Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

...and the pitch! posted:

I hope he quits making jokes,

Did he ever start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Gum posted:

can you let my dog know that he's supposed to be repelled by the smell of poo poo

"Ah miserable dog, if I had offered you a package of excrement you would have sniffed at it with delight and perhaps gobbled it up. In this you resemble the public, which should never be offered delicate perfumes that infuriate them, but only carefully selected garbage."

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

we should thank this brave cop for his service imo,

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Grand Prize Winner posted:

we should thank this brave cop for his service imo,

if he hadnt left his dna everywhere then the east area rapist would have never been caught

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rakosi posted:

isn't the best way to be a serial killer just to randomly shoot random people in the back on the head at random intervals for no discernible reason or pattern.

Just as long as you don’t go into work and hand the murder weapon to your boss, you can get away with this method for quite some time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminole_Heights_serial_killer

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This guy was a moron. It's well known that if you're a cop who does some crime and you end up arresting yourself they have to throw the case out.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Too bad they’re gonna have to let him go. Everyone knows that if you get married they can’t charge you with a crime

Tuna-Fire
Mar 4, 2001

etcetera, etcetera
Hair Elf
The most important question that needs to be answered now is 'how big IS his dick?'

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

fruit on the bottom posted:

Too bad they’re gonna have to let him go. Everyone knows that if you get married they can’t charge you with a crime

i'm curious how they found his dna to compare to the victim.

i hope it was like that one forensic files and some detective just walked up and took his big gulp out of the trash in front of him as he goes ohshit

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

ACAB

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I literally gasped at the thread title. Holy poo poo I never thought they'd ever catch him.

(I haven't read the actual thread yet so go ahead and laugh at me if I'm being gullible)

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

lizardman posted:

I literally gasped at the thread title. Holy poo poo I never thought they'd ever catch him.

(I haven't read the actual thread yet so go ahead and laugh at me if I'm being gullible)

nope, they actually got him

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
he's literally sitting in a jail cell right now

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

lizardman posted:

Me too, and I clicked the thread anyway ready to get buttholed.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Caganer posted:

HI I'M MASKENFREIHEIT EVADING PROBATION

stop sending me pms you needy little feeb, it's loving weird

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Hang on, the reason he was fired from the police force was for shop lifting dog repellent but the rapist was also known for using dog repellent?

Wow, he was obviously super careful not to bring extra attention to himself by not challenging his firing

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Jel Shaker posted:

Hang on, the reason he was fired from the police force was for shop lifting dog repellent but the rapist was also known for using dog repellent?

Wow, he was obviously super careful not to bring extra attention to himself by not challenging his firing

weird. you'd think the cops would investigate something like that

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Gum posted:

Cops knew

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jikes posted:

stop sending me pms you needy little feeb, it's loving weird

FAU said it's cool to post on this account but thanks for the backseat modding.

My PM politely asked you not to bully me. Sorry it bothered you so much.

I'm going to stand by my stance that maybe you should just put me on ignore or not reply if merely seeing anything I post is going to cause you to flame me.

Have a nice night.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Caganer posted:

SENPAI PLEASE NOTICE ME

gently caress off, you worthless little weirdo

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Caganer posted:

FAU said it's cool to post on this account but thanks for the backseat modding.

My PM politely asked you not to bully me. Sorry it bothered you so much.

I'm going to stand by my stance that maybe you should just put me on ignore or not reply if merely seeing anything I post is going to cause you to flame me.

Have a nice night.

yeah i feel like if you have anything important to post you should probably do it quickly

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It always amused me how this dude had so many different "names" and someone would always try to come up with The Ultimate Actual Name For This Criminal We Can All Rally Behind but it would never fully take and just add to the confusion.

Most true-crime nerds online refer to him as EARONS (East Area Rapist/ Original Night Stalker) which is completely bizarre and hilarious sounding and is therefore the best name.

Like, when they get David Fincher to do the movie about this guy they should call it EARONS.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
or David Cronenberg, and call it eAronZ

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait, is dog repellent the reason why guard dogs allegedly wouldn't attack him? It was part of this guy's mystique that dogs could use their *instinctual animal sixth sense* to tell there was something wrong with him and might growl at him but not bite him or anything. LOL at that turning out to be a bunch of dumb "ooh this guy's the ultimate badass" poo poo.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was Melissa McCarthey the one who connected the rapes to the murders to the thefts?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jel Shaker posted:

The suspect wasn't known to use dog repellent. There were reports of his victims smelling a strange smell on him. Dogs at houses he targeted didn't alarm, but this was thought to be from him investigating houses ahead of time, and letting the dogs be familiar to him, which is probably true. And tracker dogs supposedly reacted to his scent trail strangely, which a handler had assumed was because the scent was so strong and fresh.

