Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The sad thing is that if the family was black every one would be trying to be the one with the right to murder the baby but since the family are nazis they get to keep their baby alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Brave Kansas mom demonstrates what a full life Alfie could have if only the cruel doctors weren't trying to murder him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXFeUH4GFU

Jesus Christ. the mom is keeping her rotting son on a vent. she says it her self. if he magical had any brain activity at all. his life would be hell because his muscles and bones have atrophied. his bones are gone. he is a corpse but even sadder.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh man they'll take the kid to Rome and it'll 'live' on life support for a while and then Brexit goes through and they'll be forced to move home and this will finally be the thing that fucks Theresa May over as morons care more about this idiot baby than actual poo poo that's happening now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol the RC church wouldn't do anything, especially not if there was some radical treatment involving stem cells.

The parents want to fly the baby to Rome literally so he can stay on life support, that's all. The hospital he's going to has already said that there is no treatment but they'll keep him 'alive'.

Only stem cells from aborted babies are bad. If the treatment doesn't involve those, it's fine by ol' Frankie.

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/988496588283826177

I guess the idea is that while the child is hooked to all the tubes in Rome, parents can 'seek new forms of treatment'.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah that's what the NHS is trying to do, rather than paying enormous amounts of money to keep his lungs expanding and collapsing and having the parents fly to Rome where his lungs will continue expanding and collapsing and sending the bill to the UK

Lol, youre not wrong and this is worth repeating

This isnt a charity operation, the NHS would be expected to pay for the cost of the palliative care in Italy as would be expected for a member state treating another member states citizen

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Only stem cells from aborted babies are bad. If the treatment doesn't involve those, it's fine by ol' Frankie.

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/988496588283826177

I guess the idea is that while the child is hooked to all the tubes in Rome, parents can 'seek new forms of treatment'.

you can't unmash a potato frankie mate

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I have run out of weed. I want her majesty the queen to urgently intervene in this case

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Legit curious as to what they think the queen is capable of doing.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Gavrilo Princip posted:

Don't be foolish, the queen is almost as powerful as the UN!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pound_Coin posted:

Consider this: a thousand years ago people didn't think it was possible even to mash a potato. It took time, but we got there. I am going to mash a potato today, and one day I believe I will be able to unmash it, if we, as humanity, just put our mind to it.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Gavrilo Princip posted:

Pass the sentence, swing the sword

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Paladinus posted:

Consider this: a thousand years ago people didn't think it was possible even to mash a potato. It took time, but we got there. I am going to mash a potato today, and one day I believe I will be able to unmash it, if we, as humanity, just put our mind to it.

a thousand years from now, we will open the fridge, get that perfectly safe to eat mashed potato, and we'll eat it unmashed, the way God wanted it to be.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gavrilo Princip posted:

She's super rich, she could afford to keep him tubed up forever on her own dime.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Pound_Coin posted:

Well the Italians did invent gnocchi

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jel Shaker posted:

This isnt a charity operation, the NHS would be expected to pay for the cost of the palliative care in Italy as would be expected for a member state treating another member states citizen

It's them bloody health tourists, innit. Coming over here, filling up their vans full of free healthcare and buggering off back to bongo bongo land.

Of course it doesn't count when we send a dead baby to Italy and expect them to keep inflating it like a football with a tiny hole in it somewhere.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

When has a change.org petition ever been successful? I'm not doing any research

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004

Well the Italians did invent gnocchi

So you're saying we need to start a counter campaign on social media to spread that if he gets moved to Italy they're going to boil him and roll him in pesto

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The sad thing is that if the family was black every one would be trying to be the one with the right to murder the baby but since the family are nazis they get to keep their baby alive

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Why even take the baby to the Vatican, it's not like he'd remember it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

turn off the TV posted:

Why even take the baby to the Vatican, it's not like he'd remember it.

They require a soulless vessel. For reasons.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
I stand by my flesh version of groverhaus post earlier even more in the context that sometimes human's brains will just outright fail to develop correctly and vaporize into nothing sometimes.

And this might be a hot take, but can't they try for a new baby?

...assuming that this one wasn't a super fluke and the rest of their potential children are not doomed to be brainless vegetation.

Or, if they found out that is case, just adopt a child?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
they should send him to the US where he could grow to be an adult of average intellect and maybe one day become president.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Brave Kansas mom demonstrates what a full life Alfie could have if only the cruel doctors weren't trying to murder him

Jesus Christ thats horrible.

And the amount of religious paraphernalia in that video spelled it all out in about 20 seconds.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:dogbutton:

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yes but he'll be in immense suffering for no reason other than the parents have fewer brain cells than their son that is missing 80% of his brain.

you have no way of knowing this. suffering requires a consciousness to be present to experience it. lacking 80% of your brain is probably incompatible with being conscious as this is a state which requires most parts of the neocortex to be functional.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LadyPictureShow posted:

And the amount of religious paraphernalia in that video spelled it all out in about 20 seconds.

