Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which QB is best?
Allen
Rosen
Darnold
Mayfield
Some rear end in a top hat from DBZ
View Results

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's hubris-based-agony, a main staple of any GBS-based diet!

Let's see half of the NFL get super excited about some 19 year old, before reality brings them crashing down to earth by mid-September.

This year's draft is super-special, in that there are a lot of great players, and even four quarterbacks who might not totally suck right away. In fact, 4 of the first 5-6 picks might even end up being QBs.

Things to know:

- The Cleveland Browns have the first and the fourth overall pick. This team has won exactly 1 of their last 32 games, so we're eager to see the fans of Cleveland step back from their collective ledges and get hyped over picks that will inevitably dissolve in a horrible PR display. Like Johnny Manziel, their first round pick a few years ago who couldn't put the drugs and alcohol down long enough to throw a normal pass.

- Four quarterbacks have exceptionally high buzz, this year. This is probably mostly due to the quarterback market being dryer than Jerry Jones' vas deferens, but there might be a starting veteran or two in here:

Josh Allen

Allen emerged from the combine and the wasteland of downtime hype pieces as the probable #1 prospect. The cons are he played for Wyoming, so it's debatable whether anyone, anywhere has ever seen him play football.

Josh Rosen

Probably the most impressive pocket passer of the group, a skillset that has shown to translate well into the NFL. The problem is he tweets about how much he hates Trump, which is a bad career move in a league owned by rich, white, crypt keepers

Sam Darnold

The early favorite to go #1, Darnold is a polished talent from the lowly Pac-12. He constantly wears an expression which resembles the first time a four-year-old boy looks under Barbie's dress, which is disconcerting to scouts.

Baker Mayfield

Mayfield's mechanics suck, and he's the kind of extend-the-play guy who rarely translates into the NFL. Whichever team picks him is full of idiots and should burn their GM at the stake. Come at me.

- Besides the surprisingly high number of top-ten QB prospects, there's also some good talent at other positions:

Saquon Barkeley

Barkeley is an RB who is being touted as the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson. While that's probably an overstatement, he is a refreshingly baggage-light RB in a draft with several early-picking teams that just can't get their ground game together. Would be a nice fit on the Bucs, Giants, or Broncos.

Bradley Chubb

Besides having a name that lends itself to lazy fantasy football team monikers, Chubb is a skilled edge-rusher. He might end up opposite Cleveland's #1 overall pick from last year, in which case Cleveland would have an amazing D-Line and might just even win a game sometime in the next few years.

There's also a guard and some LBs who have buzz. Plenty of opportunity for your loser team to give you a few months of building hope on top of empty promises.

- The NFL draft has been getting kind of kooky with players making wrestling-style entrances when their name is called. This guy brought a picture of his grandma:

There's always plenty to entertain and poke fun at, even if you're not a huge football fan,

What's your team? Who do you want them to pick? I love the Raiders, and at #10 there's a slight chance a great player could fall. Or else, they could still get one of those two deec LBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Also, our all-goon comedy football website is getting interviewed on Chicago radio! We don't make revenue from this, we do it just as a public service to remind people that existence is meaningless and soul-crushing, so it's fun to see it gaining traction.

Known goon Sataere is going on the Morning X on KXRX with Kev and Lori Thursday morning (right before the draft.) It's at 6:20 AM CST, so you West Coasters can listen while you smoke your morning weed or whatever. These guys look super-cool:

He'll be promoting our site (FootballAbsurdity.com), so check it out. I just finished my 10,000 word "Which NFL Team Are You" personality quiz, which changes each time you take it (provided you answer differently.)

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 25, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Say his name OP you son of a bitch

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The future of CTE is looking bright

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Cleveland is going to pick Allen over Mayfield because they're loving morons.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Cleveland is going to pick Allen over Mayfield because they're loving morons.

Why do you like Mayfield? Im scared because his mechanics and pocket presence are suspect

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gently caress the vegas traitors ):<

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Rosen so good but worried about him cause he is very outspoken and even if coach was like "aaayy gently caress off with the twitter" he would probably say somethign in an interview or something and get himself in trouble

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Cleveland is going to pick Allen over Darnold because they're loving morons.

