Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you watch the GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE?
This poll is closed.
Yes, Rumbles always rule 15 11.36%
Yeah sure why not I guess 40 30.30%
No, out of solidarity for the women's roster 11 8.33%
No, because I don't want to 21 15.91%
I gotta loving work dude, Jesus Christ. 45 34.09%
Total: 132 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Writer Cath posted:

"Sure you pulled off my Evening Gown, but mine looked better so I morally win and therefore deserve another title shot!"

Baron Corbin posted:

"Yeah that's right, I said 'I quit' in my match against Brock Lesnar, because it takes a real man to admit when he's been bested, lest he be destroyed by his own hubris. And that's why I'm the only man who stands a chance against Brock Lesnar, this Sunday. Believe that."

Blooming Brilliant posted:

"Brock you might think you're the big man for putting me in a Casket last night, but that was actually a Coffin, not like a sell-out like you would know the difference!"

This is fun, do a flag match.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is probably just me being naive but I don't think they'll necessarily change the price for the current core Network, more likely they'll just expand the original programming for higher tiers. Even if I'm hilariously wrong, I'd barely bat an eye at $15 a month considering what you get for it.

The Network survey mentioned also potentially adding other indies like PROGRESS and stuff to the Network so that's another potential direction.

I would say "you can introduce more expensive tiers but you can't increase the basic tier or you'll piss off your base." but I'm pretty sure Amazon just slapped a loving 25% increase on to Prime, so I could be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

VJeff posted:

Your flag had gold trim, Brock~!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I would say "you can introduce more expensive tiers but you can't increase the basic tier or you'll piss off your base." but I'm pretty sure Amazon just slapped a loving 25% increase on to Prime, so I could be wrong.

Friends of mine have already reacted to it with "i buy enough poo poo on amazon they could up it to $250 a year and i'd still stay subbed" and i can't loving fathom ever trusting a rich person enough to say that kind of thing about their product and not expect a response of *$s in eyes* "ok"

Give an inch, they'll take a mile

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"You can't increase the price of PPVs or you'll get people to stop paying."

*watches Floyd Mayweather make All The Money*

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

rare Magic card l00k posted:

"You can't increase the price of PPVs or you'll get people to stop paying."

*watches Floyd Mayweather make All The Money*

I really wish I'd put money down on Floyd for that fight with McGregor, it was the most slam dunk free money gambling bet since I moved to Vegas 14 years ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I really wish I'd put money down on Floyd for that fight with McGregor, it was the most slam dunk free money gambling bet since I moved to Vegas 14 years ago.

Weren't the odds super in favor of Floyd anyways? Wouldn't you have made not much?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Weren't the odds super in favor of Floyd anyways? Wouldn't you have made not much?

Free money is free money.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They went way down as the fight approached, started at like -1500 and got down near -400 or so

Free 20-25% return if you were able to

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Simple business says that they'll start by adding a 'premium' tier that has extra stuff like maybe the ICW and PROGRESS stuff, maybe early access to new archival stuff or original content like the E&C Show, and then slowly gut the 'regular' tier until the $15 level is the primary.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really wanted McGregor to win that fight just to watch Vegas burn.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...I just realised... They booked that cage match finish and RAW IS IN loving MONTREAL. It's like they don't want Roman to get over as a babyface.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

*Roman demands that Brock and him compete in a Dog Agility Course match, and loses due to ref scoring*

Brock Lesnar, the judges may have said you won the T2B time trial during the final heat, but the video clearly shows you knocking over the last weave pole! Your final score should have been a 98! You're not even AKC certified! I'll see you in two weeks at The Most Biggest Hell Cell in Myanmar!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Conspiracy theory: Vince wont pull the trigger not just out of spite towards Punk, but also because Roman cant be replaced if he never takes the title

Roman is just going to destroy an increasingly bored brock and then lose to a technicality each time for the next 10 years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
People here are willing to wager $400 just to win $100?

huh

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

It's 20% IIRC but yeah.

That said I think Amazon has more breathing room than WWE does because that free shipping is huge.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
You're usually not getting free shipping for most items, it's just factored into the cost.

Not to say its a scam though, just more accurate to say you're not paying extra for two-day priority shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Edit: Not the Raw thread.

• Locked thread