Her other three children have grown up to be more loving and compassionate than anyone in this thread.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Her other three children have grown up to be more loving and compassionate than anyone in this thread.

Speak for yourself.

I feel absolutely terrible for the parents. When this first started they even were saying "We know our son is going to die. We know it's terminal. But we just cant bear to lose him" and it was heartbreaking.

Instead of getting the help they needed a bunch of idiots on the internet formed Alfie's army and created a horrific echo chamber that persuaded the parents that there kid wasn't dying. That doctors "always get stuff wrong", that it's some conspiracy to kill of scousers/northerners/whatever the gently caress. And the parents desperate for hope have bought into it like I'm sure many people would.

The real villains here aint the parents, it's the Liverpool Echo for sensationalising this story (they've ran 5 separate articles today on Alfie at the time of writing) and the mob of potentially well meaning but toxic idiots who call themselves Alfie's Army.

Those parents should be with a Councillor somewhere, helping them prepare for whats going to come. Instead their boys going to die and they're going to spend their entire lives twisted with rage and spite over a hospital they've been warped to believe murdered their boy.

EDIT:

This is the sort of poo poo these people are sharing.

As far as I know the only bruises and blood on Alfie is where he's bitten or hurt himself during a seizure, but why let that get in the way of a good conspiracy.

d3c0y2 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 24, 2018

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe there will be a happy ending and the parents will get arrested for inciting a riot.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I hope they keep him alive so that, like the Hartley Hooligans, he can provide years of mean spirited memes for us all to enjoy

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

d3c0y2 posted:

Speak for yourself.

I feel absolutely terrible for the parents. When this first started they even were saying "We know our son is going to die. We know it's terminal. But we just cant bear to lose him" and it was heartbreaking.

Instead of getting the help they needed a bunch of idiots on the internet formed Alfie's army and created a horrific echo chamber that persuaded the parents that there kid wasn't dying. That doctors "always get stuff wrong", that it's some conspiracy to kill of scousers/northerners/whatever the gently caress. And the parents desperate for hope have bought into it like I'm sure many people would.

The real villains here aint the parents, it's the Liverpool Echo for sensationalising this story (they've ran 5 separate articles today on Alfie at the time of writing) and the mob of potentially well meaning but toxic idiots who call themselves Alfie's Army.

Those parents should be with a Councillor somewhere, helping them prepare for whats going to come. Instead their boys going to die and they're going to spend their entire lives twisted with rage and spite over a hospital they've been warped to believe murdered their boy.

EDIT:

This is the sort of poo poo these people are sharing.

As far as I know the only bruises and blood on Alfie is where he's bitten or hurt himself during a seizure, but why let that get in the way of a good conspiracy.
A BILLION dollars you say?!?!?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It must be horribly compelling in that situation to have a bunch of complete retards baying that this is someones fault.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LadyPictureShow posted:

It reminds me of that one scene from Jessica Jones.

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Yeah Liverpool Play Roma in the Champions League Quarter Final in an hour and the Alfie's army brigade are out in full to try and force a Alfie Evans chant at 23 minutes into the game. They think that this'll somehow "force" Alder Hey to back down.

Alder Hey is a locally run charity children's hospital that is pretty drat close to a lot of peoples hearts. It's really getting pretty vicious here in Liverpool between the alfie army retards and people who know first hand what Alder Hey has done for loved ones.

How loving vicious do you have to be to try and argue that a charity childrens hospital is murdering kids?

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
The other thing thats running the rounds is this story about the hospital removing the sofa from Alfie's room.

The mob is arguing this is a deliberate action to stop the parents seeing their boy out of spite; rather than being due to the fact that people keep invading the hospital and the room is under 24/7 police guard.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Eternally babysitting a grown adult baby that cannot function in society. More like a mod tag imo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bet this ends with the dumb chav hordes attempting to burn the charity hospital down imho. Mobs of people are retarded.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Eternally babysitting a grown adult baby that cannot function in society. More like a mod tag imo

This is unfair to babies, who do things like breathe unassisted and respond to stimuli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
Some comments from the Echo today.

On Doctor's being afraid of the mob and daring to wear scrubs outside the hospital:

Some Idiot posted:

Why wear scrubs?? A sympathy stunt by this hospital which has shown a diabolical hostility towards this disabled child.He stinks to high heaven that clinician and their corrupt lies.They are conspiring to lie using publicists and corrupt journo to try and make the public turn against a poorly child and his bereft parents.I wonder how they sleep at night..on pillows of money of course saved by killing the sick and disabled. The crying shame

On the hospital somehow being at fault for all this violence:

Some Slag posted:

The hospital should be thinking of the best interests of the other children in their care - They done what they set out to do with Alfie, they should allow transfer and focus on caring for the other children to avoid any further hostility. Hostility wont stop while Alfie suffers !