Nobody knew about the dog repellent. Looking back, now, it is super suspicious for a cop to be shoplifting dog repellent and a hammer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm just shocked that there is "dog repellant" that works like something out of 60s Batmans utility belt

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lizardman posted:

Wait, is dog repellent the reason why guard dogs allegedly wouldn't attack him? It was part of this guy's mystique that dogs could use their *instinctual animal sixth sense* to tell there was something wrong with him and might growl at him but not bite him or anything. LOL at that turning out to be a bunch of dumb "ooh this guy's the ultimate badass" poo poo.

I wonder if the dog repellant is why he always smelled so bad.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Rad-daddio posted:

I wonder if the dog repellant is why he always smelled so bad.

did everyone think he smelt bad or just his victims? because :lol: if he's just walking around wearing dog repellant 24/7

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

XK posted:

The suspect wasn't known to use dog repellent. There were reports of his victims smelling a strange smell on him. Dogs at houses he targeted didn't alarm, but this was thought to be from him investigating houses ahead of time, and letting the dogs be familiar to him, which is probably true. And tracker dogs supposedly reacted to his scent trail strangely, which a handler had assumed was because the scent was so strong and fresh.

Nobody knew about the dog repellent. Looking back, now, it is super suspicious for a cop to be shoplifting dog repellent and a hammer.

If I remember correctly the cops think that he brought his own dog along to at least one of the crime scenes early on, but other than that no dogs were involved, none of the victims had a dog in the house when they were attacked. Dog repellent might have been something he carried when he was still just a peeping tom looking through windows at night, though.

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Let's see what's going on at the dedicated EARONS forum! http://earonsgsk.proboards.com/

quote:

Crimecon is going to be lit

quote:

Was Deangelo on anyone’s radar here?

Answer: No.

quote:

(Thread title: It’s Not Over?)

we need to confirm all the 50+ rapes and 10 murders are all his doing or is there any "non canon" crimes that was done by him.

quote:

Has anyone noticed any missing poster or posters? You know why I'm asking, right?

Well, it's great these folks have now happily fulfilled their obsession and can return to their normal live...

quote:

(Thread Title: "Our Next Case")
Sorry, too soon?

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Crimecon?

quote:

A national true crime convention for those who want to do more that watch the news. Meet the key players in big cases, learn how detectives, investigators, and attorneys work, and be the first to see new documentaries and films.

Huh.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

TTerrible posted:

I'm just shocked that there is "dog repellant" that works like something out of 60s Batmans utility belt

It's called HALT! and most mailmen carried it when I was a kid. When my father went on the 11PM-7AM shift, my mom was worried about being home alone at night. Just so happened the mailman in our 'hood was a high school friend of ours so he gave her a can of it. I sprayed a bit in the sink and inhaled it to see what it was like. Not pleasant.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

WescottF1 posted:

It's called HALT! and most mailmen carried it when I was a kid. When my father went on the 11PM-7AM shift, my mom was worried about being home alone at night. Just so happened the mailman in our 'hood was a high school friend of ours so he gave her a can of it. I sprayed a bit in the sink and inhaled it to see what it was like. Not pleasant.

that's actually impressive that it stayed contained, i knew someone who tried the same thing but it basically just made their kitchen a big pepper spray cloud

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

WescottF1 posted:

Your mom was worried about being home alone so she sprayed dog repellant on herself?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Caganer posted:

that's actually impressive that it stayed contained, i knew someone who tried the same thing but it basically just made their kitchen a big pepper spray cloud

If memory serves, this stuff sprayed in a very fine stream so as to be able to hit the dogs' eyes easily before it got to you.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jikes posted:

Crimecon?

Huh.

I mean when you put it like that it doesn't sound awful, but somehow you can just tell what kind of people go to those conventions anyway

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Jikes posted:

If I remember correctly the cops think that he brought his own dog along to at least one of the crime scenes early on, but other than that no dogs were involved, none of the victims had a dog in the house when they were attacked. Dog repellent might have been something he carried when he was still just a peeping tom looking through windows at night, though.

I remember reading through the case details that there were enough instances of dogs not performing as expected that it was considered a point of interest of what his deal with dogs was.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Vladimir Putin posted:

Your mom was worried about being home alone so she sprayed dog repellant on herself?

No, she kept it on the nightstand and one day I took it to check it out and see if it would work. I sprayed a bit into the sink and took a whiff (I was maybe 13 at the time) and wouldn't have wanted to take a full on blast to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Mods change thread title to "Dog repellent is a real thing" for more views pls.

Anyways, here's what EARONS when he was raping people, etc.

• Locked thread