of value would be lost.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
All jokes aside,

One of the worst things in the world is a child deprived of childhood or born with a defect.

I wish I could cure the little guy and give him his sentience back. I wish God would give a poo poo and do something about it. Dumb gently caress parents should take him off life support and let him go.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

We're making jokes about a corpse.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

We're making jokes about a corpse.

Ah gently caress, I took a wrong turn at Self-Depreciating Avenue and ended up in Depressville.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

BloodRed posted:

hey buddy what the gently caress do you think you're lookin at?

no seriously what are you looking at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKCPjcvbys

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe not! the pituitary gland is in the brain, maybe that's gone too.

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

The rapid granting of citizenship to a vegetoddler--the biggest accomplishment that Italian bureaucracy can claim in terms of speed and efficiency.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So I'm guessing business interests are using this as an excuse to dismantle the NHS

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My older sister was severely ill as a baby and needed constant life support but she's recovered, mostly. I believe even severely disabled people who won't recover need care because I think part of being a functioning civilization is taking care of people who can't take care of themselves. That said, it makes me really sad when this kind of stuff happens with people experiencing brain death and then being kept 'alive' on life support because families experiencing intense grief and emotional pain have convinced themselves their loved one isn't dead and then a bunch of frothing strangers arrive to validate that for a political viewpoint. When you've lost 80% of your brain you're... you're no longer disabled, you're dead.

Like, uh... there's a lot of neurological stuff we don't understand fully or at all yet, like the fact that nobody knows how this happened to Alfie, but the fact that you need a brain to be alive if you started with one/your species has brains is pretty well understood. Even if there was hypothetically some treatment that could regrow brain structure 300 years from now we don't have that yet. I understand the grief the family is going through but I don't really get the beef the protesters have... like, do they think the free health care isn't good enough? Because in America it's pretty likely Alfie would have died from his parents not having the money to pay for his intensive care before his brain disintegrated. What do the protesters think would happen if they won?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Salty Josh posted:

All jokes aside,

One of the worst things in the world is a child deprived of childhood or born with a defect.

I wish I could cure the little guy and give him his sentience back. I wish God would give a poo poo and do something about it. Dumb gently caress parents should take him off life support and let him go.
You mean severe birth defects, right? Cause I agree with that. It's sad when someone never even has a chance, but they get born anyway so everyone has the time to love them before things go horribly, inevitably wrong as programmed in their DNA. Not that we know it was a genetic defect that caused this, but the principle is the same.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not gonna lie, I'm jealous as hell of this baby

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

PetraCore posted:

You mean severe birth defects, right? Cause I agree with that. It's sad when someone never even has a chance, but they get born anyway so everyone has the time to love them before things go horribly, inevitably wrong as programmed in their DNA. Not that we know it was a genetic defect that caused this, but the principle is the same.

Yeah pretty much. I think every child deserves the right to a decent childhood.

And why I despise lovely selfish parents.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

PetraCore posted:

My older sister was severely ill as a baby and needed constant life support but she's recovered, mostly. I believe even severely disabled people who won't recover need care because I think part of being a functioning civilization is taking care of people who can't take care of themselves. That said, it makes me really sad when this kind of stuff happens with people experiencing brain death and then being kept 'alive' on life support because families experiencing intense grief and emotional pain have convinced themselves their loved one isn't dead and then a bunch of frothing strangers arrive to validate that for a political viewpoint. When you've lost 80% of your brain you're... you're no longer disabled, you're dead.

Like, uh... there's a lot of neurological stuff we don't understand fully or at all yet, like the fact that nobody knows how this happened to Alfie, but the fact that you need a brain to be alive if you started with one/your species has brains is pretty well understood. Even if there was hypothetically some treatment that could regrow brain structure 300 years from now we don't have that yet. I understand the grief the family is going through but I don't really get the beef the protesters have... like, do they think the free health care isn't good enough? Because in America it's pretty likely Alfie would have died from his parents not having the money to pay for his intensive care before his brain disintegrated. What do the protesters think would happen if they won?

Wouldnt it benefit society more to let this kid die and dole out his organs to needy infants with functional brains?

Thats also the name of my fradulent charity, btw

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I’m pro babies dying in most cases, but this one especially

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Wouldnt it benefit society more to let this kid die and dole out his organs to needy infants with functional brains?

Thats also the name of my fradulent charity, btw
Yes, I'm referring to like, people who are disabled but still people, and I worded it specifically that way because I'm sure there are some people who think it would be good to euthanize every disabled person infant or not and pass their organs on to other people, which is very not relevant to this specific case which involves a dead infant.

FWIW when it's something where someone won't live very long anyway and they will be in pain the whole time I also think that's a different situation, because I think it's selfish to keep someone alive just so they can feel pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The parents seemed more intent on posting on social media then actually being with them, tbh. #priorities

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 24, 2018

• Locked thread