FTFY

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I don't know which of the four options the Jets will pick. The only thing I'm sure of is that it will be the worst one.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
cleveland is going to some how manage to pick JaMarcus Russel 1st and then the ghost of Pat Tillman 4th

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the ywill then immediately trade the ghost of Tillman to the redskins for a handful of shiny beads

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Nooner posted:

cleveland is going to some how manage to pick JaMarcus Russel 1st and then the ghost of Pat Tillman 4th

And then win the super bowl in the greatest upset against the houston oilers

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
i hope the redskins pick all the good players so my friends dad can be happy

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

no thanks op

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

kloa posted:

no thanks op

Say it don't spray it!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
drat I just learned that they are just going apeshit with letting whoever announce the day 3 picks. Seriously, these people are slated to make picks:

- Chewbacca
- Olympic men's curling team
- A parrot

Seriously

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Nooner posted:

This is probably accurate.

Also, I would draft Mayfield first. I see him being like a white Russell Wilson. Plus the dude is just inspiring to his team and a winner on the field.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Seahawks going to trade down for a dozen 4-7th rounders and pick up no one of interest.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Franchise will be cursed in perpetuity for not running the ball and for going with Harvin over Tate

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Mayfield went to OU and therefore sucks poo poo.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Defense wins championships.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Why do y'all like sports? Not being snotty, just an honest question.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I like sports where the rules make sense/I can follow them. Also I'm obliged to root for teams my friends like, so I do that. But...maybe it's because I've never been 'athletic' is why I'm generally not interested in sports unless it's for betting purposes or boxing (not for betting).

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Vato posted:

Why do y'all like sports? Not being snotty, just an honest question.

Football is a good excuse to get drunk as gently caress and do nothing all Sunday. Some people don't need an excuse to do that, but others do.

Basketball has sweet fuckin dunks and just ridiulous athletic freaks doin crazy things with they bodies.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any other sports exist.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Hopefully Jerry finally croaks while chokin his hogg to another risky pick that sucks

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

buddhanc posted:

Hopefully Jerry finally croaks while chokin his hogg to another risky pick that sucks

Oddly specific. Is it not good enough for him to just croak while jerking it to a sensible guard selection that sucks?

Also, 7 more hours!

Radio interview went well, Rumor has it they want Sataere back on a regular basis

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Drunk Nerds posted:

drat I just learned that they are just going apeshit with letting whoever announce the day 3 picks. Seriously, these people are slated to make picks:

- Chewbacca
- Olympic men's curling team
- A parrot

Seriously

This might actually make watching day 3 picks intriguing.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This might actually make watching day 3 picks intriguing.

One of the regular announcers always hates on this stuff, so they decided to steer into the skid this year

client
Aug 19, 2010

the bills are going to draft josh allen because theyre loving retarded and it will still be a better pick than ej manuel was

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yes a diminutive QB who is mobile but might not translate.
WAY TO STICK TO YOUR lovely STRATEGY THAT YOU USE EVERY YEAR, loving BROWNS

client
Aug 19, 2010

client posted:

the bills are going to draft josh allen because theyre loving retarded and it will still be a better pick than ej manuel was

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
p happy about my chubby for Chubb and nownthis drsft will be complete if the broncos somehow get Lamar goddamn Jackson

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Seahawks with the left field wild card pick that makes no sense. Noice

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Kuato posted:

Seahawks with the left field wild card pick that makes no sense. Noice

pete carrol is kinda losing it, isn’t he telling the same stories all the time

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

let it mellow posted:

pete carrol is kinda losing it, isn’t he telling the same stories all the time

They hit the lottery with the 2010 & 2012 draft and have been coasting on it ever since. I am embracing for another 3-4 decades of mediocrity until they win another super bowl.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Patriots have had a good front office forever. I'm kind of surprised the Chiefs haven't done more but then again they did pay Marty Schottenheimer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
32 draft picks, 3.5 hours, 80 jokes.
https://twitter.com/fballabsurdity
I feel like I just did the joke-writing equivalent of writing a marathon. I wrote 200 jokes for a National Lampoon book back in 2006, this feels more exhausting than that

Grades:
Raiders:
F+ : You traded right then hosed up unbelievably

Everyone Else:
A+ , you weren't the raiders

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Kuato posted:

They hit the lottery with the 2010 & 2012 draft and have been coasting on it ever since. I am embracing for another 3-4 decades of mediocrity until they win another super bowl.

gently caress those drafts, I had great seats for the broncos seahawks super bowl and that was a miserable experience, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and the ravens just drafted Jackson goddamnit I was hoping he’d slip to the broncos

• Locked thread