A massive crazy rant by some women who's googled how the brain works. This one gets copied and pasted a lot.

internet doctor posted:

For those of you that are trying to claim little Alfie Evan's is brain dead or without brain function essential to life. Let's look at the complexities of the brain, let's look at its functions and then let that be your determining factor on Tom and Kate's fight. It's such a bogus fabrication that this baby has no brain function. I will post the parts of the brain and its function. The medulla oblongata controls lungs, heart and blood pressure, it also contains th ne reflex center involved in vomiting, coughing, sneezing and swallowing. As we can all see in Alfie, this part of his brain is functioning, for those in doubt it was also documented in court, that the doctors have witnessed these actions and stated they are reflexes. What they failed to mention is that this part of the brain is still keeping his heart healthy, his blood pressure normal and aside from the ventilation interfering with his lungs, the brain is keeping his lungs working. Onto the pons, this part of the brain functions as a bridge between different parts of the brain, needed to send messages. It also controls sleep, consciousness, breathing, bladder control, hearing, equilibrium, taste swallowing, eye movement, and the secretion of saliva and tears. Now the doctors claim that this part of the brain must be destroyed as he has no hearing. Now if that's the true case, why does his bladder still function, as this part controls both hearing and bladder. Alfie doesn't have a catheter which means his brain is still able to send messages to his bladder, also it controls eye movement and all can see Alfie has many pictures and videos of his eyes open. He is still producing saliva, again a function of this part of the brain. Which leads me to believe that he can still hear another function of this brain part. The mid brain works together with medulla and pons, and build the brain stem, this consists of many parts and functions. The tectum, controls eye movement, auditory and visual reflexes and processing. The tegmentum controls reflexes, the cerebral peduncles influence voluntary motor functions. The substantia negra produces dopamine. The cerebellum controls the movement, balance and motor learning. The thalamus is the relay between the cerebral cortex and other parts of the brain, it is responsible for all senses, except smell and the neurons send the messages further into the brain to be processed. The hypothalamus controls the body's emotions, thirst, hunger and the bodys wake/sleep cycle. The crazy thing is it also controls the nervous system that controls the bodys inner organs. It controls the pituitary gland, which controls the hormones in the body, thyroid, growth and four others. That part of Alfies brain is still also functioning as he hasn't had organ failure and hes growing like a leaf. Now that means the lower brain is working, the midbrain is working which leaves the cerebrum and the diencephalon which build the forebrain, the cerbrum is the largest part of the brain, it consists of cerebral cortex, which has two hemispheres the right and left. The cortex is divided into four lobes, the frontal, the parietal, the occipital, and the temporal, these parts of the brain are almost impossible to determine if they are completely damaged while Alfie is sleeping, as it controls the higher functions of the brain, speech, attention, reasoning, language etc. Although the doctors have determined at least the temporal lobe must not be working as he cant feel the touch of his parents, that only the parents are aware. Yet they then contradict and say they aren't sure if he can feel pain, same part of the brain controls both of these. Deep within the cerebrum is the limbic system which is the amygdala, and hippocampus, these two parts control, emotions and memory. Again cant determine if they are functioning given Alfies age and sleep. So out of the five main parts of the brain cerebrum, cerebellum, limbic system, brain stem, and pituitary gland, only one can be called into question if it is truly functioning and that's the cerebrum. So why would it be okay to cut off life support, when the brain is still functioning. The only thing Alfie seems to need help with is oxygen. People can call it whatever they want, call it reflexes, but let me tell you something if his brain wasn't functioning, after a year and a half of oxygen, his other organs would be failing, his body temperature would be failing, he wouldn't be growing, he wouldnt be able to remove waste, he wouldnt open his eyes, his body would fail. Alfies brain is what has kept him alive this whole time. Oxygen doesn't keep your body alive, alone without the brains functions. A image cannot determine the complexities of a brain. I feel that with as much of his brain that is still alive and viable, that with the proper weaning, of medication and oxygen, Alfie will indeed wake up, even if his lungs are damaged from the amount of time he has been intubated, and he does become oxygen dependent,

FACTS INSTEAD OF OPINIONS, medical or not

Some guy who literally rants we need to make Great Britain GREAT again:

Probable Racist posted:

Family courts are so different to criminal courts family courts all in the same pocket professionals stick together whether RIght or Wrong I hate this country and the mucky Mouse courts with bent professionals it's time we took our place back make Great Britain GRRRREATTT again when we stood up we are puppets now playing to their tune god save us

On how the hospital are planning to murder a baby because they're Cartoon villains

Conspiracy Theorist posted:

Let him go to Italy where he wont be abused and neglected I hope they launch an enquiry into alder hey this isnt the first time they have tried to murder a child upon failing to help them horrible scum

Some religious person saying God'll cure him

Fundie Fuckwit posted:

Instead of arguing and slating one another you would be better praying to God from ur hearts that he will move in this situation and give Alfie a miracle healing. X

And a screenshot that keeps getting shared about someone else's entirely unrelated old parent surviving brain abscesses...which somehow means Alfie can get better

Dear lord I need to take a break. These people are idiots.

• Locked thread